What's new

Glide64 Screenshots

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
nice progress.... does perfect dark work yet on glide64 yet? if it does, then can we see pics of it?

sk8bloke22

roll for life
actually can we just hav any pics of perfect dark running on the latest glide64beta as it will be interesting to see wat gfx r looking like on it, considering it showed something on previous releases (albeit not too much, but it was still something).

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
I tried PD but you don't wanna see it, it is really terrible. The N64 logo looks like a hedgehog (or star with spikes). The game itself is bad also because you can't see the menu.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Oh gee...had I only my version of glide here, I could've posted some shots. Guess I'll just have to wait 'till i can get contact with dave :/

Dave2001

sk8bloke22 said:
actually can we just hav any pics of perfect dark running on the latest glide64beta as it will be interesting to see wat gfx r looking like on it, considering it showed something on previous releases (albeit not too much, but it was still something).

Perfect Dark has a microcode of its own, using odd vertex structures that I have not yet completely figured out (appears to use several different vertex structures). I got the logos looking kinda good, but you don't wanna see the rest of it. :p

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
It also uses a different way of texturing (as I overheard from icepir8/Jabo).

Reznor007

Both Conker and PD(on the real system) show some horrible texture artifacts at certain angles. Most likely due to the way N64 does bilinear filtering(a hack basically). However, most other games don't appear that bad. Does Conker use the same texturing scheme as PD?

Dave2001

bet you've never seen this on Glide64 ;)

I've fixed large textures!!! YAY!!! (well, 90% of them so far, there is another type i will be handling soon)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
EDIT: It would appear that the flashing caused in all games is because of XP drivers. NEVER EVER trust XP drivers! They won't work well. Upgrade drivers to official ones with yourt nVidia card and there won't be flashing.

Last edited:

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Doomulation said:
Paper mario is beginning to show. Some textures are still missing.
Unfortunaly, it flashes like hell when using evoodoo.

I have Not Gotten a Hold of McLeod...
If he reads this I MUST SPEAK WITH HIM :happy: