What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Federelli's Retexture Pack for Zelda OOT and MQ

SWAT_Marc

Ind. Design Student
TallgeeseIII said:
i keep seeing people's different versions of the c buttons, so i decided to make my own 3d one. i think i'll just do the entire hud this way, what do you think?
Nice try, looks good, but keep in mind you must make them at a concrete size and I think that button is pretty big.

One point, I prefer (when possible) making 2D-Vector pics and saving them as PNG instead of rendering 3D-models because you can easily resize them without loosing quality. Other thing is when you are making textures of realistic objects/environments, but for making abstract pics (such as the C-Buttons) is more efficient 2D-Vector.

TallgeeseIII

well the size there is just for show, i can't even get the plugin to dump textures yet, so i'm waiting to get that fixed before i try this in game. but it's not very hard to change the size for the model either, all i have to do is change the render size and it'll do the rest. add to that that my 3d skills are far greater than my photoshop skills, i would do 2d if i could but i'm simply not good at it.

KMan

The Wu Tang Master
These are coming out fairly quickly. I've already got about another 10 done. I'll see how many I can get done by Friday, and put another package up. Most of these are from the Deku Tree and Temple of Time.

Amon_Knives

Film Student
ok, ive foolishly tried to fiddle with the water textures because i found a really good water texture to use...tell me what you think, cause ive found even more stuff that might help you guys out.

Amon_Knives

Film Student
You know, i hate to do two posts in a row, but I had to show you this, it just gives the deku tree a realistic look to his bark...check it out...(once again, sorry for the double post)

Amon_Knives

Film Student
thanks, ive been working on others too, like a fire texture (unfortunately my vid card isnt very good so the flame is blue :plain: .oh well) but the main thing im really working on is grass textures and sand textures for all of the grounds of OOT. I'm definately not as good at this stuff as Federelli or Kman, cause all I do is take pictures of differant things for textures, while these guys just render things out of scratch (Kman's other 3d renderings for example). That's friggin awsome! Serious props to the two of them. I'll show you my "ground"work as it gets completed. (To Fed and Kman, Im not trying to take over yall guys work, im just doing this for fun in my spare time, so no offense) Check ya later.

Kamran

Wow! It's the first time I've been here and the texture designs look gorgeous! All you guys, keep it up! Zelda looks beautiful. I'll probably join this retexturing group too (once I've finished with Super Mario 64 which could take me a few 100 years from now). Oh well ....

KMan

The Wu Tang Master
Is there a limit to how many times larger you can make a replacement texture? I was going to try and make the deku tree's texture larger than 4x, but it wouldn't load up in the game. Any thoughts?

Rice

Emulator Developer
I check the texture size in the plugin. I am only allowing 2x and 4x textures for now.

Amon_Knives

Film Student
ok, i know this isn't a help forum, but kman, how can i dump a texture for the ground in kokiri forest and hyrule field, cause i have really good textures for those, but for some reason the emulator wont dump the file. Is it even possible to get the dump of the ground textures?

Kerber2k

Kokori-They are a brown grass texture.
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#1EB1E4BD#0#2_all
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#1EB1E4BD#0#2_rgb

Hyrule-Lush green.
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#FFE1F165#0#2_all
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#FFE1F165#0#2_rgb
Make sure they tile together well.
If you want examples I would be glad to show you mine.

Last edited: