What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Federelli's Retexture Pack for Zelda OOT and MQ

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
elitejavi, i've got a great map texture but i'll hand it to kman, since he is the photoshop master, and he works perfectly with CI textures. Besides, he'll do N times the job i can.

Please everyone do not call me a texturer, since i'm not, i have very limited skills in photoshop, and there's very few textures i did 100% on my own (even if it's most of the pack ;), it's still a few). Kman is the real artist here, and trust me, he will keep us with our mouths wide open everytime he shows something he works on :).

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Federelli said:
elitejavi, i've got a great map texture but i'll hand it to kman, since he is the photoshop master, and he works perfectly with CI textures. Besides, he'll do N times the job i can.

Please everyone do not call me a texturer, since i'm not, i have very limited skills in photoshop, and there's very few textures i did 100% on my own (even if it's most of the pack ;), it's still a few). Kman is the real artist here, and trust me, he will keep us with our mouths wide open everytime he shows something he works on :).
Bah, you are doing a great job retexturing OOT, Federelli. I don't think anybody here cares neither if your textures are 100% made from scratch or not, nor how much knowledge of Photoshop you have. You put a lot of creativity on them and the results were amazing, texturer. Keep up the good work! :)

Kerber2k

As long as your consistant with your work I consider it very well done. Rather if their your textures or not matters not to me as long as they werent originally ment for OOT re-texture projects. I think you and K-man will breathe new life into OOT regardless and should continue the great work.
::Thumbs UP::

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Love it fed and everyone else, beautiful stuff. Keep it up!

Can't wait until the day comes that we've made a basically revamped OoT. :icecream:

Last edited:

Amon_Knives

Film Student
well, with some perseverence (and help from kerber2k) i was able to get a hold of the kokiri forest ground and the hyrule field ground dumps and retexture them. In my opinion, i could have done better, but seeing that it still looks great, i might as well show everyone. As soon as I get a few more things finished i might post a download for them, and Federelli and Kman can do with it as they so wish. In fact, i think the more artists we have working on this, the better it will be because every artist has his or her own style, and putting them all together would be beautiful. Like cooliscool said, I cant wait to see the OOT revamped! Here are two pics from my "ground"work. :p

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
While not bad, it doesn't seem to quite fit the game.

Cooliscool, thanks for those shots :).

Last edited:

QuickPaw

Feel the wrath of my tongue!
hmm...seems like v14 doesn't have some of the textures from the other releases. The Save Select menu for one..most of those textures are missing. I haven't spotted anything else yet...but just givin' ya a heads up ^_^

update: Also, almost all of the new text is missing too.

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Federelli said:
While not bad, it doesn't seem to quite fit the game.

Cooliscool, thanks for those shots :).
I acually quite agree. Although they may not fit the game itself, I prefer to go for a realistic look when it comes the the world textures. (of course im also still biting Kman's dust). But like I said before, each artist to his own. But for anyone interested in my textures, ive included a .rar file with my small amount of textures. enjoy, and do with it what you wish (except claim it as your own...) Props for you guys, you're still the best!

EDIT #1: Wait a second, I just controdicted myself. Artists shouldn't say "to each their own", they need to work together to come up with better ideas. So tell me Fed, just out of plain interest, what do you think could improve. (Don't worry about being critical)

Last edited:
OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
Well, first of all there's another texture on stop acting as dirt, which is mostly alpha, and it being low res is not good, since it seems to mess up with the high res. grass.

Try improving that, and see what you come up with.

Kerber2k

Nice work Amon Knives I like the colors of the field. :) While we are on the topic of ground textures I might as well give you a preview of the enviroment Zelda texture pack im working on. Im working towards keeping the game for the most part the way we remember but more detail.
-I still use Fed and kmans pack so I probably wont do anything they already have dont because
I dont think I can top their work.

Last edited:
OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
Kman, there seems to be a small issue with link's chest texture, for some reason it has some transparency.

Kerber2k

Ive worked through many textures today, and ive had little sleep I have yet to consider anything ive done perfect or seamless. I just wanted to see how detailed 64 can get. Final product will have seamless grass textures. Grass is easiest to overlook beleive it or not because of the generation of random dead spots. I respect that in this game for sure makes things look more random even my poorly tiled textures. ;)
Damn im blind I just noticed a green line on the top part of the grass!
Ill post the new screens without the line l8r.

Last edited:

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
This is an awesome texture pack, kudos to all envolved. Too bad it's not for Majora's Mask. I think I might be the only person in the universe that likes MM more than OOT.

QuickPaw

Feel the wrath of my tongue!
Missing textures...

well, what I did was delete my Legend of Zelda hi-rez folder. I MAY of had some textures from other people, but I figured I'd start with a clean slate with v14. After extracting v14, I noticed that I didn't have the hi-rez textures for the Save Select screen and most of the in-game text. (as you can see from the pic...I only have the Q). Things like the File1, File2, etc were all hi-rez from a previous pack.

Oh, and a quick question. I noticed that the textures still work when they are in sub-folders...before this pack, I was extracting everything into the Legend of Zelda folder itself with no sub-folders...does it matter which method I use?

Kerber2k

This is my last post showing off my *fixed grass texture+ a tricky ci texture from inside the deku tree.
This is feds forum, and showing him the respect he deserves ill make this my last post for my texture pack, so if you want to see more screens before I release your gonna need to PM me about it.

ryanraab

kerber2k you could make your own thread. which i would like very much. :) so you have a place specifically for your stuff. I like your work.