What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Federelli's Retexture Pack for Zelda OOT and MQ

Cybertronic

A good article on the origin of "Zelda" Where Shigeru Miyamoto may have Came up with it. Very insightful!

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/content/category/7/77/59/

You cant do a report on the origins of Zelda Without talking about the man behind it!

http://www.n-insanity.com/modules.php?module=article&id=572

Sorry, I didnt find much info on Mario's origin, BUT He first debuted in the Arcade Classic "Donkey Kong" And was known as JumpMan

http://www.classicgaming.com/tmk/mario_history.shtml

It was a revolutionary Arcade game which broke away from the Monotonus stereotypcal Space games that were avilable at the time.. (developers must have had their heads really far up their asses to end up only making Space or Space-esque games, and then have Nintendo become creative and make something ORIGINAL. It was Nintendo that kickstarted the gamming industry. Atari may have been the first to make a home game console, but they were careless, and heartless and did not really think about their consumers in the way Nintendo did, which lead to their downfall. (oops got off topic)

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

ragnor

hehe. Yeah, that did help a lot. I had the second two links (pun not intended), but the first was a big help. Thanbks Cybertronic. And thanks to Amon_Knives for bustin out a nice quote for me to use in my paper about the retexturing community! As for the Title Screen for MQ... I have the one released w/ WW gold. And I just have to bitch real fast. Somebody stole not only my gold WW disc... but also the OOT/MQ bonus disc that I payed $50 for 6mo. in advance to recieve. If that's not a slap in the face with a spit in my general direction, I dont know what is. If no one else has upped a scan of the damn thing by tomorrow afternoon, though, email me Fed (at the address above) and I'll totally get it to you. The email is just to remind my lazy ass, haha

Zeytok

I've finally check with the original logo the size need:

original: width = 142 ; height = 138

size*4: width = 568 ; height = 552

size*8(better):
width= 1136
height= 1104

PS: it's the need size of the LOGO (not the image size = without compute the border)

Last edited:

Cybertronic

how are we supposed to use 8x if RICE dosent support more than 4x?! It would be nice though, because Princess ruto uses really small skin.

ragnor

so yeah. I dont even know what you're talking about, but I scanned the image of MQ from the bonus disc's manual and cover art... at 600dpi. So if anyone wants these ridiculously bloated files, please, by all means, PM or email me. my email should be above. If it's not, PM me, and I'll get back to you once I finally realise that I have a new PM, about a week from now.

Zeytok

I prefer 8x because i need do some retouch and it is more if it is bigger that the max (easy to reduct the error...)

I speak about oot logo on the n64 box

Last edited:

Zeytok

other possibility, someone make a scan of this box :

minimal size need : 1118 x 1562
ideal size : 2236 x 3124

fed : please, are you agree to use this different logo than the actual remake but extremly similar to the ingame logo

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
just a question , when i modify fixed image (link house and other) , when i load the texture , nothing change .
I din't understand what is the way to change it?

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
This is the best i can find, but it's still not good enough.

the_legend_of_zelda_ocarina_of_time_and_master_quest_ntsc_front.jpg

KMan

The Wu Tang Master
I scanned in both the case sleeve, and the instuction booklet cover. But since the print resolution isn't terribly great, I can't get a high res scan that doesn't look all nice and grainy.

Zeytok

thank fed, but i have one with better size : 800 x 1118 :)
but it's too small and quality is not perfect :(

Last edited:

Zeytok

it's not a problem KMan, please can you scan with both size indicated, I want make some test to find a way to enhance quality...
I can give big time on it if it is necessary :)

PS: I can handle all image format ;)

Glenbo

Banned
cant u just add master quest in with a simular font? it will look cool anyway.logo dont need to be blue neither...cool find btw!

Cybertronic

Um... :plain:
*smacks Glenbo for heretic thinking! NO!

The Master Quest logo is and forever shall be BLUE It is written! Miyamoto is the same yesterday today and forever, for he is the word, the word that is "Zelda" He weilds the triforce! :whistling

KMan

The Wu Tang Master
Alright. Here's the instruction manual. This one is different from the cover as it has no drop shadow, so it should be a little easier to separate. It is at 600dpi, so it's at about the size you were looking for but, since the source image wasn't that large, it is a bit fuzzy. You'll probably lose alot of the info from almost any filter, so would probably be better to remake the entire logo in adobe illustrator.

Last edited:

Zeytok

thanx KMan, I start my tests with Gimp and Pixia :)

but, i don't think remake with illustrator, I haven't photoshop suite...

Zeytok

I calculated quickly to know which is best the value for the scan: 207 dpi

you probably can't scan with 207 (remind me my old scanner :down: ) but if you can test if it is better with (in preference order) 300dpi and 200dpi :rolleyes:

EDIT : finally, no need, I have solve the problem :) : I use blur and print effect is remove

Last edited:

ragnor

=/ I said to email me if anyone wanted the 600dpi image. I didn't feel like trying to upload 100M zip of the 3 images I took, because I dont even know what the cap is, but... I'll bet it's below that. I still have it, and it looks like you would expect from a 600dpi scan. I really have no desire to work on the image myself, mostly because I have a really good idea of my limits, and I would prefer it to be done by someone more skilled than I.