What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Federelli's Retexture Pack for Zelda OOT and MQ

QuickPaw

Feel the wrath of my tongue!
The Dave said:
That looks really nice. What source did you use to get the hi-res map?

looks like it's from the official strategy guide from Nintendo Power...among other sources ^_^. Those guides have great pics in them.

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
I just scanned a map i have in a mag. and had to remove some stuff. I also had to supraedit the papirus, otherwise it wouldn't fit.
Then i just had it tile properly :).

rpg

Federelli said:
Here's what i meant :p

i mean wow. this shit is so sick.

just for curiousity sake, what percentage done are we? like 25%, 15% ? How many total textures are there, and what do we have completed so far? I imagine some textures are reused throughout the game. no?

we might put together a little WIP page which lists what we have finished and what we are currently working on.

Firon

Awesome work on the retexturing, Federelli!
I am wondering though: is it normal for it to pause a good 5-10 seconds to load the title screen texture? The map screen takes even longer than that with the subscreen map fix.

optimus$prime

Firon said:
Awesome work on the retexturing, Federelli!
I am wondering though: is it normal for it to pause a good 5-10 seconds to load the title screen texture? The map screen takes even longer than that with the subscreen map fix.

sorry this is the wrong thread
when you disable hires textures the problem is the same so this has nothing to do with the texture thread

you need the delay cheat
look in this thread for the correct code
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=13878&highlight=subscreen+delay+fix

next time please use the search function

Firon

No, this has nothing to do with the subscreen delay, which doesn't happen on PJ64 1.6. :p It's a problem that only happens with the hires textures. It happens when the title screen logo loads and when I open the menu to the map screen.

Zeytok

my wip, it's a draft... still some problems of colors close to the "ZE" of "ZELDA" :whistling

What do you think about colors ?

optimus$prime

Zeytok said:
my wip, it's a draft... still some problems of colors close to the "ZE" of "ZELDA" :whistling

What do you think about colors ?

nice idea

but but you can still see the red boarders on the zelda text

Zeytok

when i said :
still some problems of colors close to the "ZE" of "ZELDA"
I speak about red boarders, no take care to that.

I just want know if "general" colors is correct...

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
The color change tool is powerfull, but in borders you must go pixel per pixel :p.

For the MQ logo, use google image search, then find a high resolution one. Then enhance it.

Gladiac0190

Federelli said:
For the MQ logo, use google image search, then find a high resolution one. Then enhance it.
Hmmm, did not find anything useful using google... what about a hi-res scan of the box-cover? Are there problems with the copyright? As longas you really own the box, it should not be one - am i right?

Zeytok

Gladiac0190 is right, I sought on google and I didn't found interessant thing...

After that, I remembered to have read the color was simply done by exchange of "canal color":
- Red->Blue
- Blue->Green
- Green->Red
(really easy with "The Gimp" :p )

I have to use this way to have the good color of the "Zelda" word

after that, i remake shield&sword little more dark

last, I attach "Zelda" word with shield&sword... now, i just retouch some pixel to remove red borders

I practically finish :) ...

Last edited: