What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Federelli's Retexture Pack for Zelda OOT and MQ

Rice

Emulator Developer
Do you follow the posts?

Disable the vertex shader option, or download the plugin package again. You have the version 6.1.0, not the latest version.

e2zippo

I get these lines no matter what i do :/

Tried both OpenGL and DirectX, didn't matter, high res textures or not, no difference.

Force texture filter, tried all, still get the lines.

Wierd!

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
When using my pack, make sure you've deleted everyhing that was in the "The Legend of zelda" folder, since that old grass texture causes that wave effect :p.

Poobah

Wow! To be honest, I don't like that picture on the base of the tree, but the GUI looks great!

-Shadow-

Banned
Federelli said:
You call that "making"?

(i've already made the shield ;))

Umm, nope, i would rather call it "ripping it off an googled image and placing that texture on a 256x256 sheet" :D I'm just a little bit lazy :D

I've didn't see that texture in your pack, so i thought i could try to help you a bit by ripping that one. Or have you meant the Moon texture on the shield?

Last edited:

h3h3

yeah the tree looks kinda strange
but I'm really digging the sword and the ruby :)@bestbiz
good job

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
-Shadow- That's basically what i do, exept i replace colors, make shadows, apply certain filters, but it's all from a superHQ magazine scan.

Frogacuda

By the way, Federelli, the font for the little letters in the title logo should be a "Trajan" font. You can find free clones of this font without much looking.

I figured this out when working on a cover mockup I did. For reference.

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
Nice cover :)

You mean the "The legend of" and "Ocarina of Time" font? It's clearly Arial, though i'd have to see that trajan font in my pc :p

Dejital

Yes, a Trajan font would work a lot better than the current Arial font used. I've located a free version of the font here. I have grown fond of your project and I hope to see consistent updates. :)

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
Mkay, i'd still like to know where exactly is this font used, i don't see much of a resemblance.

Edit: Just checked it out, no text used in zelda uses this trajan font (or anything resembling it) at all.

Last edited:
OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
I couldn't care less what a desktop someone made using the Pal cover of the game.
I'm not retexturing a desktop, i'm retexturing the game, and the game uses this textures.

Resemble that..., where exactly is that trajan font eh?

The font i used is exactly the one used on the original logo.
Questions?

Dejital

I see your point, but the logo on the desktop is also the official Ocarina of Time logo, the same logo appeared on the Nintendo 64 cartridge, but not in-game. Sorry, I had not noticed that the official logo and the in-game logo were different.

But since you are retexturing it, I would suggest using the official logo instead.

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
The point in retexturing is to stay as true to the original as possible, so i'm sticking to that, and i bet everyone will agree :).