• Xbox

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • None of them

Votes: 13 17.1%

• Total voters

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
jollyrancher said:
And you have to be a retro fanatic to honestly say that SNES games on the whole are superior to the Playstation or the current consoles.
One word: NO. Snes simply 0wned and still does. All snes games are BETTER than any of the current games.
For next-gen, the best console is gc. Otherwise snes beats all by far.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Mystic Gohan said:
Yeah there hasn't been too many good games recently. Most good games that I see are on pc. I do however own all of the 3 systems. The only game I really wanted to buy was Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. I must say that it was a good buy. I like the ps2 and gc a little more than the xbox just because of the better game lineup. I believe the xbox will come back sooner or later.

Star Wars: KotOR is coming to PC soon, which is why i didn't buy it for XBOX, there are 2 genres that will always be best done on the PC, RPGs and FPS, platformers and third person shooters however are lords on console.

smegforbrain

I don't think the numbers really matter a whole lot when you look at the plain fact that, world wide, the PS2 has far outsold the XBox and GC combined. :)

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
smegforbrain said:
I don't think the numbers really matter a whole lot when you look at the plain fact that, world wide, the PS2 has far outsold the XBox and GC combined. :)

You seem to be forgetting the fact the PS2 has been out nearly 2 years longer then both as well. This simple fact is, numbers mean nothing, it's all a matter of personal opinion on what you like better.

scotty

The Great One
I voted for None of the above, because I do not own any of them. once I got a PC in 2000; that was it, no more consoles. If I had to buy one I might get an Xbox, since it seems to run in our family to go where Rare is developing, and Im a big fan of their work.

I say the SNES would be my favorite console overall, it was when all the big developers came in. Also Strategy and RPG games were the highlight of their career, at least I thought.

Many say the N64 wasnt successful. I thought it was, seeing how powerful Rare was in particular. N64 was only bad cause Nintendo got hit hard in 1996 when they lost their genious that started them into the gaming industry, Square took off because Nintendo was "Cartridge Happy," as well as many other developers because of this. Really Rare and Nintendo were the only good developers developing for the N64, the others were busy with projects exclusive to Playstation.

jollyrancher

Who's this genius they lost in 1996? Shigeru Miyamoto, the Zelda/Mario creator? He was with the N64 most of the way through developing two of the launch title and then working like 3 years on Zelda OOT through 2000 or something. So you can't expect one guy to come up with like 100+ great games like the Playstation had. Anyway market share is what the gaming market is all about and the N64 got crushed by Sony... a newcomer to the gaming industry!!! Even Nintendo execs would tell you that the N64 was a failure by their high standards.

scotty

The Great One
blizz said:
jolly, I think scotty is refering to Gunpei Yokoi

Yes, that is exactly whom I am referring to.
Playstation did get more market share, but N64 just didnt have the interest of developers, thats what hit them.
Nintendo failed compared to their standard because it didnt turn out as well as their 2 previous consoles, but it was still good, nonthless

smegforbrain

Hexidecimal said:
You seem to be forgetting the fact the PS2 has been out nearly 2 years longer then both as well. This simple fact is, numbers mean nothing, it's all a matter of personal opinion on what you like better.

Fine. If it makes you feel a little better (and it shouldn't), you can add in the sales of the Dreamcast, Sega Saturn, and N64 in there as well along with the XBox and GC.

The numbers still don't compare.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
You people also seem to forget that PS2 fan boys wouldnt admit they liked anything else even if the did :p

lowki

xbox most definatly i hate the ps 2 piece of shit alwayz breaks and the game cube is prolly the most embarising to own i mean come on were grown up now people i dont know about all you but i dont wayste my time playing mario games anymore and deffinatly not on a fisher price look alike i like pussy and plan on continually getting it

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
I'm sorry were you born a brainless retard or were you slammed against a lampost repeatedly as a child?

lowki

vampireuk said:
I'm sorry were you born a brainless retard or were you slammed against a lampost repeatedly as a child?

talk about hating read what u just wrote to me.......... read it godamnit!!!!!!!!! and brainless huh?? ooOO00 i wonder the last time this guy has been laid

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
lowki said:
talk about hating read what u just wrote to me.......... read it godamnit!!!!!!!!! and brainless huh?? ooOO00 i wonder the last time this guy has been laid

*yawns*

Green text green text green text

:D

blizz

lowki said:
xbox most definatly i hate the ps 2 piece of shit alwayz breaks and the game cube is prolly the most embarising to own i mean come on were grown up now people i dont know about all you but i dont wayste my time playing mario games anymore and deffinatly not on a fisher price look alike i like pussy and plan on continually getting it

somehow, despite your boundless enthusiasm, you've managed to sum up Nintendo's image problem, age, Mario and Zelda are beginning to feel tired as franchises, whereas rest for the Metroid franchise has helped it no end in Prime, and Eternal Darkness recieved much praise (but not sales :( ) on release.

2fast4u

for strange reasons nintendo still hasnt managed to build adequate 3rd party support for their console (besides the gba). granted, personally im buying a nintendo console for the sake of playing classical nintendo franchises but microsoft and sony are ages ahead in terms of games lineup all in all.

Clements

lowki said:

I play Gamecube games because they are more fun and more addictive than anything I've played on PS2, and I don't need an XBox because I already have a PC that trashes it hardware-wise in almost if not all areas, and the games aren't good enough. Halo and what else? Not too many exclusive games that would make me say "Yeah, I must have an XBox to play 'X' game!" Most are just PC ports or multi-format games (like PS2). The XBox has no proper franchises yet as it is a new console for M$ so there is nothing to get excited about IMO, but this does allow for original games which is a plus point for it.

I own a GC for those Ninty exclusives that I know I'll like playing for months on end (rather than some nameless PS2/XBox game that I'd complete/get bored of in a week). I'm not ashamed of it at all. Windows XP has a "fisher price" look, but it doesn't mean that it's a crap OS.

Also on GC there are a lot of original games like Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin and Super Monkey Ball as well as the franchises such as Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Mario Party, Smash Bros., F-Zero, Metroid.........list goes on forever... I like them all, baby!