• Xbox

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • None of them

Votes: 13 17.1%

• Total voters

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
jollyrancher said:
Guilty Gear X2 might have the best graphics and animations ever seen in a 2D fighter, but to many rabid Neogeo fans, it suffers from many of the same flaws as Capcom fighters: it's not the most balanced fighting game and the anime is too cartoonish. Neogeo fighters are some of the most "tournament ready" games ever made... not always pretty, however. I'd pick CVS2 as the best 2D fighter on the PS2.

Cartoonish?

Sol has "Fuck you" engraved on his headband and taunts people by flipping them the bird. >_>

And I don't see many balance problems. Please note, that I said -many-. I know there are some issues, but no one character completely dominates... there are at least three that could classify as 'b0rked', same as SoulCalibur 2.

And, CVS2 is boring, and has WAY too many moves to remember. >_> It's kinda like picking up Virtua Fighter 4. >_>

jollyrancher

I agree that VF3/4 have steep learning curves, but it makes for a more satisfying game when you get the hang of it. Button mashers like MvC get boring in a hurry.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
jollyrancher said:
I agree that VF3/4 have steep learning curves, but it makes for a more satisfying game when you get the hang of it. Button mashers like MvC get boring in a hurry.

Bingo.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
jollyrancher said:

Indeed.

And then they get boring again when you realise all your friends who you like to play games with, refuse to play against you because you're just too fucking good for them to keep up.

< /grave_digging period="for the day">

BTW j00 are all n00bs. Not one of you has mentioned the greatest console ever. The sega saturn.

sammyboy

Certified SuperHero
Wot r u on about Playstation 2 has the most games and if fovured by many people. And if anyone says that the Playstation 2 is boring think again. Even if u dont like the games (which u r gonna be sad if not) but it also has compatiblility for DVD, broadband, CD, Playstation 1. Plus development plans for... hardrive. Plus think about the Eyetoy the only console with a special feature like that And when the psp (playstation pocket) comes out the Playstation 2 will be compatible with that. So what if it has copied from loads of other consoles all Sony are doing is learning how to build a better console from other companies. Why do u think it is top selling.

Stezo2k

S-2K
xbox here, because it's very customisable (modded), extremely good for emulation, has a good selection of games, easy to go online (just use a crossover cable) and its graphics are good :)

Alchy

sammyboy said:
Wot r u on about Playstation 2 has the most games and if fovured by many people. And if anyone says that the Playstation 2 is boring think again. Even if u dont like the games (which u r gonna be sad if not) but it also has compatiblility for DVD, broadband, CD, Playstation 1. Plus development plans for... hardrive.
I have a PC for all that shit, and it does it better.

Plus think about the Eyetoy the only console with a special feature like that
Oh, how can I live without an eyetoy...

Why do u think it is top selling.
It's got "Sony" written on the top. Apparently that's enough for some people.

conkerfan said:
xbox.it has the best games and conker live and reloaded is coming out soon for xbox!
Xbox has the best games, huh? I suppose if you value graphics over gameplay then you're right. At some point though you'll realise that having fun is more important than having a high polygon count.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Yes, because obviously whatever Nintendo releases is automatically "fun", and whatever MS / Sony release is shit for the masses. Give me a break.

sheik124

Emutalk Member
Dreamcast Pwnz You Bitch

fuck all of you! go dreamcast :)
seriously, anyone that brags about PS2 is a twit, most of its games are cross-platform, and look like shit might i say (sonic heroes has to run at half fps and lower fidelity sound) and you are bragging about BBA, CD Support, PS1 games, Hard Drive, HA! XBOX can do all that shit right out the box, just screw in a solderless modchip and your done! it comes with an HDD, can play PS1 games like making ramen soup, and you don't need to shell out 40 fucking dollars for a bba. and like alchy said, who gives a crap about eyetoy, its the gayest thing i have ever seen. typical sony marketing, buy our peripherals, sony makes all their money selling peripherals, barely any from systems, and squat from games because they are the easiest copied. but aside from their cross-platform games, PS2 has some pretty fun games, kingdom hearts, FFX, dark cloud, devil may cry, so on.
when it comes to xbox however, aside from halo and cross-platform games, they got jack.
and gamecube has the best exclusive games out of any system, Zelda in all its forms (so far there is a possible of 5 discs, Windwaker, OoT/Master Quest, Nintendo Power Collectors Disc, the New Realistic Zelda, and 4 Swords), mario kart dd (it ownz you), super smash bros (can you live without it), pacman vs (if you haven't played it 4 on 1, don't say anything), and a load of other crap i am too lazy to mention, like viewtiful joe and mario sunshine.
oh well, i could care less, go n64! :n64:

matthew

Clements said:
Found the list of 9 games confirmed not to work:

Arcade Party Pak
Atari Arcade Greatest Hits
Fighter Maker,
Final Fantasy Anthology
International Track and Field
Judge Dredd
Monkey Hero
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Tomba

Source:

http://www.ps2home.co.uk/ps1_games_on_ps2.htm

And also:

http://www.vasu2000.com/ps2/ps2_alert.htm

98% of PSOne games work, not ALL as was stated somewhere earlier.

Thanks to Nightcrawler on the ZSNES Board for said info!

I can confirm Mortal Kombat trilogy and Final Fantasy Anthology working on ps2 for me since i have those games