What's new

Donkey Kong 64 issues fixed

Curious

Re: Angry Aztec Boss

barronfel said:
I have beaten the Angry Aztec Boss many tims, but not one of those times did it give me the key:plain: :angry: .
Help!

It seems we share a problem. Unfortunately I can not help except to point you in the direction of the eeprom database thread where you will find Donkey Kong eeproms. There should be one with 2 keys there. Afraid this is all I can suggest I am stuck with a similar problem. Let me know if you experience a problem with the Gloomy Galleon boss.

C.

OP
M

mantis

HI guys !!
I'm back!

Barronfel, i suggest you downloading the eeprom save i placed to the beginning of this thread( don't forget to rename it ***.eep, that's not a compressed file!)

now,for something completely different!
I've conducted a simple experiment to explore the relationship between the cf setting and the jumping distance of the mascot in donkey kong 64.

I've jumped from the edge of the square.(cf1)

OP
M

mantis

so, as you raise the cf your character jumps, flies etc... further.

counter factor is also a key feature in beating barrel blast mini games.
A correction:
The barrel blast mini games are playable under pj64, pj64-1964emu save state converting is not necessary, but under pj64 ( using cf4-cf6) the trick is more time consuming as one have to make a save state with donkey in the air and then change cf. and reset etc...

BAck to jumping.Frantic Factory boss.

OP
M

mantis

This part is playable only I F Y O U S E T C F T O 3, otherwise the character will jump too short(cf1 cf2) or too long(cf4 and above)

KahnAbyss

This boss doesnt causes me a lot of trouble with the emu

maybe except its a fuckin hard boss and the camera doesn't help :)

Greetz Kahn

OP
M

mantis

well, i usually play dk64 under cf2 setting because its smoother, and wasn't able to reach the neighbour pillar with long jump.

I believe cf3 mode was the original .Can anyone who saw it on real n64 confirm me?

as you raise cf the mascot not only jumps but moves bigger distances and this feature could make the boss beating extremly hard.

KahnAbyss

As I said jumping wasnt my trouble it was more the camera that make the boss realy hard since you want to jump and it make a 180 degree turn :)

OP
M

mantis

ANyway, could you write about the gameplay issues you mentioned?

some pictures would be also nice

B

barronfel

Fixed

I got a eeprom and now it works! :) , but my game won't do Multi-player because it dosn't think I have the player 2 controler "pluged in":angry: .

OP
M

mantis

I agree, that's the same for me, but i think that's not the emu's fault.

Question:
Have you tried to get the boss key under the 1.3 version of pj64???

B

barronfel

I found a few more probloms with DK64 on PJ64 (or it might be my rom;) ).I have trouble capturing Banana faries, it says I didn't get the Banana fariy centered enough, I had it varified by someone who ones the game and he said that it looked like a bug to him. And at the begining, when they're doing the rap, the audio get ahaed of the text a verse. Does any1 no how to fix it (if at all)?

OP
M

mantis

GOngratulations!

PLeaSE send me an eeprom of the 101%[email protected]
did you had any trouble with normal saving during the game??
PLesae write your favourite cf settings

about boss key issue:

I've succesfully reproduced the 2. stage(DOgadon) boss key issue.Description: boss fell in lava, key nowhere, am i right??
this feature occured only in cf4 mode for me!!
i do not recommend playing in cf4 mode to anyone, however it is necessary if you wanna see the intro and cf4 might have conneciton with proper eeprom saving.
the cf setting also affects the banana fairy photo shooting !!
ABout multiplayer: simply define a 2. controller.

KahnAbyss

hmm Most of the time Cf3

except for the 2 lasts levels wich are better on Cf5
dunno why but it get slow and you dont event jump long enough to certain place timer in minigames are way too fast...

Ill send the 101% just before KRool final battle tonight when ill be at home on the eprom database

Greetz Kahn

OP
M

mantis

Fortunately this could be managed with graphics plugin changing.set the video plugin to jabo's 1.3 direct x6

OP
M

mantis

The following pic is one of a pair.A lot of graphics is missing if you play the arcade mini game under jabo's 1.4 plugin.The solution is the same: change to jabo' 1.3 dx6 plugin.