What's new

Direct64 v0.5 ALPHA

Kyo

Yeah..
You know what guys? It seems to me that this bug behaves just like the one in Gln64: enabling the framebuffer leads to black screen. We solved that one using the "oglxxx" file from 3.7 drivers. Could it be some "bug porting" from Ogl to Direct3d or i'm just babbling?

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
rcgamer said:
I dont know if ridge racer is perfect or not , but it sure looks good to me. btw, the replay caption does work.

Is not about this i'm writed. Is about the Motion Blur i see the first time and in the real64(R)........
I will download the new version and see if it works..... and do my breakfast........

rcgamer

the old guy
i put that last part there because you couldnt see that it said replay on my screenshot. had nothing to do with what you were talking about. but i tried but couldnt get any motion blur effects.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
1. Seems we have a depth problem in Rainbow Six.....
2 & 3. Mortal Kombat 4
4. Donkey Kong menu errors, in game we have that "flickering" camera problem, but the IQ is very good......
5. Errors in various parts of Castlevania 64 (U).......

olivieryuyu

well it seems that there is a problem with memory management: i mean when i play a new game i can see in the bottom a strip which is a part of the last image of the game before.

rcgamer

the old guy
olivieryuyu said:
well it seems that there is a problem with memory management: i mean when i play a new game i can see in the bottom a strip which is a part of the last image of the game before.

Ive noticed this to, also if you are playing certain games and switch to other games it doesnt seem like ram is released correctly if that makes sense. it takes a long time to shut down the emu and run another program under these situations.

here are some more screens , all these games seem to work fine except for army men air attack. it has black background until you move then the tiles are all squared.

Last edited:

Gladiac0190

Yay, you're still the only one that got zelda64 menu framebuffers perfectly working. ;D
I love your releases because each one is awesome!

rcgamer

the old guy
something to report to you orkin. bakuretsu muteki bangaioh (j) uses s2dex microcode. you might want to update that. the game still looks bad though.

-Shadow-

Banned
Screens from Space Station : silicon Valley !

1. : Erm... well...
2. : Elements of the menu are missing o_O
3. : A lot of stuff is missing : Sprites like Flowers , grass bushes , the Legs and head of the animals (Level of Detail glitch ? the sheep have got tails though ^_^ )
4. : *sings* im blue , daba dee , daba day.... :D
5. : Whooo , first plugin which got this effect emulated properly :) (on other plug-ins , either you see the only the interior of the ship when you are near the glass)

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
Sorry for Double post :p

Some screens fron Starcraft 64 :puke:

1. : The small FMV sequence , nothing visible :p
2. : Campaign selection :p (GPU load sometimes goes to 75 %)
3. : Ingame ! Shows nothing and Video load = 0

rcgamer

the old guy
both battletank games work pretty well , however there is a problem when you get next to a building of your tank half disappearing into the building. battlezone is not playable, trailers everywhere.

-Shadow-

Banned
Banjo Tooie looks very nice !

1. : Perfect Framebuffer effect !
2. : Every puzzle piece shows the same FB image o_O (at least it looks nice , moves + runs fast ! ;) )

/edit : simulate overscan looks a lil' bit inaccurate on some games , sometimes (in BT for example) the HUD gets cut off o_O .

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
beast wars looks nice.
beetle racing has sky errors and tree errors,\
both games use extremely high resources at times.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Nice to see all these pics but i still cant see nothing but a black screen :p

Looking forward to the day when us poor fek all on the screen gang can see something :D

-Shadow-

Banned
*consolesgent* Hmmm... It started to work for me when i reinstalled the Catalyst drivers , i got 4.4 and i just renewed them , i think you have to install the drivers past DX9 or something .

I'ts really a driver issue...

Trotterwatch

I've installed countless drivers H3ad5h0tter, and I've installed them correctly nearly everytime (the last time I reinstalled 4.4 over the top of the old install just to see if that affected it at all).

Whilst it may be a driver issue, it isn't one that is immediately fixable by us poor sods that are afflicted by it ;) Thus we are hoping for some work around to be implemented.

rcgamer

the old guy
big mountain -works pretty much flawlessly

bio freaks-text errors , various minor graphic errors

bio hazard2-ucode unknown (errors or nothing with all tried)

blast corps -froze after pushing the start button to go in game.

I can use the vehicles in body harvest and lower the brigde but cant cross it. bad graphics to. using pj64. for some reason this game will not work at all in 1964

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Not all Zeldas work

With one of the newest Zelda Rips Legend of Zelda, The - Majora's Mask (U) ( GC-Version) [!] I got the following failure:
"Failed in Emulation Thread".
But did u know what's really scared?Both Jabo's Plugins loads it(and play) without an error message...

BTW: the Geforce3 Prob is finally fixed! Thank u, guy!

More reports to come...

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
That doesn't really matter, since Majora's mask was released for the N64 anyway, master quest wasn't, its an emulator issue not a graphics plugin issue.

Btw Orkin, without Simulate overscan on Banjo-Kazooie will not show anything else than a black screen

Last edited: