What's new

Direct64 v0.5 ALPHA

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
gandalf said:
hmmm....i like to see Frame Buffers effects in ridge racer!,please,put some shots

Very strange: worked the first time i played (30 minutes ago).....
i closed 1964 and opened Corel Capture 11 and now don't works....... :(
i restart and replayed 5 times.......
i will (now!) install 61.61 drivers and restart my computer to see if works.......

/EDIT Some minutes later..../
Nah, i can't get the MB effects in RR64 to work...... sorry....... but 61.61 nvidia drivers are working fine for now......
More one screen: Pokemon Stadium 2 working so great!!!!!

Last edited:
OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
I posted another version that fixes some of the issues you guys brought up.

Thanks again for the feedback, ya'll rock!
rock.gif

Orkin

rcgamer

the old guy
I dont know if ridge racer is perfect or not , but it sure looks good to me. btw, the replay caption does work.

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
lalalah... screens !

No. 1 : Majora's Mask : Motion blur now works perfectly ;)
No. 2 : This is the first plugin , which emulates lens of truth 99% perfect !
No. 3 : 1080 Snobo : Nice !
No. 4 : 1080 Snobo : nothing to say :D
No. 5 : Banjo-Kazooie : The "Puzzle together" effect doesn't work :C

/edit : I've got a lil' old bug to report : The old Mystical ninja slowdown bug , an annoying one ;)

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
conkers is getting farther along i see, you can get in game but it looks like $hit (i know your working on it).

olivieryuyu

just a test please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please could someone test Top Gear Hyper-Bike and Top Gear Overdrive

i think the games work, incredible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Orkin: are you working on a new microcode ?(you know the guy with a whip)

rcgamer

the old guy
no top gear hyperbike isnt working here. what made you think it did? yes he is working on a ucode for it , but he hasnt got very far. i already asked.

rcgamer

the old guy
I notice that parts of chefs love shack are working better. but still totally unplayable. top gear overdrive gets to the title screen then freezes.

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Orkin said:
I implemented transformation, lighting and clipping in software, because the N64's transformation and lighting is incompatible with the current PC GPU's method, and D3D doesn't do hardware clipping if you do your own transformation, so I did that in software too. The only other thing I've done in software is the depth image rendering to RDRAM (which you can disable with the N64 Depth Image setting), which is MUCH faster than trying to copy the depth stencil out of video RAM...

I've tried to make sure it works as good as possible with PS 1.1-1.4, but I've already run into some instruction count limits. I might be able to work it out be going to ASM in instead of HLSL for the shaders though.
Intresting. Thanks for that feedback ^_^

rcgamer

the old guy
well test us your rom properties and plugin settings for the game. i can only get in game with rices plugin so far.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Great progress orkin!
I check this thread daily 2 see the great pics and looking 4 a new version.
Hope the Geforce 3 bug now is gone, I'll try 2 check it out this evenig, so I will post some experience, too.
Great Plugin, great alpha!
You rock, too!

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Anyone notice that on most(if not all) roms have parts of the screen cut off at the sides, plus if you use PJ64 theres a bit black rectangle at the top of the screen in windowed mode.

Last edited:

olivieryuyu

rcgamer said:
well test us your rom properties and plugin settings for the game. i can only get in game with rices plugin so far.

I don't know what happen ... certainly a bug that cause that i was able to boot this game because i can't do it anymore (just one time). CF=1, 32 bit, noise at pc resolution ....

sure it 'll be fix ...

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
Some new screens :D

1. : Guess what ^_^
2. : Guess what ^_^
3. : extreme G : looks Ok.
4. : extreme G : Track f****d up :C
5. : Mystical Ninja 1 : OMG Look at the GPU load counter :eek:

Last edited:

Kyo

Yeah..
I really hope to see the stupid black screen problem solved soon, although nobody has got the reason yet...i have a 8500 too, and i can see nothing...

rcgamer

the old guy
here are some more screens. there are still a whole lot of games not working, also there is still the problem i had with your other plugin of screens being much larger than the settings call for and getting cutoff(seems to be more at title screens and opening sequences.). i didnt take any screens of this problem because im sure you know what i mean.