What's new

Direct64 v0.5 ALPHA

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
One important framebuffer effect missing in Zelda MM orkin, the pictobox framebuffer effect, if your plugin could emulate that Zelda MM would be nearly perfect.

olivieryuyu

right with the new release Command&Conquer are now bad but i'm sure it was ok with the 1rst and 2nd release. i deleted old release .....

ranny

I got some error, I wonder if it's only me...
z.gif

BFeely

Well, I can't open the Options box, so I am stuck with default settings. The screen becomes wide then Error loading D3D Texture and Exception in Emulation Thread errors pop up. I am using a GeforceFX 5200 card and the 60.72 drivers.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Ranny, what video card do you have, If its not fairly recent then what you got isn't suprising.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Two comments i need to make.....
I disabled the PS2.xx extensions in nVidia drivers and i got nothing on screen...... so many errors..... i think the problems with radeons 8500, gf4s or gf3s is related to this..... (tested F-zero and Majoras Mask)

And why in fullscreen is so much high the speed... i play F-Zero in window with sound cutting out every second and works a hell good in fullscreen (only tested f-zero and perfect dark for now)....

Last edited:

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Wow, looking good. Seems to run fine with my All-in-Wonder 9700 Pro, Catalyst 4.4, and 1964 0.99. Windowed runs abominably slow, but I think my drivers are screwed up, because UT2004 does it as well.

A few issues:
- When I go to full screen, the 1964 controls stop working. No Esc, no F4, not even Alt-F4. The only way to quit is to hit Ctrl-Alt-Del, type 1964, hit Alt-E, then press space.
- When N64 Depth Buffer is set to Render, it screws up Super Smash Bros. Depth is horribly messed up in the intro scene, and the levels appear far away.
- The screenshot function isn't working yet. I assume you know this, but it would be quite nice to have.

Increase Culling Distance sounds very interesting. I haven't tried anything it might be useful in yet. (Actually, just Smash Bros. :p) Does it work in all games with large draw depths, or just a few?

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
I think there might be a memory leak. I was playing Majora's Mask for about 2 and a half hours with no problems then all the sudden I get like 20 "Failed to Create D3D Texture" errors (might be a little off on the error, but close). So I stop emulation but after I press the stop button it takes like 1 whole minute to get back to the rom list (Hardrive spazzing out during this). I forgot to open up the task manager and check the memory usage though... *Smacks himself*

The Khan Artist said:
Wow, looking good. Seems to run fine with my All-in-Wonder 9700 Pro, Catalyst 4.4, and 1964 0.99. Windowed runs abominably slow, but I think my drivers are screwed up, because UT2004 does it as well.

Yes, this is a known driver bug. Only happens In D3D applications while using AA and playing in windowed mode over the desktop and in a few other cases.

Last edited:

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Ah, I see. I hope ATi fixes this.

Anyway, I just want to say that, while this plugin is great, I hope Orkin does decide to continue with glN64 as well, for the obvious reason that OpenGL is not limited to Windows.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
The Khan Artist said:

Nah i don't think is the drivers, since i run at 1024x768 with 2xsal filters in fullscreen at fullspeed and is soooooooooo slow in window mode........

And now........ more FB for you...... :D :)

(as you see [i think] in the first screenshot of MM, the simulate overscan function needs to be adjusted a little)

Last edited:

revl8er

That Damn Good
This last release seems to mess up the peach to bowser effect in mario 64, i'll post a pic when I get home.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
This last release seems to mess up the peach to bowser effect in mario 64, i'll post a pic when I get home.
Yep, same here, no more peach... only bowser..... hwarhwarhwar......

Hey Orkin, you're tha best............ :D

1. Heist Rocket Launcher.......................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

2. Gold Conker!!!!!!!!

again we see that overscan needs adjustments....

Last edited:

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
Nighty0 said:
Nah i don't think is the drivers, since i run at 1024x768 with 2xsal filters in fullscreen at fullspeed and is soooooooooo slow in window mode........

It's a known ATI driver bug. I have no idea what your problem is because I haven't seen anybody with an nVidia card complain about something like it.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
1. Dr. Mario 64... :blah: background is diaplyed correctly at first second, later is you see in screenshot
2. Ridge Racer 64..... white cactus? :freak: other trees are white too.....

gandalf

Member ready to help
Maybe Optimizing vertex handling,make SM64 portrait doesn´t work anymore (my opinion :p)

Sorry for my english :(

-Shadow-

Banned
Screens from Perfect Dark .

No.1 : Bullet tracers are looking bad (blender issue ?)
No.2 : laser looks bad (blender issue ?)
No.3 : Decals on wood are looking bad (blender issue ?)
No.4 : Fullscreen FB effects have got small stripes on them and they don't work , too :C

olivieryuyu

command and conquer was very nice very the last release but this new one make the intro black and still the same gfx bugs. Well it's getting worse. I was able to find the first release and the intro was nearly perfect. Now it's black

check it please

OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
gandalf said:
Maybe Optimizing vertex handling,make SM64 portrait doesn´t work anymore (my opinion :p)

Sorry for my english :(

Your opinion would be correct! I had a feeling I had forgotten to update something...

I'll have it fixed for next release (hopefully along with alot of these other bugs), which could be a couple days from now b/c of finals...