What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

datadayne's paper mario style super mario 64

DDRPIP

The One and Only
hmm, the third stage it kinda weird, not the water (i know you can't do it as of now) but the wall and tiles look kinda pixelated, I wonder if you can make it higher than 4x, try it, but they just look weird...

OP
D

Datadayne

Yes, It looks really pixelated because the thats on texture that covers a big space. Ill see what I can do.

OP
D

Datadayne

Okay, I got the textures to dump.

Heres what I have. (please post anything you dont like, I will be editing some textures)

Bowser's stage

paper mario style bowser

Introducing.....

^Paper Mario^

Iconoclast

...You whipped this game in the ass.

Except you forgot 2-D paper mario retexturing like the coin and star indicators (excuse me if someone already said something about that). I guess, I'll work on a trick or two for those, even though I don't use Photoshop. The GUI's important to retexture, though; it's seen all throughout the game.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
WOW! it's looking freakin awesome dude!
I love bowser and mario looks good, too
Some textures have minor tiling problems, and the 4th stage looks much better, you've lightened it up alot.

Very minor errors, looks awesome.

When are you releasing a pack?

OP
D

Datadayne

First release is comming soon. Gonna fix some errors and touch up some textures.

First floor 85% done.

Iconoclast

And for those GUI icons I tried to do...

25243CA14AC8F155502325E38F94A22A.png
1885CB187A029FF180497A4B731429E0.png
B2E85BD3DCED8D6B6AD0D20C522997F7.png

I inwardly think these look slightly better than the crusty-ass ones that appear on Rice's at default, not saying you couldn't do so much better. Again, though, just offering.

The star I did a little too much analyzing on....

AttemptOfAStar.png

That is probably the worst possible image to use in a cartoon pack.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
hmm, what do you think of this mario GUI?, i'll do the coin too, if you want, i use them in my pack for PM, i can't right now because i have band try-outs; but I'll do them when I have time

Last edited:

DDRPIP

The One and Only
hmm, coin is okay, but the star isn't working very well, see if you can get it to look smooth...

lakitu and camera tomarrow

OP
D

Datadayne

Real nice. Loving it.

(how is it possible that you have 175 stars in your pic? I thought there are only 121 in the game)

DDRPIP

The One and Only
heh, hmm.. yeah you're right, I always only got 119, but i like your mario head better, nice.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
well, lakitu is finished, but the camera... I tried it but it looked really bad, a crappy clip art picture instead, don't use it if you don't want to, heh...
well, here it is, tell me what you think.

Last edited:

DDRPIP

The One and Only
cool, well I can do some more stuff, like hud, font and numbers if you want, I really would like to join as you know, just tell me what you want done and I'll do it.