What's new

Cube SALES DYing

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
flow`` said:

lol.. piracy? last time i checked you couldnt download a gc game, nor was it even possible to rip a game. xbox/ps2 games are being pirated by the thousands. his whole answer is so stupid..

I saw that article, asked myself the same thing. Asians are usualy the first to pirate anything, but they haven't even bothered to pirate GC games. Plus they said they plan to prevent piracy by using older hardware...wait a second, that doesn't make sense...

zorbid

flow`` said:
lol.. piracy? last time i checked you couldnt download a gc game, nor was it even possible to rip a game. xbox/ps2 games are being pirated by the thousands. his whole answer is so stupid..

IMHO, He's more worried about the future... Imagine 1 billion of chinese people trying to hack the GC :happy:

And yes, it's much harder to find a ROM dumper for the N64/ SNES/ NES and blank cartdiges, than a DVD burner (if you suppose that it's possible to modify it in order to burn the games, assuming that the file format has been cracked (and it hasn't been, I know)).

Last edited:

Plisco

Sevillian
Q: What are your overseas strategies?
Well in the UK they have people/gaming objects trapped in cubes as the soar about through in gaming footage. By gaming objects I mean like a tie fighter in a cube with footage of rogue squadron.
This was much the same for all the release games i.e wave race, luigis mansion.

Mario Sunshine went a different route by going through various settings of normal life but putting black mostaches on all the ppl. All adverts had one thing on common though, they used the slogan 'lifes a game' at the end.

IMO They wer good ads but ther was nothing to target the older generation with. And the slogan 'lifes a game' is it too similar to the infamus ad of xbox with the person aging from baby to oldman in seconds, with the slogan being 'lifes to short Play more'

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
zorbid said:
And yes, it's much harder to find a ROM dumper for the N64/ SNES/ NES and blank cartdiges, than a DVD burner (if you suppose that it's possible to modify it in order to burn the games, assuming that the file format has been cracked (and it hasn't been, I know)).

Actualy, you don't know that, trust me :)

But now why would they want to move back to old rom storage? Most chinese probably couldn't afford that, and to top it all, the games would have to be of lesser quality, because mass storage in solid state form is extremely expensive.