What's new

Cube SALES DYing

Gorxon

Administrator
blizz said:
where did I bash it? the cel shading would fit better on Animal Forest no question about it,

it's become L33T to say "Don't bash it until you've played it." and personally that's just utter bollocks, you have to look at a game when you play it, so of course visuals come into it, if I'm going to play a game I'd better enjoy watching it in motion and the controls (which is why DMC is sitting at the bottom of my pile doing fuck all), and personally from what I've seen of Zelda: TWW I'm in two minds, some parts look brilliant but some of them are fucking stupid, it's called inconsistent and Zelda is showing it in the eye candy part, it's got the tweaked controls from TOOT so I've got a pretty fucking good idea of the basic gameplay right there, that's why I've revised my "Zelda will be good because it's Zelda" mandate, to "What the hell did they do to Princess Zelda?!!"

similary I've played Animal Forest, no doubting it's inspired, no doubting it looks like an N64 game, which just doesn't cut it anymore

Well, I admit i chose the words I used badly. However, tho gfx may be important I set gameplay and controls much, much higher. I know some people saying they don't wanna play FF7 now, cause it has so bad gfx. I don't really get their point, I guess it's because I don't jugde that hard.
That doesn't mean that I don't like games with good graphics though, I do! :D
About Zelda, I am uncertain about the cel-shading part to, but I guess my "trust" in zelda as you spoke of, is much bigger than the distrust to the cel-shading. Everyone has their own opinion though, and I must add that they've totally messed up Princess Zeldas look indeed...
As for me coming with that comment at all, it's just that it happens very often that people dislike a game because of something, and when they finally get the chance to play it they love it and forgets all about their previous grudges.

Last edited:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
The reason I see nintendo dropping down to segas level is because with the exception of the GBA, their hardware realy holds no ground compared to the other consoles. The primary interest that most people have in nintendo is their game copyrights, not their hardware. (come to think of it, I don't even know anybody who owns a gamecube)

As mentioned by the article, the GC third party releases realy suck balls compared to the competitions consoles. Sega had the same problem with the dreamcast, the scuffle with EA was just an example of this, Nintendo does similar things to their third party contractors. Multiplatform games will never be as good on the gamecube as they will be on xbox, and in many cases, ps2.

Nintendo can function very well as a software only company, and they can probably continue the GBA as well.

ra5555

N64 Newbie
Gamecube will live on because Microsoft will surely be gone some day right?

GX
AB
MO
EX
CM
UU
BS
ET
4D
EI
VE
E
R
N
E
V
E
R
N
E
V
E
R
:):n64:

blizz

Gorxon said:
Well, I admit i chose the words I used badly. However, tho gfx may be important I set gameplay and controls much, much higher. I know some people saying they don't wanna play FF7 now, cause it has so bad gfx. I don't really get their point, I guess it's because I don't jugde that hard.

they go hand in hand really, and the graphics have to work with the gameplay, it’s like Alundra, man that game worked really well, games like that in 3D just haven’t been able to work as well.

Gorxon said:
very often that people dislike a game because of something, and when they finally get the chance to play it they love it and forgets all about their previous grudges.

Like many people with Animal Crossing

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
ra5555 said:

GX
AB
MO
EX
CM
UU
BS
ET
4D
EI
VE
E
R
N
E
V
E
R
N
E
V
E
R
OK, this is really starting to get on my nerves. You did this vertical caps typing at least a few times in the past, so cut it out.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
im not surprised that the xbox is killing the cube. look at the package, u get 2 games that are pretty good (not amazing) for £170 and no need to get a memory card, whereas the cube is like the same price with just one game. plus shitty places like dixons that are usually rip-offs, are doing really worthwhile bundles, like sega gt, jsf, halo and splinter cell for £200. if i was a parent, or a kid on a slight budget, i would definitely go for the xbox. plus the dvd factor really pushes it over the edge of the cube. the cube maybe a more quality system in terms of games on offer, but like the dreamcast, its not a commercial success, theres not enuff advertising, not enuff marketing, etc.

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
hmmm.. interesting just before the holidays "they" said how the xbox wasn't doing so well... now turn around and its the cube that isn't doing so well.... oy first nintendo sells rare and now this >_< :cry: ... at this rate nintendo will go the same route as sega <_< >_<

blizz

who here has saw the large number of SMS posters in phone boxes everywhere?

stupid use of advertising for the wrong game, they should have used that for Eternal Darkness, should have used the ED logo with the stones in the blue light, imo, it's an indication of how much SMS failed to do the numbers that Nintendo hoped thought it still did decent numbers

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Gorxon said:
Blizz: you havent even played Zelda yet...it's just stupid to bash a game you haven't played no matter how "bad" the gfx may look to you...

I see my boy is learning. Good call, blizz. :)

blizz

Jaz said:
I see my boy is learning. Good call, blizz. :)

dude you should have read my reply ;)

where did I bash it? the cel shading would fit better on Animal Forest no question about it,

it's become L33T to say "Don't bash it until you've played it." and personally that's just utter bollocks, you have to look at a game when you play it, so of course visuals come into it, if I'm going to play a game I'd better enjoy watching it in motion and the controls (which is why DMC is sitting at the bottom of my pile doing fuck all), and personally from what I've seen of Zelda: TWW I'm in two minds, some parts look brilliant but some of them are fucking stupid, it's called inconsistent and Zelda is showing it in the eye candy part, it's got the tweaked controls from TOOT so I've got a pretty fucking good idea of the basic gameplay right there, that's why I've revised my "Zelda will be good because it's Zelda" mandate, to "What the hell did they do to Princess Zelda?!!"

similary I've played Animal Forest, no doubting it's inspired, no doubting it looks like an N64 game, which just doesn't cut it anymore

Gorxon

Administrator
To add some fuel to the fire (or perhaps water??):

Nintendo said Tuesday it sold 1.5 million GameCube units in Europe last year, holding off rival Microsoft for second place in the hotly contested video game console market.
The company also said that it sold 3 million of its Game Boy Advance handheld players in Europe in 2002 and that a new model aimed at older players will be introduced this spring.

With the sales update, Nintendo maintained its slim hold on the No. 2 position in game consoles in Europe, well behind Sony's PlayStation 2 but just ahead of Microsoft's Xbox.

Source: http://news.com.com/2100-1040-979443.html

Hmm, who said it was doing bad (in the uk) again?? :-"

Last edited:

JevilKnevil

You know before i read this thread i was on the brink of buying a new console (as i don't own any at the moment). My choices went from PS2 to XBox and then to GC but now i think i'm gonna stick to my old PC and play Warcraft and CS till I die. :baaa:

nycbeatatl

Lives in ATL, longs for NYC.
The PS2 may be selling far better than the GC, but it will take more than that to get Nintendo out of hardware, (it won't happen). :D

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
sytaylor said:
oh my GOD! we buy more games than the rest of europe put together!!

Of course we don't play games.

We haven't got time.

We are far too busy, having afternoon tea, controlling the Queens empire, and discovering new ways to get Americans to find us "quaint". When we're not too busy doing all this, we spend our remaining few minutes trying to fathom out why the baseball "WORLD" series, only has one country allowed to enter.

(In London of course, they're too busy, perfecting their 'cockney' accents, by watching 'Dick Van dyke' in Mary Poppins). ;)

How quaint. :)

P.S I've just had a quick mental count and know 9 people with PS2s 3 with X-box, and one with a GameCube (but he buys every console regardless of its quality anyway).

Jaz

Ex-Mod
DeadRabbit said:
(In London of course, they're too busy, perfecting their 'cockney' accents, by watching 'Dick Van dyke' in Mary Poppins).

/me stares at blizz. ^_^

blizz

in wales of course they're too busy shagging sheep

/me points at Jaz ^_^

edit: btw Jaz shouldn't this thread be moved to the gaming forum? or even since it's waaaaaaaay off topic right now it should go to the way off topic forum

Last edited:

Jaz

Ex-Mod
blizz said:
in wales of course they're too busy shagging sheep

* blizz points at Jaz ^_^

edit: btw Jaz shouldn't this thread be moved to the gaming forum? or even since it's waaaaaaaay off topic right now it should go to the way off topic forum

*rotflol* No need to get bitchy now. ;)

OP
Grant64

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
OK Lads lets not get off topic!!! The thing I find the most bewildering is how crap the PS2 is - The graphics are poor and since getting one the only game I have played is vice city, VF4 and GT3. However the cube has lots of first rate games like Star Fox - Mario - Monkey Ball - Resident Evil and yet people say it is aimed at kiddies!!!!