What's new

Cube SALES DYing

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
blizz said:
in wales of course they're too busy shagging sheep

* blizz points at Jaz ^_^

edit: btw Jaz shouldn't this thread be moved to the gaming forum? or even since it's waaaaaaaay off topic right now it should go to the way off topic forum

lol,

Oh shit, I've just realised, I shouldn't be laughing,

I've gotta eat that thing after you've finished with it.

I hope you wear a condom, the idea of having my sunday roast with a Jaz sauce I could do without :happy:

apexad

One good way to keep it here would be o get it back on topic. and it is not directly talking about games, but systems rather, so here it shall stay.

Anyway, from what I understand, Sony will be releasing a newer PS2 which will be much like PS1 (PSOne, the second release of Playstation). Nintendo releasing a slightly different Gameboy Advance, and possibly an even more portable version of the Gamecube. As for Microsoft, a newer smaller version of the Xbox (XBox2, it is generally assumed that the next xbox, will be called XBoxNext, or XBoxN).

Thus my point is if any or all of that does actually happen, it will effect sales alot.
Also realize that MS just bought rareware. so if starfox is good, like it always has beem, something just as good is bound to come out for xbox. Also remember that PS2 officially runs Linux, why the hell is this not advertised more?Gamecube is totally not hackable yet, and while that should not have to do with anything, in todays world it does. Lastly, Nintendo owns the portable market, end of story.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
blizz said:
in wales of course they're too busy shagging sheep

You do realise that there are way more sheep in New Zealand than in Wales, right?

And I'd rather shag a sheep than the Queen. ;)

Plisco

Sevillian
Anyway, from what I understand, Sony will be releasing a newer PS2 which will be much like PS1

Maybe.....in 2008. it is far to expensive to make the ps2 portabile at the moment

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Grant64 said:
However the cube has lots of first rate games like Star Fox - Mario - Monkey Ball - Resident Evil and yet people say it is aimed at kiddies!!!!

Only one of those games you mentioned isn't aimed at kiddies.

Cless

i got xbox for xmas. returned it got a gc. Been happy since then.
Why would i return it? xbox has 3 games i want the gc has a lot more. Why do the bs2? easy my first broke my psx broke and most of my friends that thier bs2's break. Even sales for the gc go down nintendo isn't a going to back down at the first sign of trouble like sega did.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
delita said:
nintendo isn't a going to back down at the first sign of trouble like sega did.

Um, to be fair, Sega hardly backed down at the first sign of trouble. The Saturn was an absolute disaster and probably lost them millions. But they still had the guts to release the Dreamcast, despite the now-tarnished Sega brand, and almost pulled it off. And they would of pulled it off if the world wasn't filled with ignorant gamers who wouldn't touch anything made by Sega, despite the fact the Dreamcast was the mutts nuts. >_<

blizz

Jaz said:
Um, to be fair, Sega hardly backed down at the first sign of trouble. The Saturn was an absolute disaster and probably lost them millions. But they still had the guts to release the Dreamcast, despite the now-tarnished Sega brand, and almost pulled it off. And they would of pulled it off if the world wasn't filled with ignorant gamers who wouldn't touch anything made by Sega, despite the fact the Dreamcast was the mutts nuts. >_<

you forget to say

"The Dreamcast was the mutts nuts. AMEN!!"

carry on

OP
Grant64

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
1. Yes the Dreamcast ruled!!!

2. How can u say nintendo games are for kiddies - iT may have animated graphics but starfox and mario are not Kiddies games!!!

Plisco

Sevillian
They blame it on lowering demand for video games...I disagree with that, and I don't think sony would agree either.
whats wrong is nintendos marketing campaign. They are still seen as a kiddy company by the older generation and as such are not selling as many consoles compared to the Ps2. IMO

Jaz

Ex-Mod
At the end of the day, the PS2 has far more appeal to the twentysomthing gamer than the GC.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
I went down to frys electronics to buy some parts for a jtag interface, had a "sold out" sign on xbox, still had plenty of cubes left though.

flow``

flow``
i really can't say i'm that big on consoles (pc > * :p), but just from watching the few hours of TV i do, the ps2 and xbox have a much better marketing campaign (at least in the us) then nintendo does.. nintendo's commercials have that japanese guy and it shows off a few seconds of the game. the metroid one is metroid and it's really not that great?. the ps2 has great game marketing and even the dumbest games have great commercials (like the game where he turns the guy into a chicken and it goes on about all the weapons and stuff). i just like to think that nintendo's marketing is really sucking and exploiting 1-2 good GC games. they should really just show off the system and clips of different games to show people they have an actual variety besides "zelda 10 1/2. mario 6, starfox 4" etc..

just my 2¢

flow``

flow``
Q: What are your overseas strategies?

Iwata: We want to sell hardware and software products in China within a year or two. Due to piracy problems, we are studying several marketing methods, such as selling machines several generations old, rather than the latest models.

lol.. piracy? last time i checked you couldnt download a gc game, nor was it even possible to rip a game. xbox/ps2 games are being pirated by the thousands. his whole answer is so stupid..