What's new

Chanka0.2 bugs post here

Heinster

Well a bug that I keep having and only with this emu..... My joypad keeps resetting from analog to digital :S(psx joypad with converter).....

botijoman

Bacardi Lover
TheFreeman said:
Pros so far:
- SHENMUE hangs when you open the 3rd drawer on your desk, which has the picture of Ryo, and a bunch of friends.

I have played through Shenmue until when looking for Charlie and I haven't experienced any crashes, and I've picked up that picture. Enabling ZWrite improves graphics level a lot.

See ya.

mezkal

Man on a mission
ArcaneLore said:
Well, you're RAM is going to screw you over. You're video card probably isn't that great either if you only have 128MB RAM. Powerstone is VERY system intensive, so I doubt that you'll ever be able to play the game.

ArcaneLore, please don't offended, but you're spouting crap (or speaking shit -whichever you understand first). The DC has a TOTAL of 16MB VRAM. This is divided by 4, as each accessable block is 4MB at atime. Powerstone is NOT "VERY system intensive" (it was a first generation DC title after all) as you put it - on a modern PC emulating the DC. There are a host of other reasons why it may fail on Chankast that have entirely very little to do with GFX card ram, not the least of which its EMULATION which is far from perfect in general. Add to that the fact that Chankast in Alpha and you are lucky to have consistent results at all.

The point of this post is not to insult you but to inform others and to prevent the spreading of misinformation.

Cheers,

Mezkal

insane_cobra

um, i think M.H.A.Q.S. has 128MB of system ram, not video ram so ArcaneLore was probably refering to that..

btw, M.H.A.Q.S., your system does not comply to minimum system requirements for chankast, read the faq.

morphus56k

Kaillera Representer
M.H.A.Q.S. said
"Man!

First i tried Chanka 0.1, it crashed right after i pressed init.So i kept waiting for 0.2.

Now the bios boots up fine, but when i try to start a game i.e. Power Stone (all i have) , the emu crashes.

I have a P4 128MB RAM. I don't have a 3D accelerator, and i think i have DirectX 9 and not 9b.

help!!!!"

I have this same problem too.
Im on windows xp home edition,P4 1.5ghz,318mb of SDram,Nvidia RIVA TnT model 64(32mb).
the first version it crashed, the second one it boots the bios and and stuff but when i try to load a game it crash's

TheFreeman

Guardian of Destiny
Well, I noticed something weird (or not so weird), if you run SOUL CALIBUR from an actual CD, the framerate drops considerably, no matter how you over or underclock the SH4. When playing SC from an IMAGE mounted on a virtual drive (latest daemon-tools for me), I get 45/50 fps, while from the CD I get 29/40 fps.

Anyone else has found this?

knowitman

Soul Caliber looks like a game that is constantly reading from the CD. That could be why. It lags because it is waiting for data from the CD. PSX emulators do this also usually.

- SHENMUE hangs when you open the 3rd drawer on your desk, which has the picture of Ryo, and a bunch of friends.

I noticed it kinda froze for a couple seconds, but then it keeps playing normally.

I have noticed that sometimes the sound gets choppy if I will look at a another program such as MSN or Mozilla. It will stay choppy like it is lagging even though it is going full speed in Shenmue.

Sonic Adventure just stops playing after you get on the train to go to the mystic ruins. It will go black and then not do anything.

Last edited:

ArcaneLore

Sonic Adventure works fine after you get on the train. Maybe you need to turn Zwrite on.

The point that I miserably failed to make was that if he has 128MB ram, and no video card is given, it is pretty obvious that the video card is crap. Anyone with a card capable of playing DC games wouldn't have 128MB of RAM, it would just be a ridiculous bottleneck. Pretty much all emulators require much more RAM and Video memory than the machines that they emulate due to the optimization of the machine, and the memory needed to run Windows (linux?), and other background applications, like networking programs.

Last edited:

mezkal

Man on a mission
ArcaneLore said:
Sonic Adventure works fine after you get on the train. Maybe you need to turn Zwrite on.

The point that I miserably failed to make was that if he has 128MB ram, and no video card is given, it is pretty obvious that the video card is crap. Anyone with a card capable of playing DC games wouldn't have 128MB of RAM, it would just be a ridiculous bottleneck. Pretty much all emulators require much more RAM and Video memory than the machines that they emulate due to the optimization of the machine, and the memory needed to run Windows (linux?), and other background applications, like networking programs.

Point taken ArcadeLore....I take my comments back. I think the sentence structure of the quoted piece made it too easy to take out of context :p

Oh well.

Cheers,

r3v3rb

Well. I have a 64mb GF3 and a System with only 256mb of RAM and most DC games run very well. Only real slow down I have noticed was in Shenmue during the introduction movie where the scene is outside the house and you are looking throught the trees, very graphics intensive.

Apart from that, the other 80 odd games I have tested and of those which work, most have been thoroughly enjoyable to play. SA works without hitch and is as smooth as silk. Powerstone 2 was fluid to say the least. Surf Rocket Racer also suffered some bad framerates though.

I will be testing the other 70 games 2nite/2moro to see how well they play too, and then sending in my compatibility list to be added to the main one. :)

Gerico

what the hell it`s "IO CONTROL error" :alien2:

Playing RE.CV firts io control error and crash the game.

SO: win xp pro
CPU: 2500xp
RAM: 512DDR

--------------------------
if you can understand me correct me please

Last edited:

M.H.A.Q.S.

OK guys!

Some chill time for those who are getting the error, same as me.

For those who don't know, the prorblem is : When you start chanka, the bios loads up fine but when you try to start a game or something, the emu crashes.

The solution is:

Update your drivers, video drivers that is. Also, DirectX 9b is essential. Nothing else except RAM matters.

Thanks for the help guys.
I also want to bring it in the emu authors notice. Please incluse this in your official FAQ and NGEmu's help.

Bazil

Sonic Adventure 2 transparencies are now broken unlike in 0.1, though in-game menus now work perfectly. Vertex errors still present :p
chankastgfxscrewed1.JPG

chankastgfxscrewed2.JPG

wonderxwlw

Zenpuken said:
First off the authors of this emu are godly! :homestar: :homestar:
Anyway post up any errors about games u have on here

Marvel vs Capcom 2: Keyboard button 'D' seems to be preset to the L trigger no matter what button you put to it. So like whenever I duck my assist 2 comes out :bouncy:

That's all i got lol

Edit: seems like button 'C' on the keyboard is also preset to L-trigger :phone:

capcom vs snk 2 seems having the same problem

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
hmmm I am still getting a IOError with shenmue! When I use the CD it is just after the intro. When I try to use an image it crashes straight away. I have daemon tools 3.29 and it fixed the prob with Code Veronica and Daytona USA!
Gonna update to DX9b but any other ideas as to why it still happens with shenmue?

BlackNinja

fix crazy taxi 2 cars invisible :D
ps:im play and take rank 7 next stage is special(insivible screen appers and glits error dont see nothing) fix bug sound in game too :D
other problems games have echelon screen not run this is bug ?

Last edited:

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
I think people are having a problem distinguishing between a bug and a game not working ;) games have graphical errors or dont work due to incomplete emulation, they are NOT bugs. bugs are the ones that cause the emu to crash, be it at the start or in the middle of a game.

n for those saying the emu crashes when they have a Riva TNT 2 board, im not suprised, the system requirements say

ATI Radeon or Nvidia GeForce video card

meaning crap like the TNT 2 wount work, if you want the emu to work, splash out about $50 on a low end Geforce or Radeon.

morti

Resident Evil codename veronica:

Apart from the framebuffer distortion effects not working (i navigated that short part by game map- so not that bad) the emu just crashes after entering the weapon trainings complex when the first boss mob arrives (big worm).

Verified by a lot of users on several dc boards.So its not my Pc.No way of getting beyond that point as of now.