What's new

Chanka0.2 bugs post here

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
Talas said:
I just tried Tony Hawk 2. And with 0.02 Alpha there are more graphic glitches than with 0.01. I´ll try to post shots tomorrow.

Did you try turning on one or both ZWrite options? They help with problems in Jeg Grind Radio and Shenmue.

sdlhm520

7.png

9.png

11.png

13.png

TheFreeman

Guardian of Destiny
Pros so far:
- SHENMUE PLAYABLE, and at FULL SPEED!!! yay :bouncy:
- No more RANDOM crashes!!!

Cons so far:

- SOUL CALIBUR VS screens, and graphic glitches that were present on 0.1, are still present on 0.2. If you wanna know if you get these errors, please check in this thread:
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?p=207782#post207782

- SOUL CALIBUR speed decreased/slower

- SOUL CALIBUR controller: They are totally messed up, I tried re setting them, in-game, and on the controller setup in CHANKAST. No use, you cannot make them work, they are mixed up.

- SHENMUE music, at some instances, loops at the begining, and keeps you from hearing the full soundtrack (i.e= when you play "SHENMUE" or "SHA HUA" cassettes on the cassette player, or the intro SHANG HUA movie)

- SHENMUE hangs when you open the 3rd drawer on your desk, which has the picture of Ryo, and a bunch of friends.

I havent tried every game yet, I will update this when tried them all.

Last edited:

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
TheFreeman said:
SOUL CALIBUR controller: They are totally messed up, I tried re setting them, in-game, and on the controller setup in CHANKAST. No use, you cannot make them work, they are mixed up.

My controller works great with Soul Calibur... o_O

Logitech Wingman Rumblepad.

yop83

Bios settings...

To all of you who had troubles getting Chankast to save your Bios settings:

Just be sure to DISABLE the "read-only" attribute in the files' properties [accessible with a right-click on the file and choosing "properties" in the pop-up menu]...

It's a easy solution and for me, at least it worked perfectly...
I did not try the pal switching, so it might also work...

*edit*: it seems it didn't work after all: whenever I try to start a game, the dreamcast will still ask me to set the date..
--Yop83

Last edited:

Alfa

GameFan
- Sonic Adventure has some layer priority errors.

- Capcom Vs SNK Pro. has layer priority errors in the train stage.

- Resident Evil Code Veronica sometimes when you call the inventory window, the items aren't displayed.

- Soul Calibur the Vs screens.

- Guilty Gear X is slow.

To be an Alpha version, Chankast rocks...

Last edited:

OzTm

To see the inventory items in RECV just enable ZWrite. It still hasn't crashed for me (this time I've played for about an hour), but there are random texture glitches. It was funny to see a door made out of bricks :)

insane_cobra

i'm having controller problems with ikaruga and v0.2a. right and down buttons got swapped so when i press down, it goes right and vice versa. same thing with analog sticks. in 0.2 it worked fine though in 0.1 i couldn't make it to work at all (just moving, shooting worked fine). i'm using smartbox FT-691 controllers.

Machiney

aufs Maul?
i have a stupid error when i want to start my game

chankabug1.bmp

sorry its in german :whistling, and my english is not perfect but i guess this means that chanka couldnt read the disk.

my comp:
1,9ghz p4, winxp, 256 mb
geforce2 64mb

maybe someone can help me plz :(

mezkal

Man on a mission
Machiney said:
i have a stupid error when i want to start my game

chankabug1.bmp

sorry its in german :whistling, and my english is not perfect but i guess this means that chanka couldnt read the disk.

my comp:
1,9ghz p4, winxp, 256 mb
geforce2 64mb

maybe someone can help me plz :(

Actually that error refers to a partion RAM that Chankast had been allocated as being misread. It would be more likely that your DIMMs may be faulty or running out of spec (ie Overclocked). You might want to test your ram for any read/write errors using test tools like SiSoft Sandra and the like. There are a specific RAM testing tools around too but I can't remember any offhand. Try Google too. :)

Peace,

Mezkal

Machiney

aufs Maul?
thx i'll search around the inet :D

edit:
man thats too complicated for me :/
it would be nice, if we can meet on icq/msn, so you can explain me what to do, ok? :D

Last edited:

Evrain

The Forbidden One
I did some testing with the (few) backups I obtained, and in fact seems that the new GFX core has various pros and cons... First of all, the 2 new video features solve various layering problems, but while testing Psyvariar 2 I noticed that Chankast doesn't clear the middle layers after a dissolvance effect: when you battle level 2 boss, the rectangular shaped box that fades in at the start of the level acts like a mast on the rd graphic layer, thus not letting you see the boss itself. Also, various other layers are not displayed, such chara select screen or continue screen.
Instead, Ikaruga and Border Down pretty much require both new features to be enable to obtain a better graphical result.
Evrain

M.H.A.Q.S.

Man!

First i tried Chanka 0.1, it crashed right after i pressed init.So i kept waiting for 0.2.

Now the bios boots up fine, but when i try to start a game i.e. Power Stone (all i have) :(, the emu crashes.

I have a P4 128MB RAM. I don't have a 3D accelerator, and i think i have DirectX 9 and not 9b.

help!!!!

neopb19

Ecco The Dolphin : Graphic glitches....

<b>Ecco the Dolphin</b> has big graphic glitches ingame ... Nearest enviroment is beatiful but far i didn't see anything.

It's so great game... maybe in 0.3 it will be fully plyable...? :D

Here is the pic - with graphic glitches when I want to see far enviroment, and without graphic problems whan I'm near the rocks ;)

ArcaneLore

Well, you're RAM is going to screw you over. You're video card probably isn't that great either if you only have 128MB RAM. Powerstone is VERY system intensive, so I doubt that you'll ever be able to play the game.

Heinster

Chanka 0.2a gives some graphic errors in the characters that are not seen in 0.2... Using zwrite does fix the bug but strange that at first there was no need of using zwrite....

Last edited:

Heinster

ArcaneLore said:
Well, you're RAM is going to screw you over. You're video card probably isn't that great either if you only have 128MB RAM. Powerstone is VERY system intensive, so I doubt that you'll ever be able to play the game.

What do you mean with only 128MB.... You can play ANY game now on the market with a ATI9800 or NVIDIA5900 with "only" 128 MB.... Video memory is overated... TRy a 9600with 256MB or an 9600XT with "only"128 mb... The XT version will blow that 256mb version out of the water...

As far as I know only 3 games REALLY show SOME difference in performance with a higher then 128MB ammount of video memory.... And that's only because those few cards are already topnotch...

World Cup

jaregs said:
No its not a bug some Pc the emulation speed goes faster if you decrease the Cpu rate and in some Pc the speed increases when you increase the Cpu

READ THE CHANKA MANUAL
ya i read that, below is what it says
" + Overclock the SH4
- Undercolock the SH4
The clock speed ranges from 50% up to any value you can imagine. If you have a slow PC, you might gain some speed if you underclock the CPU slightly. Faster PCs can get more FPS than the actual dreamcast by increasing the clock rate - useful by getting past slowdowns or other stuff."

I can tell you my PC config is AMD XP 3200+, RADEON 9700, 512MB DDR400 RAM

I dont't think it is slow, isn't it? :p