What's new

Chanka0.2 bugs post here

OzTm

tonic said:
Code Veronica plays great (sometimes it speeds up too fast!) but on random occasions:

sound cuts out
skips FMV scene (and goes back to game)
pausing game takes a while to unpause (have to randomly press all buttons)
random crashes like in chanka 0.1

MvsC2 seems to run a little slower but all those nasty graphics have been cleaned up, but no random crashes!

My system specs:

AMD Athlon 3000+ Barton
Leadtek Winfast K7NCR18D Pro II Motherboard
nVIDIA Geforce FX 5600XT (256MB)
512 DDR SDRAM

Hope this helps people out.

PS

People, please remember this is a emulator in alpha stages: don't be pissed off if it doesn't work: it's not finished yet and has barley even started!

I didn't get any random crashes, and I have played for like 15 minutes or so. Not a single crash. I'll play some more and if I find anything I'll post it. By now it works great. The GFX bugs (guard's hands, Claire's ponytail, etc) have been fixed when using AlphaTest ZWrite. Only thing I've noticed so far is that the floor texture is corrupted on some areas in the room where the truck crashed into the wall (cutscene with the guy shooting at you).

Phreaky

Phreaky Shat
- Powerstone KO Sound Effect goes into an infinite loop until level is restarted/next level, as does the Snow Surfers annoucer and a few other background effects (Im guessing they're all related)

- A few games cant seem to see the memory card (for me personally, Jet Grind Radio, Rayman 2, cant remember the rest)

- Most of those Echelon loaders/banners/trainers at the start of the game cause it to crash when start is hit to boot the game (No idea whether this is an emulator bug or a bug in the actual Echelon banner/loader code)

- Strange overlay/transparency bug is some games, i.e in Jet Grind Radio sometimes you can see the grind rail through Beat's body, and sometimes his body spontanteously turns black (possibly because you can see through to the other side of the texture?). However, this is no-way near as bad as it was in the 0.1 versions, 0.2 is much better :)

Fantastic work so far, ill post more when I find em'

P~

Drunkard

I have found that the reset time date bug with ntsc bios is still there, it goes once swapped to pal, then back again, for some reason but that was present in 0.1

Geforce cards still cant play titles such as sonic adventure 2

Dave Mirra bmx still has no sound, grphics have got worse with invisibility/black flickering on and off

Tony hawks 2 Pro Skater similar to above

Ready 2 Rumble boxing, graphics are now very nearly perfect, but no sound, also the l+r triggers will not work in this game, maybe due to them needing to be analogue, and not digital?

Jet Set Grind now works better, but some controls do not work for complex graffiti spraying, graphicxs+sound are spot on though
best with both zwrite options on

Tennis 2k2, with echelon intro, now gets after the echelon intro, seems to repeat itself twice then freezes up the emu

Spawn now plays but seemed to crash whilst fighting the boss

Thnx
Drunkard

Last edited:

distur

Hi! (sorry for my english i'm french)

Ikaruga works really good,
but in the level 2,
i can't see attacks from box who are around me,

I've download a video of dreamcast playin and we can see this small balls

Ive chankast 0.2alpha,
Ge-force 5900xt
2500+ amd
a7n8x-e deluxe
512DDR

who can help me?
because i cant see this, im bloked in this level because i die everytime

here the link of my screen:
ikabug2.jpg

The really problem is just after this passage

here you can find a video (not from me) of level 2 without bugs:
http://kamaji2.free.fr/RS2_Ikaruga_...6 .000.000.zip

thanks a lot for help me

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
Phreaky said:
- Powerstone KO Sound Effect goes into an infinite loop until level is restarted/next level, as does the Snow Surfers annoucer and a few other background effects (Im guessing they're all related)

- A few games cant seem to see the memory card (for me personally, Jet Grind Radio, Rayman 2, cant remember the rest)

- Most of those Echelon loaders/banners/trainers at the start of the game cause it to crash when start is hit to boot the game (No idea whether this is an emulator bug or a bug in the actual Echelon banner/loader code)

- Strange overlay/transparency bug is some games, i.e in Jet Grind Radio sometimes you can see the grind rail through Beat's body, and sometimes his body spontanteously turns black (possibly because you can see through to the other side of the texture?). However, this is no-way near as bad as it was in the 0.1 versions, 0.2 is much better :)

Fantastic work so far, ill post more when I find em'

P~

Jet Grind Radio: Turning on bot ZWrite options takes away all the transparency and black texture problems for me.

Powerstone looping sound bug: You don't have to wait until the next level, you can just pause the game and resume it at the start of the round and it will go away.

Echelon banners: I think it's just a problem with the logos/banners/trainers being stupid piles of crap. I wish they wouldn't do stupid stuff like that, pisses me off.

s250

Cable Type bugs...
I just tried use NTSC mode,and can't change back to VGA mode,move mouse cursor over the VGA but it's unclickable....

Phreaky

Phreaky Shat
ray16 said:
Jet Grind Radio: Turning on bot ZWrite options takes away all the transparency and black texture problems for me.

Powerstone looping sound bug: You don't have to wait until the next level, you can just pause the game and resume it at the start of the round and it will go away.

Echelon banners: I think it's just a problem with the logos/banners/trainers being stupid piles of crap. I wish they wouldn't do stupid stuff like that, pisses me off.

Thanks for that, didnt see that ZWrite option in the menus, will give it a go.

As for the Powerstone bug, i'd prefer for it to be fixed instead of pause/unpausing, trips my concentration up, but thanks for the heads up.

I tried removing one Echelon banner from the .bin file inside the cdi but ended destroying a perfectly good game into a mess of 1's and 0's, so I think ill have to survive until its fixed, lol.

Back to gaming..

P~

EDIT: Just out of interest, is there anyway to make a d-pad on a sidewinder (or any) joypad work like the analogue stick? I cant completed the training bit on JGR :(

Last edited:

distur

nobody can answer me?
i'm very sad

I ve winxp pro,
i just do the update for my graphic card (G-force 5900xt)
but the bug persists

i can past this level
someone can make that?

plz help me

MasterGamerM

Date

When I try to boot any game, it goes to the date screen (where you set the date), then after i hit ok, it goes to it again, then after i hit ok again, it then goes to the DC main menu. What is wrong?

Drunkard

mastergamer, switch to pal bios overwriting the other 2 bios files, then switch back again, that seems to cure it, I find it only happens with the NTSC BIOS

hazard

Sonic Adventure 2 still crashes in the Hero 1st level. Can I change options to get this to work?

Sultan

The Reset feature only worked in about 1 in 5 games I tried. Locked up chankast the rest of the time.
SNK games (tried lastblade fe and kof evolution) are playing 1/4 resolution.

Sultan

LOL Zwrite and alpha Zwrite do some fun things. They make Shenmue II work great, fix some layering problems if you turn both on. But check out what the bios looks like with both on :)

ArcaneLore

I have some sound problems with Shenmue. The cassette player has full energy, yet when I hit "A" or "Y" on the cassette of my choice, "Shenmue" or "Sha Hua"(sp?), a beep is played, not the music. It's an ingame beep, too, not a system error beep.