What's new

Chanka Compatability List

Crizzle

Yeah the VIA/SG3 UniChrome IGP is a 64mb on board graphics solution. Not you best bet for Chankast. Are you able to play other games and its just MVC2 thats a problem? The rest of your system is decent so maybe you could look into upgrading and getting a dedicated video card because your video hardware does seem to be what is causing all the funky colours and crashes.

Stadsport

Space Channel 5 Part 2 (JP) works, but runs very slow. Like the first version (and on the real dreamcast), timing still sucks.

slim_fede

SlimFede
Hi, I'm new in this forum.
I just wanted to say that I have a real Dreamcast, so if you want me to test something for you, just ask me.
I don't have any experience with programming, but I'd really like to help in something.

Landovers

timeless gamer
Ikaruga:
Those 2 bars are supposed to be there, as it's a vertical shooter they verticalized the screen. Just check the original game videos at Gamespot.
There's a bug in a section of the second stage where you can't see some of the bullets, but I managed through that part without dying after some training (stick close to the sides and you'll know better when to switch colors).
The game slows down sometimes.

slim_fede

SlimFede
Jet Grind Radio :
Works, and it's playable. Minor graphic bugs.
I have to get the cpu to 80%, not sure if you guys have to do the same.
The game may not work properly with a keyboard ( Big graffiti ), but it does with an analog controller.
Plus, if you work around the analog speed with Darkman's input plugin you maybe can get past this problem.
Slowsdown sometimes, maybe because of my cpu ?

enix-sama

Yea, Jet Grind Radio works almost perfectly. It does have some graphics bugs, but I think thats because of the celshading, sometimes the model goes completly black, and FPS drops to 10.

novacane

I haven't scrolled through all of what people have said, but I noticed that alot had troubles with DOA2. I've got a version that's on the same disc as powerstone 2 and it works just fine.

vhrc99

Super Street Fighter 2X (J): works with minor background glitches
Battle Beaster (J): works, game in japanese
Asian Girls vol1: works ok
Milk: doesn´t work, chankast doesn't respond
Power Jet Racing 2001(J): Work but some graphic glitches

Last edited:

KanehGanja

Jet Grind Radio

yea about Jet Grind Radio, for the graffiti, if you dont have a controller, you HAVE to get .. Darkman dinput40bb. this will allow you to use your mouse to do graffiti. and also for games like house of the dead 2 and ect...

vhrc99

Shenmue_Fan said:
Which Resident Evil cann i play with Chankast??
Will Shenmue work on it??

thx for answers!

Shenmue:Works almost perfectly, use zwrite and alpha test zwrite, NOTE: The arcade games close the emulator, black screen when you save mark from the mad angels in disc 3 (thx micielk)
Shenmue 2 (E):Works, slow,sfx is not completely emulated (thx AbracadabrA)

Resident Evil Code Veronica (U): Works full speed with nearly no graphics errors (only inventory icons), Enable "Use ZWrite" and "Use AlphaTest ZWrite" to make the items visible, sound seems to die at random times, restart emu to fix, may die at random times on cd 2Pic (http://www.emutalk.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=16064&stc=1)
Resident Evil Code Veronica (S):See above

Bopig

Old School Gamin'
I just tested a game that no one else has it seems.

Bangai-O

Screen is very small and can't be changed it seems.
Game doesn't boot past title screen.
Can't see where cursor is.

In other words, BLAH. :plain:

Pavlik

Radilgy [J] runs pretty well on chankast 0.25. The only bug is found is no borders on chankast. Borders are invicible/transparent when playing game / visible on menu.

Please add it to compatibility list.

Last edited:

Neat_Hedgehog

The last I had heard of re-volt was that it got past the logo screens and then froze/crashed. (yes, I searched these forums and many others while I was at it) Well, I tested it out today and got something that was at least kind of different.

It may look as though it's frozen after the logos, but it's actually still running with no sound or graphics. If you press the start/A button enough you will get to a track and a perfectly rendered loading screen will appear.
my.php

Unfortunatly, after that, this is what you get:
my.php

I tried a few things (disabling textures and such) and at one time got the menus to be there even though they lacked text. I think it was some combination of disabling textures and something else, but I can't get it to work again.