What's new

Chanka Compatability List

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
raksmey1309 said:
How well can DreamCast emulator handle games?
Depends on the game. Some games run full speed with flawless graphics, others are a bit slower than they should be, but still run perfectly. Meanwhile, other have bug that either make them crash or have graphics glitches.;) All in all, a really good emu.

Pavlik

Yes it has 2 stages and 8 lvs more than normal version. It was sell by Sega direct and relased only in jap region.

Metalslug

For me, you are very lucky, man :D look in the other sonic 2 adventures' nvidia problem where you posted what i see with my nvidia 5200 :D and what i have to do for play a bit...

mopral

Banned
slt je recherche un bios pour dreamcast
le dc-bios exactement si quelqu'un la où c'est ou on peu le telecharger merci d'avence de me le faire savoir

Trotterwatch

I may not know much French, but I do know you just broke 2 rules:

Using a language other than English
Asking for a Bios

What a fecking eijit.

GD666

WORKING GAMES ON MY PC:
-Soul Calibur =fast; but sometimes slows down.... strangely accelerates with CPU speed at 50:huh: .
-Mr Driller = full speed/no music
-rivals schools 2: projectjustice = full speed minor gliches on some characters
-skies of arcadia-pached = full speed still stops the emu after saving:ranting:
-Records of the lodoss War = runs fast hangs after killing first zombie after tutorial and glitchy
-capcom vs snk 2 = full speed no problem
-marvel vs capcom 2 = full speed no problem
-street fighter alpha 3 = full speed no problem
-tokyo bus guide = no problem full speed keep your jap books with you (I do not understand that game)
-gaia master kessen = full speed no problem keep your jap books with you too (I do not understand that game)
-DOA 2LE = cool graphics runs half speed in game full speed in menus
-guilty gear X = cool graphics full speed no sound
-revolt = no problem but no sound too
-shenmue 1&2 = transparency problems but it's ok although shenmue 2 seems a bit slow sometimes
-Virtua tennis 2K2 = A bit slow
-Sega bass fishing2 = minor glitches
-jet set radio = no problem

STILL NOT WORKING (but I'm working on it:bouncy: )
-plasma sword = doesn't boot or hangs after sega logo
-gauntlet legends= hang after sega logo
-nba2K2 = hangs after intro

If anyone has games to test : send a PM
all these games were tested with JAP and EURO bios.

Last edited:

GD666

about nba 2K2: Yesterday very late at night I found out that it's not only NBA 2K2 that hangs the game after intro video but every "sega sports" games
there seems to be something preventing them to boot but there are very few files in common in which some code that could cause the emu to hang and close:
-manatee.drv
-IP.BIN
-1st_read.bin
-Main.BIN
-Warning.DA
-Title.SFD
-Stream.T??(I don't remember the file extention)

If anyone can help me test....
If I rename the main.bin to 1st_read.bin the emu goes blackscreen but doesn't hang,If I remove any of the non-bin files it's the same but anyway intro doesn't play anymore:ranting:

Last edited:

Pavlik

GD666 said:
about nba 2K2: Yesterday very late at night I found out that it's not only NBA 2K2 that hangs the game after intro video but every "sega sports" games
there seems to be something preventing them to boot but there are very few files in common in which some code that could cause the emu to hang and close:
-manatee.drv
-IP.BIN
-1st_read.bin
-Main.BIN
-Warning.DA
-Title.SFD
-Stream.T??(I don't remember the file extention)

If anyone can help me test....
If I rename the main.bin to 1st_read.bin the emu goes blackscreen but doesn't hang,If I remove any of the non-bin files it's the same but anyway intro doesn't play anymore:ranting:

If gamne wont run on chankast than you cant do anything especially if you have echelon relase with intro :D

-manatee.drv - main sound driver
-IP.BIN - bootsector
-1st_read.bin - main exe file
-Main.BIN - game files all in one
-Warning.DA - "This disc is for Dreamcast only..."
-Title.SFD - opening movie
-Stream.T??(I don't remember the file extention) - sounds / music

Last edited:

GD666

Thanx for poyour help but I' ll keep on trying those games are indeed echelon releases but there's no echelon intro it has somehow been deleted....
I'll let you know if I find something interesting....
:bouncy:

Acorn

Madh: You have to use the "old graphics" version to get rid of the overlay in psy. Then its near perfect, just a few normal clipping errors and what not. Find old graphics exe in 0.2.

DreamcastFan

running Ikaruga at 65-75fps.. btw.. on the second stage of Ikaruga, you don't see the bullets coming out of the walls.. this is a BIG glitch and it makes that stage more dificult

Last edited:

cman

egg(elemental gimmick gear) works!!! try to active capcom hack and wait about 10-20 minutes with de black screen, then it starts and works perfect in my pentium m 730 with geforce go 6600.
Screens token with print screen key, and with snapIT button on chankast utilities.

END-TIME-X

Alpha & Omega
Alright, here's everything that's worked for me so far. Utopia was needed to run some of these. I can't remember which though. sorry.

System Specs:

Amd AthlonXP 2200+ @ 2.05Ghz
512mb pc2100 ddr
Soyo KT400 Dragon ultra black Ed Motherboard
Radeon 9600pro 256mb
20gb & 80gb hardrives

These are all clickable thumbnails. click for larger views. IMAGE HOSTING BY: http://www.watthephuc.com

18 Wheeler American Pro Trucker

Not to many real problems with this. some slight rendering glitches, but barely noticable.

102 Dalmations: Puppies to the Rescue

Some slight problems with this one. In-game cinematics & audio ran VERY fast. Game was easily playable, so no big deal.

Aerowings 2

This ran pretty good. No complaints. Audio was decent, and graphics were decent.

Aerowings

Same as the sequel. This ran pretty good. The video at the beginning was pretty sweet.

Air Force Delta

This one bothered me. Had to be run in NTSC. squashed screen was annoying. Audio was glitchy as hell. chanKast seemed to have problems rendering the runway, as you can see below.

Army Men: Sarge's Heroes

The opening credits and Main Menu were fine, but as soon as I got ingame, nothing except the HUD was visible. I tried using the Capcom Hack, Zwrite and the other option, with no effect.

Bangai O

Same problem as Air Force Delta, with the squished screen. Main Menu and the ingame demo work, but any attempts to start the game cause chankast to lock up.

Sword of the Berserk: Gut's Rage

Pretty cool game. It runs pretty good, with the exception of dialogue running behind from the ingame cinematics. I can live with that.

Blue Stinger

Main Menu, and opening video are all fine. As soon as you try to actually play though, it punks out and locks up. Dialogue and audio are off timing in the opening cinematic as well.

Capcom Vs. SNK - Millennium Fight 2000

Runs fine, with the exception of no music during actual gameplay. All the sound effects are there though, so it's all good.

Capcom Vs. SNK 2: Millennium Fight 2001

Audio is all fine. A little laggy on heavily rendered levels, but otherwise fine. Also, any character on the left, whether it's player or cpu; has slight graphic issues as seen below. Nothing serious. Just a couple of lines running through the character. Also noticed a slight glitch in the desert dunebuggy level. Clouds are seen through the fighters as the jump up.

Ecco The Dolphin: Defender of the Future

I love Ecco. I always have since Genesis. The only problem I've found with this, is the lack of rendering distant graphics, as seen in pics 3 to 5. Other then that, the game plays very smooth. Audio is fine too.

Frame Gride

Awesome game. It took me a while to figure out what everything did, seeing as the game is japanese. I got the hang of it pretty quick though. Graphics are a little laggy in some parts, and the game as a whole a tad slow. Overclocking and underclocking had no effect. Some graphics started to overlap, but nothing too major. the game was still very playable. I ended up getting sucked into this one for a couple of hours. :p

Gundam Side Story 0079: Rise from the Ashes

All in all a good game, with some issues concerning ingame videos and audio. Mostly when your getting your briefing. The audio was completely out of sync, and badly distorted. Gameplay itself was fine.

Ikaruga

Awesome game, except for the borders on either side. That was really annoying, but I can live with it. I haven't bothered trying to get to the second boss yet, so I have no idea if I'll have the same issue as the others here have had. Also, I have no idea if the Game Mode screen is actually supposed to look like that or not. Meh...whatever.

Star Wars Episode I: Jedi Power Battles

This whole thing seemed to run fine for me. I don't know if I'll actually spend much time with this one though. Seems like a pretty simple and somewhat boring game.

King Of Fighters 2002

Ran alright except that it was a little slow. Overclocking and underclocking had no effect. Still pretty playable.

Mortal Kombat Gold

Runs perfectly except for one problem: NO AUDIO. I mean, there was audio in the intro movie, the credits and whatever else. But NO audio from the main menu, to the character and difficulty screens, all the way to when Tanya snapped my neck, and I was sent down a deep pit of spikes.
Anyone know how to fix that?

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes

I love this game! no complaints at all. It's all perfect.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes

Same as the first. It's perfect, and I've got no complaints at all.

Last edited:

END-TIME-X

Alpha & Omega
REZ

I love this game. It's so damn fun. The only problem I had was the audio running slightly slower, but not by much. gameplay itself is pretty smooth.

Sega Smash Pack Vol. 2

This is a compilation pack of 100 games from Sega Genesis. the problems are varied depending on the game, although, they DO work. Just not very well. you can see Dragon Ball Z below as an example.

Sonic Adventure 2

Runs pretty good, with the exception of some small graphical glitches.

Sonic Shuffle

Opening credits, and opening movie work fine. Once the movie is done, the screen goes white. you can hear the main menu music playing, but playablity-wise; this is as far as I got.

Soul Caliber

No complaints. Runs a tad slow, but barely noticable.

Spider-Man

Runs perfectly. the opening song on the main menu rocks, and Narrations by Stan "The Man" Lee himself?? Sweeeett!!!

Tech Romancer

I *@%&'n LOVE THIS GAME!!!! Everything runs perfectly up to speed, except for 2 problems. #1(which actually doesn't bother me): is there is a slight glitch audiowise when you use the beam weapon from the chest (for that robot anyway). #2: This one pisses me off. ChanKast itself will randomly crash, and it's ONLY while playing this. It could be 5 minutes in, or it could be 2 hours in. It's totally random, and it's driving me nuts!!! out of all the games I've posted, this is by far, my most favourite. I REALLY want this problem corrected. Does anyone have any ideas at all how it can be solved??? PLEASE?!?!?!?
(check last image to view)

I'll post more games when i get around to testing them out.

If anyone could help me with the Tech Romancer crashing issue, please PM me. If you need any info from the system (tech crash reports/system logs) let me know.

Last edited: