What's new

Chanka Compatability List

END-TIME-X

Alpha & Omega
Later tonight, i'm gonna go through a small batch of games, and I'll post everything up. Out of about 30 games, only 9 worked for me :huh:

END-TIME-X

Alpha & Omega
Alrighty. New batch.

First up...

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Rei Breeding Plan

Worked pretty good. No complaints at all, nor did I really notice any problems with it. I love that opening Broccoli credit! "Nuh nuh nuh! Broccoli Ya!?" :D

Demolition Racer: No Exit

Fear Factory + Crashing cars = good? Hell yes!! not too many problems. Opening intro worked alright. Music during the main menu is slighty laggy, but listenable. Gameplay was smooth, but music while playing was crap. I tried the Capcom Hack, and that didn't go too well. the ingame camera went nuts, and ended up being underneith the map looking up. It was really weird.

Dino Crisis

Works pretty good. Capcom hack, ZWrite & NTSC settings were needed. Other then that, plays pretty well. Cinematics only play on half the screen.

Disney's DINOSAUR

Plays fine. May need Zwrite to fix some very minor glitches with rendering treelines. Intro movie was awesome. It's straight from the movie.

Dance dance Revolution: Club Version/Dreamcast Edition

After going through the opening DC logo, and standard credits, the screen will go whiteish grey for a few seconds before playing main credits and opening video. Last time i checked, I had to let it sit for about 10-20 seconds. I believe I needed the Capcom hack for this one. It plays alright except that the intro movie and almost all of the game plays in 1/4 of the screen. Nothing is fullscreen at all.

Buggy Heat

This one plays pretty smooth. you'll need the capcom hack, zwrite, and alphatest zwrite options on for this. Also, it'll freeze up or crash Chankast the odd time.

Charge N' Blast

Runs okay. There seems to be no music and some sound effects are missing from gameplay. Not all, but some.

Chicken Run

movie clips, audio, and ingame cinematics are all fine. Audio and gameplay are smooth. BUT, this game will physically crash ChanKast as soon as you try to leave the Chicken Coop. :huh:

And I saved the best for last :D

MACROSS M3

Oooohhh yeeeaahhhh!! This game rocks. I'm still trying to figure out a way to set this up for my gamepad, as you need to use the stick and D-pad, and I hate using the arows keys on the keyboard. Opening Credits: perfect. opening Movie: Perfect (the song is kickass). Menu, option screens, etc: Perfect. Ingame graphics? Eeeehh. Some slight rending problems with clouds. they look okay with Zwrite and Alpha off, but overlap certain things. Your better off with them on. I took lots of screenies for this one :D

That's all for now. Once I can figure out how to get those CDI files created with selfboot to stop giving me errors in chankast, I'll have more. If you got any info on the cdi problem please post in the thread I've got.

http://www.emutalk.net/chankast/31763-problems-cdi-made-selfboot.html

Last edited:
OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
I hate to be a bother but somehow half of the list has dissapeared :/ it seemed ok last time i edited it

has anybody got a backup of it?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Stezo2k said:
I hate to be a bother but somehow half of the list has dissapeared :/ it seemed ok last time i edited it

has anybody got a backup of it?
Thank Google and from now on be more carefull when editing posts which are longer than they are supposed to be. ;)

Neobr

Rent a Hero works good, at full speed,with a few glitches, which can be solved by turning on wireframes, then turn off when playing. Unfortunately it crashes at the end of the first fight.

Frame Gride works according to the compatibility list, but it didnt for me, it showed up as a music cd, not a game one.

END-TIME-X

Alpha & Omega
SonicAdvDX said:
Nevermind, I found it in the backup copy of the comp. post.

You guys gotta get that working. ^_^

check the second last post on the 80th page in this thread. It's in the list of games I tested.

END-TIME-X

Alpha & Omega
New batch.

Aikagi

Works perfectly. I don't speak or read japanese, but I'm definitely convinced this is a softcore Hentai text game.

Jet Grind Radio

Works pretty good for me. Haven't really had any problems yet. pretty sure capcom hack, zwrite, and alphatest were all enabled for this.

Ill Bleed
Some slight graphical glitches, in-game dialogue is off time, runs a tad slow. Capcomhack, alphatest, and zwrite seem to correct some minor issues, but creat other minor issues. Nothing major, just the minor graphic glitches.

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

This one is tricky. Capcom hack on, zwrite and alphatest off. Movies play fine, with cpu at 100. In-game, turning capcom hack off will make the game run too slow, so you'll have to overclock to around 400 with Capcom hack ON for perfect gamespeed. In-game dialogue is non-exist. all sound FX and music is there.

Shenmue II
Some graphical glitches. Music seems to be non-existant. Dialogue is off time, and the game as a whole runs sluggish when rendering alot of graphics (which is more or less the whole game).

Dragon Riders: Chronicles of Pern

Another tricky one. Zwrite, alphatest, and capcom hack off for movies and menu make them run perfect. In-game, you'll need capcom hack off for dialogue, and ingame cinematics. you'll need capcom hack on to speed actual gameplay up. some rendering issues unfixable for me.

Fighting Vipers 2
Zwrite on, alphatest on, capcom hack off. Audio perfect. graphics perfect.
Gameplay a little sluggish.

Heavy Metal: Geomatrix
Capcom hack on. Zwrite on. Alphatest on.
Absolutely perfect.

It's 3am, and I'm really tired. I'll post the rest tomorrow.

Last edited:

drewmaster

When I try to run Marvel vs. Capcom 2 [consists of (MARVEL_VS_CAPCOM2.mdf) and (MARVEL_VS_CAPCOM2.mds) files], it'll start up, but it has somewhat blurry graphics. Also, after the memory card loading screen, the game freezes. When I try to exit the program, normal means don't work, so I use alt+ctrl+delete. After a few seconds, the display driver stops working properly, the colors are all screwed up and the display size is way too big to fit in the screen. Then I'm forced to restart my computer to fix that problem. I've tried adjusting all of the settings, nothing works.

If anyone can help, they will be very appreciated.

I'm using Windows XP - Service Pack 2, Version 2000.

Compaq Presario AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3200+
2.20 GHz, 448 MB of RAM

Crizzle

^ Thats interesting drewmaster, when I run it, it runs almost perfect. There is only slight slow down in the menu screens. In game its smooth as silk. :p No freezing or glitches whatsoever.

Maybe your specs are too low?? What video card are you using?

My specs: W XP, P4 3.0ghz, 1gb RAM, ATI AiW X800XT

On another note, I didnt see REsident Evil: Nemesis listed, but for me it just stops at the Sega screen and then I have to close it. And apparent DOA 2 works for others but I cant get it to work. It freezes after the Sega screen and requires a CTRL ALT DEL. Any ideas??

drewmaster

Would it have something to do with the file type or the person who made it?

Then again, it may have something to do with the graphics card. I downloaded two different MVC 2's from different sources and with slightly different file names and they both do the same thing.

Or, would the version of Daemon Tools have anything to do with it?

And, how do you find out which graphics card your using? I don't know where to look.

Crizzle

Well the saying goes..."If you dont know what your graphics card is you probably dont have one."

In any case to check go to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Display Adapters. Let me know what it says there.

talion78

82 pages (phew) Is there anyway this can be condensed, into a newer compatible list if there have been improvements. 82 pages is a lot to read.

I've got Ready 2 Rumble working fast in fact too fast, it's running at a crazy frame rate - any tips on slowing it down. The only problem I've got is no audio during the actuall game, got it in the intro, but not actuall game, if anyone got sound on this game please let me know how.

Pavlik

talion78 said:
82 pages (phew) Is there anyway this can be condensed, into a newer compatible list if there have been improvements. 82 pages is a lot to read.
If you dont like to read all of them just go to 1st page and you get compatibility list :p

jimx

bypass works
30334--utopia.jpg

sega raly 2 crashes
30335--crash.jpg

Power stone 1 works :
30336--powerstone1.jpg

-
30337--powerstone1_b.jpg

I'll test more later.
Anyway you did great job guys ! keep it up :bouncy:

drewmaster

Crizzle said:
Well the saying goes..."If you dont know what your graphics card is you probably dont have one."

In any case to check go to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Display Adapters. Let me know what it says there.

My folders or headings aren't the same as the ones you listed, but there is one folder that says something about display. I think this is the name of the card.

VIA/SG3 UniChrome IGP

the entire line reads:
Display: COMPAQ 7500 Color Monitor on VIA/SG3 UniChrome IGP

Crizzle

Yeah the VIA/SG3 UniChrome IGP is a 64mb on board graphics solution. Not you best bet for Chankast. Are you able to play other games and its just MVC2 thats a problem? The rest of your system is decent so maybe you could look into upgrading and getting a dedicated video card because your video hardware does seem to be what is causing all the funky colours and crashes.