What's new

Chanka Compatability List

Chrono-Hunte

Hello and the testing started XD. First games was Shenmue 2 and than Shenmue Passport:
http://www.game-temple.com/darkness/Hunter/Shoots/
Shenmue 2 EUR:
Shenmue_2-03.gif

Shenmue_2-04.gif

Shenmue_2-15.gif

Shenmue_2-16.gif

Shenmue Passport EUR:
ShenmuePassport-01.gif

ShenmuePassport-02.gif

ShenmuePassport-03.gif

ShenmuePassport-04.gif

More soon!!

yop

Mad Programmer
Here is the game I tested and still doesn't work for me on alpha 0.2 :
- 3D Tetris
- Action Replay CDX
- Beats of Rage
- Bust A Move 4.
- Codebreaker
- Dangerous Toys
- Dead Or Alive 2 - Limited Edition
- GAMESHARK
- Hello Kitty - Otonaru Mail
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Midways Greatest Arcade Hits Volume 1
- Midways Greatest Arcade Hits Volume 2
- Mag Force Racing
- Next Tetris
- Razor Freestyle Scooter
- Sega Memory Card Utility Disc
- Sonic Shuffle
- Virtua Cop 2
- Wild Metal
- Street Fighter III - Double Impact
- Wetrix Plus
- TDC Final
- 90 Minutes Sega Championship Football
- bleemcast + ridge racer

Only these one are new in working list :
- virtua fighter 3 team battle, works great
- utopia boot cd, see my precedent post

And here a game not in the list:
- Ferrari Challenge, hangs at sega screen

Last edited:

Ble_Man

DuDe said:
Ikaruga : works at about 35 to 40 FPS, major slowdown when levels end, minor graphical glitches in the menus, there are also two bars showing on the sides when ingame that shouldn't be there.
Capcom vs SNK 2 : 35 to 40 FPS, although there's a rotating level that was much slower (about 25 FPS on average). Graphical glitches on the sprites.

I'm running an AMD XP 2600+ with 512MB DDR and a Radeon 9600.

For me, Capcom v/s SNK 2 runs almost perfect (50 - 60 fps), slow down is in the rotating level (40 fps).

Pentium 4 2400, 128 Mb RAM, Geoforce4 MX440 AGP 8x

Heinster

-Well SFIII third strike runs on allmost full speed now... Layer glitches are gone but other glitches in the characters remain but I can live with those

-Guilty Gear X lost it's layer glitches and gained some speed (still a tiny bit slow)

-Puzzle fighter,psyvariar2 and Ikaruga are playable with a joypad

- VF3TB and SoulCalibur now work but are a bit slow (even on my P4 3GHz 1GB ATI 9800)

And everything is far more stable :)

Aks

ALL TESTED ON ALPHA v0.2
Aks Sys Specs - P4 intel 2.8ghz
128MB Nvidia 5200 FX(yes they suck, but it's working well)
Sorry guys I basically play the first level to see if its working, if you wanna get further in the game feel free to do it yourself, I just went thru the "not working" list and tested to see any changes with those titles.

18 Wheeler: Works, Ran Good, choppy sound, might work better as an image.

102 Dalmations - Ran Well(for me)
102Dal.JPG

Action Reply CDX: Crashes Chanka After the Sega Logo

Alone in the Dark 4: Boots but Freezes Here(was the same with alpha 0.1):
AITD.JPG

Army men: Sound is MESSED in the start menu, then when you start a new game it ends up here....stuck
ArmyMen.JPG

Buzz Lightyear: still sits at a Black screen
Carrier: io error(weird)
Championship pro surfer: Freezes after the sega screen

Chicken Run: Doesnt crash when starting a new game
Chicken.JPG
]

Gauntlet Legends: boots to the audio cd(yes mine is selfboot)
Hydro Thunder (All versions): Closes Emu after the sega screen

Illbleed: Game Runs Well, sound is good, started a new game fine
IllBleed.JPG

Jimmy White's Cue Ball: Forget about the MMU error, now it freezes after the sega logo(game sucks anyway)

Looney Tunes: Weird sound problems, no sound until character selection and then it's like loud quiet, loud quiet..etc. All the drivers look like an alpha channel(yellow chars)
Looney.JPG

Matt hoffmans pro BMX: Freezes after sega logo
Ooga Booga: Doesn't boot (confirmed same in alpha 0.2)
Prince of persia - Doesn't boot (confirmed same in alpha 0.2)
Propeller arena: Gets to the Sega Logo Screen

Rayman 2: Starts, but freezes after starting a new game
Rayman2.JPG

Razor freestyle scooter: Doesn't boot
Resident Evil 2: Doesn't boot
Sega Bass Fishing: Crashes the emu
Sega Extreme Sports (U): black screen, but you can select things but you cant see them
Soldier of Fortune: black screen
Sonic Shuffle: Boots to the intro, black screen cant see anything.
South Park Chef's Love Shack: Freezes after the Sega Logo Screen
South Park Rally: Music Plays when game is started, but I think its just the ripping groups intro(cant get past this)

Stupid Invaders (E): Black screen (confirmed same in alpha 0.2)
Tee off Golf: This game ran PERFECT, no graphical error's little sound glitches(img file would be better)
TeeOff02.JPG

TeeOff01.JPG

Tetris 4D: game loads, plays intro movie, then freezes before you can start a game (same with this version)

Tomb raider chronicles: Black Screen after Sega Logo
Toy Commander: IO Control Error
Toy Story 2: Chanka Crashes after Sega Logo Screen
Vitual Athlete: Ran well, sound was fine, some graphical glitches
VirtAth01.JPG

WOOT A NEW WORLD RECORD!
VirtAth02.JPG

Wetrix Plus: hangs at sega screen (confirmed same in alpha 0.2)
Xploder: still Freezes on boot

post looks a little weird after second thought, sorry fo making ppl have to root thru pictures but I went in a alphabetical listing, hope you can all deal with that

Enjoy - Aks

insane_cobra

ray16 said:
It's cool that Soul Caliber works now, but is the character select screen totally black for anybody else? I have to blindly pick a character but it works great in-game.
it's black for me too, but i can't even pick a character, it just goes black and hangs. i tried patching the image with ipbin4win, imginfo, selfboot batch file, tried running it from both of my cd drives, tried using 2 different cd-rws, tried mounting the image with daemon tools 3.29, daemon tools 3.43, alcohol %120 1.9.2, all with and without emulation options turned on, tried all versions of chankast, but nothing helped, it just goes black and hangs. oh well, must be something with my karma :)
nevertheless, i just love this emulator and i'm so happy that this is happening! :bouncy:
grrrreat job, guys!

Martin

Administrator
Perhaps we should try to create a dynamic version of the compatibility list, where users can submit entries to a database? Should be much less work...

The Siskoo

It seems 2 lists (Ati users and NVidia users) will be usefull. Now, maybe with alpha 0.2 there are no difference between ATI and Nvidia graphics cards.

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
Martin said:
Perhaps we should try to create a dynamic version of the compatibility list, where users can submit entries to a database? Should be much less work...

actually, that sounds a good idea mate, but quite a few rules would need to be added to it to stop spoofing or the same game added twice, that could be hard work too.... but its up to you :)

Chris_W

Martin said:

Problem with that though is what works for some dont work for others Marty.

what would be good would be to know the actual file that works and what dont etc.

"Game Name" "Region" "Format Self or Not Boot" "Image Extention" "Exta Info"

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
Chris_W said:
well what you could do is have say a poll thing within a game if its already added, so you got 3 options

Works For x people
Patially Works for x People
Doesnt Work for x people

and have a comments thing at the bottom, so people can say what problems they had.

mezkal

Man on a mission
Chris_W said:

what would be good would be to know the actual file that works and what dont etc.

"Game Name" "Region" "Format Self or Not Boot" "Image Extention" "Exta Info"

Don't know if I can agree with you there. For one thing anyone can make a disc image. So file tracking could be kinda redundant and overly annoying. The reality is that all it comes down too is knowing the GAME the REGION and its RELEASE (with possibly some extra info such as "Z-Write ON" etc. Some ripped games will run OK, some won't, due to the rip doing things that the emu can't track or emulate yet. Carrier, for example, was a DC launch title and it used the same engine as Blue Stinker :)P) . BS Loads, Carrier IO's out (yes for me too). I would say that's the rip myself because it was one of the first and probably a bit a dodgy kludge. Just an edjucated guess going on here. If so, then possibly another rip needs to be found or a fresh one needs to be made.