What's new

Chanka Compatability List

MAD_BOY

weird guy
bleh, i keep testing too much
anyway,
namco museum --> menu runs great, games run too fast, but when i set the cpu to 285, they work at normal speed

lenselijer

army men sarges heroes - works fast, but ingame is pretty buggy. Sometimes your character disappears. Use the old gfx version of chankast to get ingame graphics!
atari anniversary edition - mmu not supported (chankast 0.1) and crashed the emu (chankast 0.2a)
90 minutes football - echelon intro crashes the emu :(
pen pen tricelon - crashes emu
sega extreme sports - black screen
sports jam - crashes emu
wacky races - you only see half of the screen and when ingame there are heavy graphics errors which make it impossible to play.
nba hoopz - crashes emu
soul fighter - vey playable, only some minor graphical errors in the background.
south park rally - sound seems to work, but you only see some stars in the top of the screen

Last edited:

MAD_BOY

weird guy
just doen with testing crazytaxi 2, haven't found any problems, ran at full speed i'll get some screenies of the games i tested later this day

neopb19

Ecco The Dolphin works with graphic glitches

<b>Ecco the Dolphin</b> has big graphic glitches ingame ... Nearest enviroment is beatiful but far i didn't see anything.

It's so great game... maybe in 0.3 it will be fully plyable...? :D

Here is the pic - with graphic glitches when I want to see far enviroment, and without graphic problems whan I'm near the rocks ;)

Phreaky

Phreaky Shat
Dont know if these have been done yet, all on 0.2 (not a);

Chu Chu Rocket : Works flawlessly, a sound blip every so often, entriely playable.

Red Dog: Graphics overlay problems, also when you get hit and the red dog flashes white, it stays white until you restart. Missing firing sounds.

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver : Runs ingame ok, some odd texture effects like the portal symbols appearing fragmented on steps,walls, everywhere, etc. Some missing sound effects (same as Red Dog)

More to come.

P~

Waan2k

Emutalk Lover :)
yeah just been playing with Street fighter 3 Double impact and it get's to the Capcom logo and then drops but to the bios screen.

anyone have any luck with getting this game working?

Martin

Administrator
I spoke to Bobbi earlier today, and they have a very nice compatibility list over at NGEmu, though far from as large as ours. Perhaps we should submit our entries to that database, and make it the "official" comp list? Just an idea, seems a bit useless with more than one comp list. :)

http://www.ngemu.com/dc/chanka.php?action=compat

OzTm

While playing Resident Evil Code: Veronica I noticed that sometimes the sound gets disabled, and you have to restart the emu to get it back on. Usually you get only the music at first, with no footsteps, zombies sound or voices, and in the next room you enter everything is muted. To regain sound you have to save, exit, start again and load.

System specs:
AMD Athlon XP 1800+
256 MB DDR
MSI GeForce4 MX440 64MB AGP8x
Windows XP Professional
and, of course, a very nice user :)

Klesk24

BlackNinja said:
tennis: players invisible
powerstone 2 :chashed emulator here im play 5 rounds and crash

Are you using 0.2a, cuz I managed to beat the game (powerstone 2) in arcade mode using it. (Had the same problem as you when using 0.2, but it went away after using 0.2a)

Klesk24

ThunderGod65 said:
klesk24, may i ask for the files names of your Project Justice and how u manged to play it? I have the game but when i load it, it goes to Now Loading screen then back to the bios page again....if it possible, can u tell me how u burn that game? I burn mine using the bin2boot methond

I am using a cd image mounted by daemon tools. No burning. I'm using the echelon release image(with the echelon intro and all)

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Sega GT WORKS! When it seems like its frozen on a black screen, keep on hitting + and - on the keypad CONTINUOUSLY. This will make it go past the load screens and menus, but once it displays and fmv or a hint of 3d, it runs full speed :D Here's my pics (as u can see on the menu, the fps is out of 0, so thats y u need to do + and - to skip the frames and continue on)

Waan2k

Emutalk Lover :)
damn Ive been playing around with Blue Stinger too and no luck :(

oh well next release it might become playable :)

TheFreeman

Guardian of Destiny
Well, I noticed something weird (or not so weird), if you run SOUL CALIBUR from an actual CD, the framerate drops considerably, no matter how you over or underclock the SH4. When playing SC from an IMAGE mounted on a virtual drive (latest daemon-tools for me), I get 45/50 fps, while from the CD I get 29/40 fps.

Anyone else has found this with SOUL CALIBUR, or other game?

mezkal

Man on a mission
Aks said:
duuuuhhh, its running from cd, sorry to be a prick, but c'mon! think

Look, I'm not trying to be insulting, but what does your comment add to the information here? If Freeman pointed out the fact that he gets extra fps (as I do) using a CD-Emulation layer such as Daemon-Tools then he did. Oh and I wasn't running from a REAL CD either. So I can back up his point of view.

The overhead in buffering a file from the HDD as opposed to a CD (which is 100x slower) is going to have less of an impact on the machine overall which in turn means more CPU power for the gfx and sound elements of the Chankast emulation engine.

If you're not going to add anything to conversation then why not just read instead of posting nonsense!

EDIT : AKS, the point of my post is to show the difference between trying to INFORM people as opposed to INSULTING them. You obviously feel that everyone should be at the same level of knowledge as you purport to be. Experience shows me that arrogance generally reflects the need to compensate. Feeling a little out of your depth perhaps?

Cheers,

Mezkal

Last edited: