What's new

Audio Plugin v0.50

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Damn! 6th of October! I'm getting twitchy here! This driver is going to kick so much ass! :D Maybe I'll be able to get Banjo Tooie with sound in 1964?

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Lillymon said:
Damn! 6th of October! I'm getting twitchy here! This driver is going to kick so much ass! :D Maybe I'll be able to get Banjo Tooie with sound in 1964?

Basic audio plugin or Azi's 0.30 will work. I cant wait for 0.50 either though. :satisfied

LD.

*poke*
Azimer said:
The N64 does audio production both on the R4300 CPU and the RSP. The audio given to the RSP is preprocessed. I get chunks of information about the entire audio stream rather then the entire stream at once. So an audio frame might be 640 bytes every other vblank (vsync). I would equate this to Graphics. It would be very difficult for Jabo to dump the different models in his graphics plugin because his plugin interpretes commands and not models. Likewise, my plugin interpretes commands and not synth.

Thanks for the best explanation I've heard for ages :)

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
cooliscool said:
Basic audio plugin or Azi's 0.30 will work. I cant wait for 0.50 either though. :satisfied [/B]
Not for me. I don't get any sound with any plugin. And Jabo's DirectSound 1.5 stopped working for it on Project64 too which leaves me with no way to get any sound from Banjo Tooie...

Alex_A

Will be able this plugin to handle Hydro Thunder? seems to be a anoying game to emulate in sound....
Well a last thing, have you thought in a "sync sound to gameplay" function?

I´m sure this new plugin will ROCK!

{;D

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
cooliscool said:
Lillymon said:

Basic audio plugin or Azi's 0.30 will work. I cant wait for 0.50 either though. :satisfied

You have to use Azi's 0.30 (old driver). I got it working.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
F-3582 said:
cooliscool said:
Lillymon said:

You have to use Azi's 0.30 (old driver). I got it working.

That's what i mean. Works for me just fine. :)

Slougi

Azimer said:
The N64 does audio production both on the R4300 CPU and the RSP. The audio given to the RSP is preprocessed. I get chunks of information about the entire audio stream rather then the entire stream at once. So an audio frame might be 640 bytes every other vblank (vsync). I would equate this to Graphics. It would be very difficult for Jabo to dump the different models in his graphics plugin because his plugin interpretes commands and not models. Likewise, my plugin interpretes commands and not synth.
Azi: thanks for this explanation, it just cleared up an awful lot of things for me.

M

mark_ole

azimer, you asked something about what wed like from the next audio plugin. well it might be the time to get perfect dark running perfectly, i mean 0.40 nearly achieved this. also mission impossible could badly do with some good sound support, as could iss 2000.
im looking forward to 0.50 a hel of a lot!

Ruesselschnurps

The Mad Wombat
mark_ole said:
azimer, you asked something about what wed like from the next audio plugin. well it might be the time to get perfect dark running perfectly, i mean 0.40 nearly achieved this. also mission impossible could badly do with some good sound support, as could iss 2000.
im looking forward to 0.50 a hel of a lot!

He asked for Features (like Reversed Stereo) not which games you want to be supported !

Here is my request:
-------------------------
How about a Winamp DSP Plugin Wrapper ?
Using AudioEnhancer or DFX with your Plugin would be quite interesting !

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Something that could be worked on is the overall effects that DX ships. At least i know directmusic in 8 does this...would be intresting to use when emulating the sound.

Take it in mind, ok? :)
Great work, azi.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
is it hard to implement a graphic equalizer ? Maybe there's already some stuff in a library or another to do it....

Stezo2k

S-2K
iq_132 said:
I'd like to see it with a disable background music option...
if that is possible...

nah, this has been discussed before by azi i think, he says the n64 sound system doesnt have different channels, which probably means no

Stez

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
After my reviews of zilmar's basic sound plugin...i can quite state that it's true...
if this should be made possible, changes in the core is necessary, since it sends the actual data that the sound plugin just plays.

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I am sure there are hacks I can make to "disable" backgroud music, but it would be very game/level specific. It is not worth my time. I do not know which sounds are sequenced and which are not. Even non-sequenced sounds get processed using an envelope. One of the frailties of a strictly RSP-based HLE approach. An ai* function HLE implementation would give the flexibility to do many different things (I'd even go so far to say prevent crackles on slow machines). But the audio timing / game timing would not be as accurate.