What's new

Audio Plugin v0.50

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
I hope that Banjo-Tooie and Smash Brothers will work better than it does on 0.30 (old driver)

Saleen351

well guys,

<- - - - - - - - This guy must apologize for not looking around on the web good enough and paying attention.In another thread I mentioned that the Azimers audio plugin I was usiing,the sound would get all choppy and full of static when graphics and animation would show up on screen.Say for example.On Goldeneye.You load the game,and see the trademark screen.Then the Nintendo and Rare logos spin around.then you hear the Bond theme and as you see him walking out in the eye the sound starts slowing down and getting choppy.(Thats just an example of what I was talking about.As for not paying attention,I was using Azimers Audio plugin 0.3 Old driver.And failed to notice the 0.4 version.So I get it installed and notice that 99 % of the choppiness has vanished (Really good sound) but causes the video to become a little choppy.But IMO the plugin works really good now.

The only thing I notice with it is in the game Gauntlet Legends.Even with 0.4 driver Gauntlet has extremely choppy audio,or you will hear voices and SFX repeat itself like a CD skipping.

This is on an AMD Athalon 1.3 GHZ cpu with an Ati grafx card.How do the games I mentioned above run on your computers?

crhylove

Banned
fyi:

gauntlet legends is in the early stages of being emulated accurately, i have little doubt that in the near future it will play better in both pj64 and 1964.

and of course with azi's great plugin!

rhy

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
While you guys are talking... any suggestions for future features are welcome. I will keep them in mind, but it's not a promise. :)

LD.

*poke*
Future features? Hmm... can't really think of anything. Being able to change the quality of the audio (sample rate and stuff) might be handy for low spec machines (and high spec roms ;)).

And while I'm on the subject of audio, does anyone else get horrible buzzing in Hot Wheels Turbo Racing using Azimer's 0.40 plugin?

crhylove

Banned
i would like to see the pill in dr. mario. but that's not really a sound plugin issue afaik, in fact i seriously doubt it has anything to do with anything...

forget i said anything, nothing to see here!

as for your plug, it rox, i'd just like less stuttering and stuff, though i don't get too much atm, honestly....

rhy

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
Azimer said:
While you guys are talking... any suggestions for future features are welcome. I will keep them in mind, but it's not a promise. :)
You think you can add in reverse stereo?

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
2bzy4ne1 said:
Azimer said:
You think you can add in reverse stereo?

Wow... first doable suggestion yet ;-) thx!

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
I would like to see a MP3 or WAV recorder so that we can extract sounds from their games!!! Should be possible but just a suggestion!

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
It is VERY hard to extract individual sounds unfortunately :( I could prolly hack something, but to poor results.

Stezo2k

S-2K
hmmm u think u could add a function to disable channels of sound, that would be gr8 and doesnt sound that hard to do, and that would be a good way to extract sounds from a game

Stez

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
There are two sound channels... Left speaker and Right speaker. :) The N64 doesn't have an APU like SNES or NES. I do not generate the audio. The game does. If it was just a matter of me generating the audio, the sound would be perfect by now :)

Stezo2k said:
hmmm u think u could add a function to disable channels of sound, that would be gr8 and doesnt sound that hard to do, and that would be a good way to extract sounds from a game

Stez

Stezo2k

S-2K
oh ok (silly me) i kinda guessed that the n64 had an apu like the snes, my bad :p btw grant64, there is a tool to extract sounds from n64 roms (only works with a few roms) i got it from UltraHLE ages ago, u should be able to get it from zophar or something like that :)

Stez

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Azimer said:
There are two sound channels... Left speaker and Right speaker. :) The N64 doesn't have an APU like SNES or NES. I do not generate the audio. The game does. If it was just a matter of me generating the audio, the sound would be perfect by now :)

Stezo2k said:

Stez

HUH? So the APU is on each cartridge? If so, then what're you emulating? :yin-yang:

Remote

cooliscool said:
Azimer said:

Stezo2k said:

Stez

HUH? So the APU is on each cartridge? If so, then what're you emulating? :yin-yang:

Confused... I don't think Azimer could give a much clearer explination. As stated above the N64 lacks an audio/music chip.

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
The N64 does audio production both on the R4300 CPU and the RSP. The audio given to the RSP is preprocessed. I get chunks of information about the entire audio stream rather then the entire stream at once. So an audio frame might be 640 bytes every other vblank (vsync). I would equate this to Graphics. It would be very difficult for Jabo to dump the different models in his graphics plugin because his plugin interpretes commands and not models. Likewise, my plugin interpretes commands and not synth.

Valek

Azimer said:
The N64 does audio production both on the R4300 CPU and the RSP. The audio given to the RSP is preprocessed. I get chunks of information about the entire audio stream rather then the entire stream at once. So an audio frame might be 640 bytes every other vblank (vsync). I would equate this to Graphics. It would be very difficult for Jabo to dump the different models in his graphics plugin because his plugin interpretes commands and not models. Likewise, my plugin interpretes commands and not synth.
I understood 100% of nothing you just said! :)