What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Djipi FINAL CELL MOD 2009 for Zelda OOT

KoolSmoky

There seems to be something wrong with butterflies. Not all butterflies in all places .. but some.

http://www.emutalk.net/showpost.php?p=422340&postcount=581

This is a common problem with all texture packs. The thumb of rule is not to have duplicate textures within the same pack. Otherwise we encounter problems like this. You can fix it your self by removing the duplicate texture.

Anyway, the GlideHQ Hires Texture Checker should help. It checks the integrity of texture packs (including redundancy) so you will know which textures are problematic right away.

Grab it at http://glide64.emuxhaven.net/
Just scroll down to: "Published thursday 19 march 2009 by gonetz"

-KoolSmoky

Kupfel

that tool spits out like 1500 lines of errors in the pack T_T

there are tons and tons of duplicates. Many of them are names of items and things that are in Djipi's folders and then also in Emarian's Work folder

anyways there is one more problem i have. I use emulator 1964 and Rice 6.1.4 in DirectX mode. Everything works perfectly in Window mode but as soon as i go fullscreen the whole image gets a red tint all over. Anyone know what to do about that?

Last edited:

X-Fi6

Alright, since you guys say it spits all these errors, I'll be glad to remove all the duplicates from the pack and use pngcrush on all the textures and put them all into .zip, .7z, .rar, .tar.lzma, .tar.gz, and .tar.bz2 archives and I'll upload them all to my site, iFile.it, MediaFire, Rapidshare, and MegaUpload. :D

Edit: Also there are plenty of thumbs.db files in there. You gotta love how Windows does that...

Last edited:

Emarian

C++ Addict
@X-Fi,
Download my pack and apply the changes. Some things such as thumbs.db have been removed, along with various other fixes.

X-Fi6

Alright

Now do you mind if I translate the folders? Since Djipi said this is the *final* Cel Mod and assuming he is actually right this time and Djipi's work here is done, I think it would benefit the (Emutalk) community if I uploaded the archive with the folders in English when I'm done. I've also reordered some of the things in 18-Menu-HUD-Subscreen and it's easier to look through that folder now.

Edit: I'm done with the renaming and small reordering but ghqchk crashes, and I've done exactly what it says. Even if I run cmd as an admin and type in ghqchk.exe "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA", and the textures are in ./hires_texture/THE LEGEND OF ZELDA/, it crashes shortly and though ghqchk.txt was made, it only lists 5 errors and 1 warningin the file—the same as with Djipi's version on the first page (which I tried before you told me to stop and use your update of it instead). So I guess that's where it crashed...

I submitted an error report, KoolSmoky, in case you actually check yours. Debugging with Visual Studio tells me:

Unhandled exception at 0x76f6278e in ghqchk.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x92848b91.

I'm using the computer whose specs you can see in my sig.

Here's the texture scan log that ghqchk *was* able to make:
Code:
0:	------------------------------------------------------------------
0:	 GlideHQ Hires Texture Checker 1.0
0:	 Copyright (C) 2007  Hiroshi Morii   All Rights Reserved
0:	    email   : koolsmoky(at)users.sourceforge.net
0:	    website : http://www.3dfxzone.it/koolsmoky
0:	
0:	 Glide64 official website : http://glide64.emuxhaven.net
0:	------------------------------------------------------------------
80:	-----
80:	using Rice hires texture format...
80:	  must be one of the following;
80:	    1) *_rgb.png + *_a.png or *_rgb.bmp + *_a.bmp
80:	    2) *_all.png or *_all.bmp
80:	    3) *_ciByRGBA.png or *_allciByRGBA.png
80:	    4) *_ci.bmp
80:	  use of *_all.png or *_ciByRGBA.png highly recommended!
80:	  file names are case sensitive!
80:	  folder names must be in US-ASCII characters!
80:	path: C:/Users/Drew/Downloads/hires_texture/THE LEGEND OF ZELDA/01-Kokiri Forest/01-Kokiri Forest/Jar
80:	file: THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#ABFC82E4#0#2_rgb.png
80:	Error: already cached! duplicate texture!
80:	path: C:/Users/Drew/Downloads/hires_texture/THE LEGEND OF ZELDA/01-Kokiri Forest/01-Kokiri Forest
80:	file: the legend of zelda#1119d5f8#0#2_rgb.png
80:	Warning: missing _a.*! only using _rgb.*. treat as opaque texture.
80:	path: C:/Users/Drew/Downloads/hires_texture/THE LEGEND OF ZELDA/01-Kokiri Forest/01-Kokiri Forest
80:	file: THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#1137C6C4#0#2_rgb.png
80:	file: THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#125B9859#0#2_rgb.png
80:	file: THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#1A3D7802#0#2_rgb.png
80:	file: the legend of zelda#1bbaad39#4#1_rgb.png
80:	Warning: missing _a.*! only using _rgb.*. treat as opaque texture.

Last edited:

Emarian

C++ Addict
I'm talking to X-Fi now about the pack.

We've teamed up on his little project. :p Maybe some results soon.

KoolSmoky

Alright

Now do you mind if I translate the folders? Since Djipi said this is the *final* Cel Mod and assuming he is actually right this time and Djipi's work here is done, I think it would benefit the (Emutalk) community if I uploaded the archive with the folders in English when I'm done. I've also reordered some of the things in 18-Menu-HUD-Subscreen and it's easier to look through that folder now.

Edit: I'm done with the renaming and small reordering but ghqchk crashes, and I've done exactly what it says. Even if I run cmd as an admin and type in ghqchk.exe "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA", and the textures are in ./hires_texture/THE LEGEND OF ZELDA/, it crashes shortly and though ghqchk.txt was made, it only lists 5 errors and 1 warningin the file—the same as with Djipi's version on the first page (which I tried before you told me to stop and use your update of it instead). So I guess that's where it crashed...

I submitted an error report, KoolSmoky, in case you actually check yours. Debugging with Visual Studio tells me:

Unhandled exception at 0x76f6278e in ghqchk.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x92848b91.

I'm using the computer whose specs you can see in my sig.

You most likely have a texture that is corrupt or doesn't strictly follow the png specifications. If you have altered the png's in anyway, then I suggest you revert the one that causes the problem. If you encounter any other problems, I'd appreciate it if you'd submit reports to the Glide64 official website or shoot me an email.

-KoolSmoky

X-Fi6

I haven't modified any of the pngs. I sent exactly what I had to Emarian and scanning it with ghqchk worked fine for him. It's something on my end... Maybe it doesn't work right on Vista 64-bit?

I guess I'll post this on the Glide64 board at Emuxhaven.

KoolSmoky

I haven't modified any of the pngs. I sent exactly what I had to Emarian and scanning it with ghqchk worked fine for him. It's something on my end... Maybe it doesn't work right on Vista 64-bit?

I guess I'll post this on the Glide64 board at Emuxhaven.

Hmm, now that you mention vista 64-bit, I really haven't tested it with the 64 bit OS's. If you'd like, I can send you a newer version that I use for myself. Perhaps you can try it and let me know if it gives the same error.

-KoolSmoky

Kupfel

Wow Djipi I just got to the water temple and it is sooo beautiful !!

Definitely my favourite part so far :flowers:

One issue i've been having is getting more annoying in water temple because i have to change boots all the time. I use 1964 1.1 and Rice 6.1.4

Everytime i press start (go to the menu) it takes like 10 seconds till it opens and strangely as background it shows the last room that had a background. Anybody know a fix for that? Kind of frustrating to always have to wait for 10 seconds for the menu to show up :x

ch40s

@Kupfel

the long delay can be fixed by a "cheat"(unfortunately i dont know it anymore) or by a hack that is already implemented in project64.
As for the image in the Pause menu:
Go to your videoplugin settings(rice 6.1.4) and then to current game options (you have to do this while the rom is running),there set
N64 Frame Buffer Emulation to : Basic Write&Back, and
Render to Texture Emulation to: Write Back & Reload
This will also fix the crappy link texture in inventory. These settings are not the best ones, but the only ones that will work on rice 6.1.4 without crashing. It could happen that you sometimes have the wrong image when pausing, but its better than before!

mcabel

Hi there. First thing I want to say is that this MOD is awesome.

Anyhow, I have a problem which I can't seem to solve no matter what. Every texture, as far as I know loads perfectly, but the "cloudy sky" and the ganon area sky does not load at all. Instead the normal texture is loaded and looks very weird.
I tested it with Glide Napalm, Aristoteles/Rice plugins using PJ64 1.7.

SKY.jpg

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

As a side note, an almost invisible thing (only noticeable when there are clouds), at the selection screen, one of the textures has a few opaque pixels where they should be transparent. I don't mind fixing this one myself; I'd just need the file name for the texture.

selectfile.jpg

Last edited:

Kupfel

@Kupfel

the long delay can be fixed by a "cheat"(unfortunately i dont know it anymore) or by a hack that is already implemented in project64.
As for the image in the Pause menu:
Go to your videoplugin settings(rice 6.1.4) and then to current game options (you have to do this while the rom is running),there set
N64 Frame Buffer Emulation to : Basic Write&Back, and
Render to Texture Emulation to: Write Back & Reload
This will also fix the crappy link texture in inventory. These settings are not the best ones, but the only ones that will work on rice 6.1.4 without crashing. It could happen that you sometimes have the wrong image when pausing, but its better than before!

Thank you !! The Frame Buffer tips were really helpful and worked !

And since you told me that there was a cheat to fix the menu open delay i googled for a little while and found it :)

If anybody else needs it - here are the cheat codes for the different roms:

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.0)
Subscreen delay fix
801DA5CB 0002

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.1)
Subscreen delay fix
801DA78B 0002

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.2)
Subscreen delay fix
801DAE8B 0002

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (V1.0)
Subscreen delay fix
801D860B 0002

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (V1.1)
Subscreen delay fix
801D864B 0002

Zelda no Densetsu - Toki no Ocarina (J)
Subscreen delay fix
801DA5CB 0002

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time Master Quest
Subscreen delay fix
801D8F4B 0002

X-Fi6

Glide64 doesn't have any lag with the start menu; in fact it's emulated perfectly if you check hardware framebuffer emulation.

The game itself does wait one second before showing the start menu, however; it's programmed like that. It's like that on the real n64 as well. It doesn't bother me and I prefer having it.

Just thought I'd mention that before anyone new reads that and gets confused. :p You can keep using it if you want.

Last edited:

Kupfel

yeah well, waiting a second is fine - it's more like 7 seconds though. The bug is NOT rice specific. It will occur with any video plugin if you use the 1964 emulator. If you use a newer version of the Project 64 emulator then that very cheat is already enabled by default through your rom db. In 1964 you just have to enable the cheat yourself.

As for Glide vs. Rice ... there's something that bothers me about both of them. Rice can't keep the aspect ratio when going full screen and Glide doesn't have antialiasing. It really looks a lot better with antialiasing so i rather use rice in window mode and enjoy the better picture quality.

X-Fi6

What I'm doing now is looking through every single texture in the pack and fixing up every single one that I can. I've noticed that lots of textures obviously had the eraser tool used too much, causing ugly lines around things and uneven glowing/shadowing. Plus, some of the textures are kind of blurry, and others have too much aliasing in certain areas of them.

When I'm done, I'll then go through all the textures *again* and delete the duplicates and rename the _rgb.png ones that lack a _a.png into _all.png.

The problem is that this will break >50% of the textures' compatibility with old versions of Rice unless I convert them from 24-bit to 32-bit (which will waste space because that alpha channel is not used in those images). At least I *think* it will. Can somebody take a _rgb.png from Djipi's pack that lacks a _a.png and see if it works out of the box with Mudlord's+Aristotle's Rice Video, and remove the _rgb.png and see if it still works? :) That would be great. Why don't you try it with the pot texture? (located in the Kokiri Forest folder)

Rice said himself that a 32-bit texture from the game MUST also be retextured into a 32-bit PNG. However, that was a long time ago. Glide64 1.22 Napalm lets you use a 24-bit _all.png and it will default the entire image's opacity to 100%. And I have no clue what Mudlord's+Aristotle's Rice Video does.

Last edited: