What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Djipi FINAL CELL MOD 2009 for Zelda OOT

Mollymutt

Really.... I think Djipi has made it clear to everybody that he doesn't want anybody messing around with his work. If you're so good, make your own pack. It's amazing to me that you have the balls to assume you can improve this pack. Like I said, go ahead and start your own pack. There are a lot of good games that can be done. Leave this alone. From the first post....NOBODY must try to modify the pack. I think this says it all. SHEESH!!!

X-Fi6

I'm sorry you and Djipi have a problem with it.

Cleaning the edges and removing the ugly halos left by Djipi caused by the eraser tool and softening the jagged edges in many of the textures will give a nicer end result and will compress better.

Unless this is forbidden cooperation and I'll just not do it.

Last edited:

Emarian

C++ Addict

Cleaning the edges and removing the ugly halos left by Djipi caused by the eraser tool and softening the jagged edges in many of the textures will give a nicer end result and will compress better.

I don't see the problem here.

The issue that Djipi had with people improving his pack is because he was afraid that someone would make some small changes and then do something like make a thread with a title of:

"Someone + Djipi's Cell Mod"

Djipi didn't want anyone stealing credit after five years of work. If X-Fi just makes the changes and uploads the revised pack, I don't see what's wrong. If he went and acted as though he had an equal share on the other hand...

I'm sure Djipi will be fine as long as X-Fi just offers the revised pack and leaves all credit to Djipi.

ctatumt

"NOBODY must try to modify the pack .
You can make some addon for it but do not distribute your work with mine please."-Djipi

Try reading the first page

fernan1234

I really don't see the problem either. Just release your modded textures separately and give all due credit to Djipi.

Go ahead and do it. I for one would definitely welcome any possible improvement for an already great pack.

X-Fi6

Does Rice/Glide64 support greyscale (8-bit) PNGs? If so, how would I name it? _ciByRGBA? What about alpha transparent greyscale (8-bit) PNGs? Yes, such can exist.

I think for alpha transparent ones, I need to name them as _all.png, and for ones that don't use the alpha channel, I'll name them as _ciByRGBA.png.

Edit: Also, in the Kokiri Forest, there are two different textures for the bushes that you can run through and collect rupees in. The _all.png one is darker than the _rgb.png one. So which do I choose?

Last edited:

ReplayTy

Super Mario RPG master
The pack has not background. NOBODY must try to modify the pack .
You can make some addon for it but do not distribute your work with mine please.

seem familiar?

here's a hint, if you make an addon to his pack, and distribute it, we will send link to kick your ass. :p

Kupfel

yeah well it's not like he wants to distribute his work with djipis but rather bugfix the textures because there are tons of duplicates and such. But only Djipi knows if he's alright with it ^^

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
Textures cleanup described by X-Fi6 sounds reasonable, but I would not touch it without the author permission.
From the other side, duplicates removal is not only good thing from anyone point of view – it is necessary step, required for correct work of the pack. I guess, Djipi had not time to clean his work himself, but why he would not allow for somebody else to do it?

Djipi - thanks a lot for your work! I checked it briefly - all environment textures just gorgeous!
I’m going to re-play Zelda with it after new Glide64 release.

OP
D

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
For ujst a cleaning and removal duplicates , no problem. But yes , if someone do that , i really don't know why people must be on the credits. It's just a deleted part and not a work.

I i say again . I don't want a modifie pack distributed with my texture . Addons ok but a big pack with addon AND my textures , no. ^^

Gonetz , happy to see that you like my work^^

IBBIAZ

Getting back on topic, I haven't been here since the beginning, but have been awaiting the completion of this project for over a year now, maybe two, and I've checked back every few weeks/months on the progress.

Haven't gotten the final pack downloaded yet, but everything up to this point has been amazing, and I doubt that I'll be disappointed with the rest. You have supreme dedication to finish this after such a long time.

On a sidenote, just to check: this pack doesn't contain any prerendered textures, correct? If not, are there any addon packs that contain them? Thanks.

cerebus5

IBBIAZ - a lot of work has been done to the pre-renders in the community pack. But it's a bit of a hassle to find them directly.

askl

As for Glide vs. Rice ... there's something that bothers me about both of them. Rice can't keep the aspect ratio when going full screen and Glide doesn't have antialiasing. It really looks a lot better with antialiasing so i rather use rice in window mode and enjoy the better picture quality.
Rice has got a lot of little, annoying quirks. For example, the image of Link in the menu that shows what he has equipped is borked, and doesn't seem to want to unbork regardless of what settings are used. Glide just seems to be more stable. I agree, though, that lack of AA is an issue, so I've taken to forcing it on with my video card. I've got a GeForce 9800M GS, and it's as simple as opening up the control panel and telling it to override application AA settings. I would recommend adjusting it on a per-application basis, as opposed to tweaking global settings. I'd imagine it would be trivial for any semi-modern card, and it works wonders.

Last edited:

Phillip

Rice has got a lot of little, annoying quirks. For example, the image of Link in the menu that shows what he has equipped is borked, and doesn't seem to want to unbork regardless of what settings are used. Glide just seems to be more stable. I agree, though, that lack of AA is an issue, so I've taken to forcing it on with my video card. I've got a GeForce 9800M GS, and it's as simple as opening up the control panel and telling it to override application AA settings. I would recommend adjusting it on a per-application basis, as opposed to tweaking global settings. I'd imagine it would be trivial for any semi-modern card, and it works wonders.

Completely agree with everything about rice. Not only that, but literally every version of rice since 6.12 (or whatever version started having the option to load high res textures) has been completely unstable. The latest versions that people are making that seem to be off-shoots of rice literally crash right away or after a few minutes (or just display texture corruption). I can say that after messing with various plugins for loading high res textures that the new glide is the best. The only problem is, as others have mentioned, there's no option for AA. Forcing it seems to work but introduces a whole lot of other problems in an of itself (the major one being lines that show up where texture connect).

niuus

Avid gamer & multimedia fan
Djipi you missed two textures one is the blue bottle and the other one is the bullet bag (holds 50)
here is the ones i did.
THELEGENDOFZELDA9DEA47E103_all.png

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#9DEA47E1#0#3_all
THELEGENDOFZELDAFC03D1C903_all.png

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#FC03D1C9#0#3_all

Can you upload them here? Is there anything else missing?

Netbattler11

Emarian, will you be posting anymore on the HOWTO thread for Djipi's mod that you started? Because lots of noobs (including me) are having problems that we need an expert for... Are you just gonna leave us in the lurch?

Emarian

C++ Addict
@Netbattler11,
Oh wow, I completely forgot about that thread. I'll take a look right now!

I'm so sorry. :plain:

@Niuus,
Download the pack in my signature.