What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project V6 Development Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

volphor

Problem is likely caused by multiple copies of textures, the current version isnt exactly cleaned up.

Would help if you actually pointed out what textures, there's over 4 thousand textures in the pack at the moment. Hard to try and better the pack if we have no idea what your referring to

I state that just to deveopers keep it in mind... i dont feel like pointed out specific textures; i just tough that some areas looked better than other, because of what i was sayin. My advice would be not try to hard to make it sooo HD , but to keep it harmonic; some texture feel like are designed for a game with like the double of geometry. When i play it i might do a list of areas where textures dont feel good to me.

Hellbringer616

So i searched through the files to try and find the static picture of Link that replaces Zeldas eyes and mouth.. But i can't even find Zeldas textures anywhere, Or the static image of link :/

F

Fanatic 64

The image in the pause menu cannot be replaced since it is dynamically generated by the framebuffer.

mode7

Hey everyone, I don't know if some of you still remember me. I'm currently thinking about doing some texture work again.
My problem is i've totally lost track of this project and I don't know what needs to be done.
Also I'm lacking savestates and therefore the ability to dump certain areas.

Maybe someone could help me out here?

I'm also thinking about redoing kokiri forest. My old textures are ok but they aren't very faithful to the original.

Hellbringer616

Not a save state, But i have a 1.0 ROM save just after finishing Dodongo's cavern, if thats any help.

About Zelda's eyes, if that image is dynamically generated, Why is it in her eyes? Not saying what you say isn't accurate, Just wondering what is going on there.

mendus

I have not been able to replicate that issue, but I remember that sometimes the warp circle after beating a boss was glitched and links image on the framebuffer was copied as texture (in glide plugin) over the light it emits. The one after phantom ganon was glitched almost always, the rest only from time to time.

When this happened getting out of fullscreen solved the issue, probably because the buffer was cleared.

See if someone that knows better can answer.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Hey everyone, I don't know if some of you still remember me. I'm currently thinking about doing some texture work again.
My problem is i've totally lost track of this project and I don't know what needs to be done.
Also I'm lacking savestates and therefore the ability to dump certain areas.

Maybe someone could help me out here?

I'm also thinking about redoing kokiri forest. My old textures are ok but they aren't very faithful to the original.
Woah glad to see you around again mode7!! :) its been a long time.
Just trying to think of a few areas that could probably do with a redo or havent been done at all, the vast majority of the gerudu area. Death mountain has alot to be done as well i think, and also the goron city. I think the water temple could definitely do with a comb over as well. (I should really update the list we have on the main page, looking at it I think ive neglected it a little to much)

I used to have a stash of quite handy saves, but hey seem to of all gone missing at some point :\

mode7

Thanks death-droid.
Seems I'm out of luck. Maybe someone ale can help out with savestates or saves.
I probably should do goron city as this is the one I didn't finish.

So far I've done some work on kokiri forset.
It kind of annoyed me how the old textures didn't have much in common with the original.

This time I'm strictly trying to preserve the look and feel of the original.
Highly WIP

Attachments

• Glide64_THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA_02.png
    Glide64_THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA_02.png
    1 MB · Views: 669

Hellbringer616

Where would you like save states? I haven't beaten the game yet (only up to lord Jabu Jabu) but i would happily get as many as you'd like.

If save states are version dependent, I have the 1.0 ROM

P.S love the new textures!

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Sorry for taking ages to check back in on this post, havent been paying as much attention to emutalk as I used to.

But your new work is look quite good :) and sticking to the original feel and look. Keep it up!!

EmuNoviceUser

Just Having Fun
What's the deal? I blink and discover I have not logged in since New Years of 2013?! Even for an intermediate lurker that never posts that is shameful... especially since I had plans back then to join in on the retexturing. I am both pleased and surprised to see this project is still running!

What happened to N64Redux? I see the domain is up for sale but through viewing Google caching I see no indication that this was an expected eventuality (no news on the front page, for instance.)

Here is a question I have never asked before and the answer may have changed since I last dealt with it: I run Project64 1.6 using Jabo's plugins. Is there a more optimal setup for a Windows 7 x64 system that I should try?

As has been said many times, thank you to everyone that worked for so long on this project. It will soon be 16 years since this game was released, yet it is, in my opinion, still one of the best adventure games ever created.

EDIT: I was looking to compare the pack that I had before and how much has been updated, and I have noticed a number of files with duplicate addresses:

"Hud / Inventory Icons / Equipment / Shields" there are two folders, "Mirror Sheild" and "Mirror Shield" with the same files.

"Hud / Inventory Icons / Map" there is a file showing the boss key, and there is a folder "Boss Key" that contains a single file which uses the same name but is a different image.

"Hud / Inventory Icons / Select Item / Bottles" This directory has files in it and also has subdirectories with contradicting files.

(Ridiculously small details, I know. There are probably more, but I was not expecting to start doing this after already creating a post.)

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

...How are you using this pack with Jabo's video plugin?

Anyway, you could try Project64 2.1, although that version has framerate and timing issues (and cheats don't work). You could also try the latest Rice Video, and look out for GLideN64 next January.

EmuNoviceUser

Just Having Fun
...How are you using this pack with Jabo's video plugin?
*facepalm* Yea, you're right. Jabo's does not allow for high res. I forgot about that. I use it with other games, and it happened to be the one I had currently loaded.

I use Glide64 'Napalm WX' release 1 and have a few versions of Rice that I have gone though (I probably should see if any of these are unnecessary now.)

Thank you for the suggestions.

F

Fanatic 64

The newest Jabo (PJ64 1.7+) supports high resolution textures, but in it's own format incompatible with Rice.

Also get Glide64 Final, it's a much newer version.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

What's the deal? I blink and discover I have not logged in since New Years of 2013?! Even for an intermediate lurker that never posts that is shameful... especially since I had plans back then to join in on the retexturing. I am both pleased and surprised to see this project is still running!

What happened to N64Redux? I see the domain is up for sale but through viewing Google caching I see no indication that this was an expected eventuality (no news on the front page, for instance.)

Here is a question I have never asked before and the answer may have changed since I last dealt with it: I run Project64 1.6 using Jabo's plugins. Is there a more optimal setup for a Windows 7 x64 system that I should try?

As has been said many times, thank you to everyone that worked for so long on this project. It will soon be 16 years since this game was released, yet it is, in my opinion, still one of the best adventure games ever created.

EDIT: I was looking to compare the pack that I had before and how much has been updated, and I have noticed a number of files with duplicate addresses:

"Hud / Inventory Icons / Equipment / Shields" there are two folders, "Mirror Sheild" and "Mirror Shield" with the same files.

"Hud / Inventory Icons / Map" there is a file showing the boss key, and there is a folder "Boss Key" that contains a single file which uses the same name but is a different image.

"Hud / Inventory Icons / Select Item / Bottles" This directory has files in it and also has subdirectories with contradicting files.

(Ridiculously small details, I know. There are probably more, but I was not expecting to start doing this after already creating a post.)

haha yeah :) project still has managed to keep alive, even if progress isn't as huge as it once was.

N64Redux chose to close awhile ago now, I dont think it ever became the success the owner would of liked, and it was also released when emutalk.net was having some serious server issues and was down for days at a time.

As much of a lover of Rice Video as I am, Glide is probably the best plugin to get the most accurate and complete play through of games..

The last release of the project wasn't exactly the most clean and best put together, the one sitting on my computer is much more updated but still hasn't had enough added to it to really justify a new release.

Hellbringer616

This reminds me, I've been having issues with shop item textures. When i go into the shop, All the items are a silver metal, Or i guess look like that. Using PJ64 2.1, Glide final (not the one that came with PJ64) if thats any help.
I've been plagued by it for a while, But too lazy to post haha.

As for a release, I'd say if it has any major texture bug fixes, Or the pack is cleaned up a lot, do a small release (v6.1?) May just generate enough attention to pull some more artists in ya know? Plus since there are duped files in the archive it may fix some bugs people may be having.

Last edited:

EmuNoviceUser

Just Having Fun
So what should I do if I find any particular texture bugs (for example, I had an issue with a shadow texture not lining up with the item texture in a dialog box) since I do not have the most recent release? Or if I find any textures that have not been touched that I change since the project has slowed down so greatly? Send a PM to you, death--droid?

(I say this not even knowing how I can find the addresses for textures that have not been fixed yet. Ignorance is not always bliss.)

Status
Not open for further replies.