What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project V6 Development Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
This pack requires above average system resources.

This archive is not endorsed by the authors of this project, with that being stated don't pester them with any problem that may or may not occur.

6.0 LOZOOT.DAT

This file was made by the Glide64 plugin.
There are 17 parts to this archive, so be sure to download them all.

Follow the links in my signature if you have any trouble.

Last edited:

Hellbringer616

So this has been bugging me for a while now.. If this pack is still being updated (hopefully it is) the capital P is a lowercase P

If the font can be provided I'll happily fix and release it

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Been awhile since ive done texture work, but i dont think these look to bad.
BEFORE:
THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA_4.png

AFTER:
THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA_3.png

Larger screenshot to show it off better
  Spoiler:

THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA_5.jpg

THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA_6.jpg

EDIT:
Desaturated the overlaying texture so the greens and the red dont over show through as they do in the screenshots above

EDIT:
Would just like to thank you to the kind souls who have donated money towards me, it is greatly appreciated and will definitely be put to good use!. Thank you very much for your generosity

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

More texture work. Forgot how long texturing takes :p
Before:
THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA_21.jpg

After:
THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA_20.jpg

Going to get Bottom of the well completely done, then go through the shadow temple to see what is missing since im fairly sure these two areas may share a few textures

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Hmmm yeah looking at the I have to agree with you, I will darken them down a bit :p

EDIT: Going to have a late night texturing night tonight guys ^_^ Hopefully be able to produce more work

Last edited:

Hellbringer616

The project is starting back up? awesome!Again, since you're texturing.. Any chance you could fix the lower case P being in place of a capital P?

Perceptron

Does this texture pack work with the Master Quest version? My internet is way to slow to download this and to find out it doesn't work. (I'd also hate to have to restart on the regular version :p)

Looks awesome from the screenshots though, great job!

Perceptron

It does if you rename all the files

Every single texture file? Or just a folder name? As long as its just changing a similar variable in each name (i.e 'the-legend-of-zelda-floor.png' -> 'masterquest-floor.png') I'd be fine doing this, but since the files are in a zip I can't see there names, any possibly you could take a screenshot?

I've never tinkered around with emulators before, the helps appreciated!

F

Fanatic 64

It should work with a standard ROM like Master Quest (U) [!], which has the internal name "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA" instead of "ZELDA MASTER QUEST". Or you could change that with an hexadecimal editor.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

The project is starting back up? awesome!Again, since you're texturing.. Any chance you could fix the lower case P being in place of a capital P?
Yes the project is starting back up :p Ill go hunt it down and fix it >.< Should be a quick fix.

Does this texture pack work with the Master Quest version? My internet is way to slow to download this and to find out it doesn't work. (I'd also hate to have to restart on the regular version :p)

Looks awesome from the screenshots though, great job!

The pack out of the box doesn't support Master Quest, but as like Fanatic64 and ExtremeDude2 said its just requires renaming the front part of all the textures from THE LEGEND OF ZELDA to ZELDA MASTER QUEST.
Oh and also renaming the folder to ZELDA MASTER QUEST.

F

Fanatic 64

As I mentioned, that's only needed with the hacked (E) [f1] and (E) [h1C] ROMs. (E) [!] and (U) [!] should work out of the box. Modifying the ROM is also easier than renaming 4000+ files in Windows Explorer.

loserspearl

I am trying to get this to work but during the initial texture load I get an error causing the load to hang. The file this consistently happens on is "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#DF2E2D24#2#1#1BA24557_ciByRGBA.png". The error states: CN64System::Emulation...exception caught File...n64 class.cpp Line: 258
All settings are proper and am using the proper plugins.

Djipi texture pack works but I prefer the look of this.

volphor

some textures are are way too sharp...dont look too good, because feel not co-related to the polygonal level of the game; textures might look detailed but dont feel natural; in other words, you can note that they are inserted; feel out of context. Other than that it is amazing

OP
death--droid

death--droid

I am trying to get this to work but during the initial texture load I get an error causing the load to hang. The file this consistently happens on is "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#DF2E2D24#2#1#1BA24557_ciByRGBA.png". The error states: CN64System::Emulation...exception caught File...n64 class.cpp Line: 258
All settings are proper and am using the proper plugins.

Djipi texture pack works but I prefer the look of this.
Problem is likely caused by multiple copies of textures, the current version isnt exactly cleaned up.

some textures are are way too sharp...dont look too good, because feel not co-related to the polygonal level of the game; textures might look detailed but dont feel natural; in other words, you can note that they are inserted; feel out of context. Other than that it is amazing

Would help if you actually pointed out what textures, there's over 4 thousand textures in the pack at the moment. Hard to try and better the pack if we have no idea what your referring to

Clarityman

Hey everyone, I've seen videos of this retexturing but I had never applied it myself... until now. And it is absolutely breathtaking. I think it's absolutely beautiful in every way. I have it working fine with Glide64 and the patched Project64 2.1 exe, took some research but everything works and it was so worth it.

I'm trying to share the OOT experience with my girlfriend, it'll be her first time going through the game, and I want her to be able to enjoy it with these amazing textures. Everyone should play through OOT at least once, right?

But there's one thing that's really bothering me. When you encounter Zelda for the first time in the castle, her face glitches out. I caught a screenshot seen below. Sometimes it affects her eyes and it appears to be a black and white version of Link (not Shadow Link, but regular Link in black and white). I wanted to catch an additional screen of that one but I screwed it up.

I want to share the image but it seems I don't have permission to post an image in HTML format yet, or even a URL.

Anyone encounter this issue? Or know what I can do about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.