What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project V6 Development Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

volphor

for some reason, i could never load this pack, it always crash loading the textures, its the only pack that dont work for me, i guess is because the textures are a bit bigger than the other packs, and this laptop cant handle it, maybe...

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
thats because you failed at reading the 100 or so posts instructing you to patch the project64 executable with large address aware, and that it required 32bit with bcedit set userva=3072 or /3GB or 64bit.

wers45

thats the best texture pack i've ever seen. crazy thing is that the download has ~750mb but the created cache file is only about 169mb

Jerry Trayford

Which video plugin should I use for this?

Glide64 doesn't have the garbled mess that is Link on the Equipment screen, but it loads textures painfully slowly (And some textures don't even load, tried with both Alternative CRC method checked or unchecked.)
If I let Glide load the cache file to load textures faster, a ton of textures don't even load (at all, not even the original texture loads.)
I am left with 1964 video plugin and Rice's video plugin.

1964 plugin has most textures rendering properly, such as the background of the Bazaar, but some others seem to not load for me.
Rice's video plugin, on the other hand, has the area's names text showing up in hires as intended (which 1964 didn't do for some reason), but the background of the Bazaar doesn't load.

Using Ocarina of Time (U) v1.0 rom (The GC version had several textures not loading, which the original N64 version loaded properly.)

OP
death--droid

death--droid

@Wers45, the cached file in Glide64 is that much smaller because it compresses the textures as well, also I dont think Glide or Rice actually have the compatability to put the game in a true widescreen-mode.

@Jerry Trayford, all textures should load fine using 1964Video, or my latest RiceVideo since thats what ive tested all the textures on, and the majority of the textures have been dumped and saved from, there might be a slight problem with the whole tmem thing if some textures arent loading, let me know if switching tmem on and off makes any difference

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
this pack works perfect with glide64, some of the large back drops need to be run through a special version of glide64 to break them down into tile though

underfrance

thats because you failed at reading the 100 or so posts instructing you to patch the project64 executable with large address aware, and that it required 32bit with bcedit set userva=3072 or /3GB or 64bit.

fyi, searching here results in an absolute dearth of tutorials or links to the LAA patch executable. either they're buried or i'm blind or something, but every single fucking one is just some dude saying 'yeah, bro, i LAA patched', rather than linking to it. google actually links to you saying, back in 2011 on the pj64 forums, that you don't know where to get a patch.

I finally found the goddamn thing on the code tracker for Glide64, issue 222, for all future searchers (can't link, am peasant).

OP
death--droid

death--droid

I have no idea what the heck you were googling underfance, but all i did was google LAA patch and it was the first link that popped up on its search results.

talker

I hope you people don't mind me for uploading some screenshots of your work. I just think it looks so awesome!

Attachments

• THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-0.png
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-0.png
    780.6 KB · Views: 149
  • THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-1.png
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-1.png
    985.9 KB · Views: 151
  • THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-2.png
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 159
  • THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-4.png
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-4.png
    965.7 KB · Views: 146
  • THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-6.png
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-6.png
    622.1 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

yarno

problems with running

Hey guys,
looking really nice, great work!
I wanted to try the Hi Res Pack but pj64 crashes all the time loading the textures.

I have win xp 32bit do I have to install the Laa patch here also? For the video plugin I have glide64 as approved.
My system:
dual core 2,5ghz
ram 1,75 gb
gpu radeon hd 7770 oc

greetings

EDIT: Heres a good link to an explanation why and how you have to patch your program w w w . techpowerup .c o m/ forums/ showthread.php?t=112556
So for me it would be useless to patch because I've less than 3gb Ram or did I something misunderstand?

Last edited:

MaGicBush

Wow great project! I wish I had some artistic skills to help out with finishing it, but alas I am more of a programmer. I found out a few days ago people have been retexturing a lot of N64 games(I left the emulation scene long ago) and being able to play these classics with HD textures is great. I have not had a chance to play OOT much(going to start over and go through the game again with this pack), so hopefully it's mostly done as the starting area looks great! If not I suppose I could use the cell shaded pack but I am not a fan of cell shading.

Anyways hopefully you guys can pick up the project again, and you have my full support :D.

EmuNoviceUser

Just Having Fun
(I originally planned on asking a plugin question, but things seem to be working for the moment now, so maybe I will come back to that at a later time.)

I'm curious to know if this project is still active (ie: new textures designed but possibly not fully tested and not released into the pack).

Second, I am a little turned around trying to find an "official" page. Is this topic considered the official page now? It used to be/started on this site, right? Then I found things on N64 Redux last year, but then the topics there are a little confusing because one of them leads back here saying this site is official, yet they still have data over there on what needs work, but I don't know if that is kept up to date... *dizzy*

I once said that I would like to try and add my talent (if you can call it that) to the project, but the response I received was a bit weighted as if I wouldn't be able to help unless I was really good and willing to mainly work on minor details. (But I just downloaded v6 an hour ago, was wandering around, and saw a lot of work that had not yet been done... even if they are things like walls of small rooms.

Am I making any sense? Can I get some clarification, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.