What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project V6 Development Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
death--droid

death--droid

:| Chaoszerox, the plant itself is meant to be grass, the one in the current pack might look bad and is not like the original but it still represents the same thing where as your's does not even tho yours does look really good and just doesn't represent grass like the original texture did. What we do need is a real remake of the original texture.

@Hyperion thats a lot better but I'm not so keen on the new wall texture, that new colour stands out way to much it needs to be closer to the main wall colour(The creamy colour). Also the flowers are way to big now, I preferred them when they were more flat. The detail on them is good tho :p And also what Chaoszerox said about the shadows

Last edited:

chaoszerox

hires_texture
:| Chaoszerox, the plant itself is meant to be grass, the one in the current pack might look bad and is not like the original but it still represents the same thing where as your's does not even tho yours does look really good and just doesn't represent grass like the original texture did. What we do need is a real remake of the original texture.

@Hyperion thats a lot better but I'm not so keen on the new wall texture, that new colour stands out way to much it needs to be closer to the main wall colour(The creamy colour). Also the flowers are way to big now, I preferred them when they were more flat. The detail on them is good tho :p And also what Chaoszerox said about the shadows
I think it looks like an aloe plant to be honest >.<

Wow you're right, they call it grass ingame...Well what kind of grass comes in such small patches and looks like an aloe vera plant...
It also fails to explain why the texture used in the animation in cutting the grass looks exactly like a leaf.
I'll work on one that looks like grass now!
EDIT:This looks like something I can't do well >.<
I'd really like to see how mode would tackle this!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Anyone got any update on there work at the moment, I haven't really talked much lately on here or done any work sadly, Hey! Listen! kind of knocked a lot of my enthusiasm out of me :|

Emarian

C++ Addict
I'm trying to get the time to work on the text. Got kicked out of my old house though and settling into my new place...but it's also about time to stop excusing myself and just find a way to do it.

I'm working on it.

EDIT:
Oh yeah d--d, Hey! Listen! is a moron. Ignore him. You have no idea how much some of us appreciate you and the other major contributors for this pack. I've checked both threads every day looking for new work since I noticed the project with only a few gaps in the checks and that resulted from major life changes. You have no idea how important this is to some of us; every time I see yours or someone else's updates to the pack, I examine the new work and smile. :)

Last edited:
I'm still working on the Happy Mask Shop, fixed most of the errors I had, but I'm having some trouble with the shadows.
I was hoping to finish them soon to give an update, but I had a very very busy, almost horrible month, and I had not much free time to work on it :(
I may be able to give a full update next week as soon as I get the shadows done, so don't lose hope :)

About "Hey! Listen!", just ignore him (as Emarian said too ;) ), you have done a great job so far and I encourage you to continue! I'm very glad to be able to help you and other contributors and helpers to complete this pack and we can make it!!

So again, ignore those that only want to cause trouble..... you can find those y every forum and they don't deserve our attention at all. Listen to those of us that actually care about the pack, and you'll see you have our support! :)

Datadayne

My computer with all my work broke (thats the second computer now). I needed to save last months income and buy a new computer. I tried to put my hard drive in and its not the same connection. Good news is I ordered a harddrive enclosure so that I can connect the old harddrive to my new pc,, oh and my new pc will be able to render much faster, plus I can add much more effects and details to my new renders that I couldnt with my old pc.

Only problem is im a little busy lately, school, work, bunch of other stuff,,, geez. Come December I should have plenty of time,, I hope.

Talk to you guys later,
Dd

Fak

I think it could be helpful to put some information in the first post as to wich emulator and plugins to use. Maybe with some links.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

@Datadune that really sucks, hopefully you'll be able to contribue soon :) Hopefully I'll start doing some more work again as well soon, I'm also busy with school and others stuff :|

Phantom7

Evil Spirit From Beyond
Hey, I'm willing to do some work on Gerudo Valley/Fortress/Wasteland/Colossus and the Shadow Temple, if that's okay. I've also been editing a few other textures, fixing some of the problems with blurry and dull textures, and adding textures such as effects, signs, bombs, magic, and hearts. I've come very close to finishing a complete OoT texture pack before, so I have plenty of experience.

Datadayne

Started modelling house of know it all brothers a few days ago.

Very early renders, I have some major work to do on the lighting and I need to adjust a few textures.
2cfvajc.png

34e6bya.png

And does anyone know what that thing behind the tree stump table is suppose to be. I wasnt too sure so I modeled what my eyes saw.
oa5hs3.png

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
It could be either window or a board to hang things on, I'd go with Window personally

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Now after ET is back and ass kicking will this thread move back to ET or should I just close here?

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Hmmm, im not sure MasterPhW, if people want it to move back here, then im fine with it... i cant make the desicsion myself for two reasons, 1 this is a community project and two im not in a stable mental state at the moment.

P

Pokemaniacs

I don't think it is right to just "move back" because ET is now back with a new look.
People over there gave you a "new home" and help you out in your times of needs, it will be most "dishonourable" to do such a thing.

Just my thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.