What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Wave Race 64 Soft Mod

The Dave

top9mt.jpg

WaveRace 64 Soft-Mod version 0.1

This is a hi-res replacement mod for Wave Race 64. Inspired by cel-shaded work, the goal of this mod is to give the game a softer, cartoon like feel. It is in my opinion that a realistic pack wouldn't work well with the game's low polygon count.

This pack is currently still in development, and is being released to help get feedback, and because with limited time to work on it I felt it's at a state I can release. This is why I am labeling this version 0.1, I will go to 1.0 once I have every texture included.

Textures that cannot be replaced:
These textures, for whatever reason, cannot be replaced by Rice's plug-in.
- Full Screen Start Screen Logo
- Opening N64 Logo
- Marine Fortress Sky

Known Missing Textures:
- Stunt Mode Point Numbers
- The word "Stunt" when completing a stunt
- 2nd Place rank during Stat scroll at end of championship
- 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place rank titles shown at end of race
- Time Up graphic (Well it's there, but the order is messed up)
- All riders and animals

Known Issues:
- Crowd in Sunny Beach not tiled at all
- Many of Drake Lake is not really done, that one hump is a place holder and the ground under the trees needs to be revised

I'm probably forgetting a ton of things on this list, but I rather just post this already instead of thinking about the specifics of the mod.

Pack available at http://www.emulation64.com/files/info/1041/

Last edited by a moderator:

darknior

Darknior
Thanks to make this new forum for your work :D
And explain stats of your work too ...

I like your work ;)
Do you think you will end it ?

OP
T

The Dave

I promise I will have the game 100% retextured eventually. It's actually fairly close now, like 90% or more.

I really wish I could retexture the main logo, I would switch it out to the one in my sig. I got the textures for it, but I guess they're encrypted like the Zelda pre-rendered BGs.

darknior

Darknior
I understand :D
I dont know this story of encrypted texture like in "Zelda pre-rendered BGs"

I think you can't do nothing, if the video pluggin not update this fonction, no ?

OP
T

The Dave

The ability to replaces such textures may never be available.

So has anyone tried this? Anyone want to give feedback. That was the reason I released it. The game is almost fully textured, I thought you kids like that.

Vanit

I'm afraid this game has a very small fanbase. For this same reason I stopped working on my Goemons Great Adventure pack, which has only had around 50 downloads to date.

Kerber2k

I downloaded the pack not too long ago. Simply brilliant whole new feel to the game as I expected, the only thing that bothered me is the water effects...I mean they were better represented in-game than in the pictures obviously, but there might be better ways to create the effect your going for no? I couldnt even find the watter effects to test different methods so there no way I could know for sure, but I have ideas. I feel whatever comes next will be more of the same, and this is good. Finally a consistantly good pack is on its way to completion. Kids make up a good portion of the community, and not to say that their input isnt welcome, but I belive it needs to be constructive for the most part. Im just a kid at heart anyhow....:bouncy:

OP
T

The Dave

Kerber in this current pack ther is a folder called "Water" if you want to try your own hand at playing with the effect.

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
This pack has that certain quality to it that makes people actually want to play it. Great work!

bridegur

I don't mean to be a bother, but I've searched through the help threads and I have no idea what settings I should be using. I'm dying to try this pack, and it loads, but it's not working right. What are the recommended settings?

bridegur

Well, the textures all load correctly, but everything seems to be flickering, a lot of textures often overlap each other, and the sky goes black a lot. Any ideas?

By the way, despite the technical troubles, it looks like it's going to be perfect. Good job so far!

bridegur

Okay, I figured it out, I needed to turn on the vertex clipper. All the textures look good now, but does anyone have any tips for speeding it up?

OP
T

The Dave

Sadly no, I was wondering if there would ever be a way for rice to make a "run at 60fps) option in his plugin because wave race could definitely use the boost.