WaveRace 64 Soft-Mod version 0.1
This is a hi-res replacement mod for Wave Race 64. Inspired by cel-shaded work, the goal of this mod is to give the game a softer, cartoon like feel. It is in my opinion that a realistic pack wouldn't work well with the game's low polygon count.
This pack is currently still in development, and is being released to help get feedback, and because with limited time to work on it I felt it's at a state I can release. This is why I am labeling this version 0.1, I will go to 1.0 once I have every texture included.
Textures that cannot be replaced:
These textures, for whatever reason, cannot be replaced by Rice's plug-in.
- Full Screen Start Screen Logo
- Opening N64 Logo
- Marine Fortress Sky
Known Missing Textures:
- Stunt Mode Point Numbers
- The word "Stunt" when completing a stunt
- 2nd Place rank during Stat scroll at end of championship
- 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place rank titles shown at end of race
- Time Up graphic (Well it's there, but the order is messed up)
- All riders and animals
- Crowd in Sunny Beach not tiled at all
- Many of Drake Lake is not really done, that one hump is a place holder and the ground under the trees needs to be revised
I'm probably forgetting a ton of things on this list, but I rather just post this already instead of thinking about the specifics of the mod.
Pack available at http://www.emulation64.com/files/info/1041/
Last edited by a moderator: