What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

teh ~Xiaos~ official paper mario retexturing project

dartdude6

Mmm... Retextures....
EDIT: added toad patch to the first post (guy and girl)
releasing a pack soon (mario, peach and bowser done first)
Thank you! I really wanted some updated mario sprites for a long time. And ok I understand. No Thousand-Year Textures.

Driscol

annoying you for over a year!
good job, and idea!, but this has allready been done, ill stick to the original retexture, but you are doing a fantastic job, btw, the star rod has mickey mouses head on it...

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
good job, and idea!, but this has allready been done, ill stick to the original retexture, but you are doing a fantastic job, btw, the star rod has mickey mouses head on it...

lol mickey mouse!! yeah I'll change it.

But it's allready been done.. what do you mean??
you mean mollymutt's pack??
anyway peach is well on the way and I'm working on mario [got the jumping frames]

Thanks always for the sprite sheets Mollymutt, they help alot!

here's a screen of the progress

*Update*

~Castle redone, some flora, Peach, another toad, and Mario~

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
So far those recent updates look great! Also, I'm not sure on this, but has there been work done on the text bubble?

heh, thanks for noticing!! xD
yes I redid the text bubble because it looked "funny"; and I love the way the castle turned out (I made the walls spontaneously...)

but yeah, I'm trying to get a lot of work done so i have something to show for the time I was gone.

Last edited:
OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
thanks datadayne, haven't seen you in a while; you get on MSN at all??

Anything needs to be changed???

I'm touching up toad town right now; finishing roofs, finding "lost textures", walls, and stuff like that.
Screens of Toad Town:
Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

I think I'll finish the toad knights sometime soon and then move to random characters, bowser and finish up peach and mario.

Last edited:

Datadayne

thanks datadayne, haven't seen you in a while; you get on MSN at all??
Anything needs to be changed???

Im on msn really late at nights.

The one thing I think that need to be corrected is the blue curtain. Its very good, but the sides need to be cleaned and smoothed out. But thats all.

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
Im on msn really late at nights.

The one thing I think that need to be corrected is the blue curtain. Its very good, but the sides need to be cleaned and smoothed out. But thats all.

I actually did not like that texture either, thanks for the advice; I'll tackle it soon.

heh, found another room in the castle that needed some real help...

original:

Untitled-3.jpg

*new*

Untitled-1-1.jpg

Untitled-2-1.jpg

tayce T. (right??)... the cook toad:

Last edited by a moderator:

animalforest

Dude, this looks sweet. I like how Mario looks like somebody ran him through a high resolution scanner! Keep up the good work! Oh yeah, and some advice for toad. Where his head meets his "hat", maybe try to put a very, very thin line to seperate them.

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
changed curtain, knight toads, and changed Tayce T.

the curtain is giving me issues; tell me what you think about it

knight toads:

PAPERMARIO39BA261F201C05642B_ciByRG.png
PAPERMARIO39BA261F206F538273_ciByRG.png
PAPERMARIO39BA261F202A858285_ciByRG.png

Last edited:
OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
vectors... hmm I've vaguely heard that term but I'll look it up later today.
thanks man

UnaidedCoder

Your Better Half
He's talking about the pen and shape tools.

However I sill think they need some primitive shades to make em look badass :p

Datadayne

You really need to learn how to use vectors. They will make your shapes much smoother

They really make the picture better. It takes time to get used to. Anyways, I like the new look of the curtain. Just make it height smaller so its not cut on the bottom.

Also, try using the pollygonal lasso tool.