What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

teh ~Xiaos~ official paper mario retexturing project

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
hmm, well I'm in the same situation I was in earlier... I can't think of a style for the characters... I want to make my own but I can't seem to think of anything... I don't know if this pack is going to make it, I need to define my style, but I'll have more info later...

krimb1

Hey DDRPIP I'm an newb when it comes to N64 texturing so I don't think I can help that way but I just wanted to say how wonderful your textures are!

Don't stop man! Looking forward to playing the game with your textures! (Won't play untill then =D )

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
oh, well thanks~ ^^ well I'm busy as of right now, I'll pick up the progress soon though, I'll have an update soon.

Datadayne

Hey DDRPIP.

Your's and mollymutts texture packs are very very good. They are the only pack I am currently eager to see done.

I was wondering if you are still working on this. Its been a long time since you had an update. But if your busy, I understand. Just let us know if this is dead. (I sure hope not)

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
well actually i was about to make an update!!! i just saw your comment but I've started it up again... I'm starting the flora and stuff what do you think??
A small update.. and yes, I am starting again~~

:party:IKicking the project up!!:party:

:bouncy: Mario's house:bouncy:

Here's a screen of mario's house. Tell me what you think of the flora as that is what I just updated...

This project is officially back, any comments, praise or criticism, is appreciated, as it betters the pack...

Glad to be doing it again, even if this is just a small update...

All right, these toads are much better; they actually move!!....yeah... :plain:
they look better in game, so test it out for yourself with this pack!!

:flowers: Xiaos's Paper Mario v0.1 :flowers:

This pack includes Mario's house (most), Toad Town, and Peach's castle (Most) and The toads~ :D

Here's some screens; they aren't the best but test Paper Mario in game to see what they actually look like... anyway...
Working on Mario for now, I'll get a couple frames and update soon~:king:

edited first post; added v0.1 link.~

Last edited by a moderator:

Datadayne

Yeah, they're better than the old ones. Im glad to hear that you are still working on this. Im downloading right now.

Datadayne

ok, the rest of the textures are really nice. But I changed toad just a bit because it became slightly noticeable that all the toads were the same.

Use it if you like.

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
when I tried they looked funny... hmm.. how about changing their vests with the colors??? like red toad with red vest, green with green, etc.??
thanks for contributing dude :D

Edit:
Allright got em.. what do you think of these?

pack of them to test if you want... if you like em I'll change all the frames~
Personally I like them much more.. and my sister does, too! xD

Last edited:

Datadayne

I dont like the lime guy. That color looks very cheap if you know what im saying. But I like the Idea of separating the vest colors.

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
cool, i felt the same way, I'll change the color...

how 'bout this??

off to bed, quick update.. patch it over the toads~

Last edited:

dartdude6

Mmm... Retextures....
Great work so far! I've downloaded everything from this set so far! I bet it's possible to make this game look like The Thousand-Year Door! Oh, and I'm new to retexturing and was wondering... Could you rip sprites from TtyD and put them into this game?

Datadayne

Great work so far! I've downloaded everything from this set so far! I bet it's possible to make this game look like The Thousand-Year Door! Oh, and I'm new to retexturing and was wondering... Could you rip sprites from TtyD and put them into this game?

Ripping gamecube textures and then putting them into these games would be illegal because its redistributing the textures.

however, you can try making textures from scratch look like thousand year door.

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
Stupid graphics card

Well.. i don't have the rom and I'm not good with ripping >.< maybe datadayne can... and I'm not doing TtYD pack; [if you're insisting you want to] then that's awesome and I'll be here for questions (check stickies, make a thread, or msg me on MSN or something) but yeah..

*update*

I'm editing the textures that didn't match or make sence right now; hence the talk icon.. I'm also tackling any textures that I haven't attempted; flora, buildings, and all the areas.
Once I'm satisfied with how it looks, I'll finish the toads and go to mario. =]

Last edited:

dartdude6

Mmm... Retextures....
Well.. i don't have the rom and I'm not good with ripping >.< maybe datadayne can... and I'm not doing TtYD pack; [if you're insisting you want to] then that's awesome and I'll be here for questions (check stickies, make a thread, or msg me on MSN or something) but yeah..
I would definitely upload TtyD textures, but I don't have the stuff to rip a GC disc. If anyone around here can rip TtyD textures to put in a retexturing pack. Please say so because that could help this project out alot. I will do whatever I can for this project, but I'm not that good with Photoshop or Gimp. Thanks again for all the retexturing so far! It is amazing!

I'm editing the textures that didn't match or make sence right now; hence the talk icon.. I'm also tackling any textures that I haven't attempted; flora, buildings, and all the areas.
Once I'm satisfied with how it looks, I'll finish the toads and go to mario. =]
I just checked out your new files and made screenshots to show some of them off. Well, at least the the talk bubble and the curtain...
PAPERMARIO-3.jpg

PAPERMARIO-4.jpg

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
Ripping gamecube textures and then putting them into these games would be illegal because its redistributing the textures.

however, you can try making textures from scratch look like thousand year door.

Take his advice... just edit and try to make it look like TtYD...
anyway those screens aren't the work i wanted, but thanks I'll talk with datadayne about it.

dartdude6

Mmm... Retextures....
Take his advice... just edit and try to make it look like TtYD...
anyway those screens aren't the work i wanted, but thanks I'll talk with datadayne about it.
Ok , I know what you mean. No injecting TtyD Sprites. Still, if I can do anything besides photoshop or use gimp for this, I'll help out.

Datadayne

Hey DDRPIP and dartdude. If you guys need some pics of thousand year door or super paper mario, I have both of the games so I can take pictures and post them if you want.

(but first I want to make sure im not doing anything wrong, im gonna ask a mod)

dartdude6

Mmm... Retextures....
Hey DDRPIP and dartdude. If you guys need some pics of thousand year door or super paper mario, I have both of the games so I can take pictures and post them if you want.

(but first I want to make sure im not doing anything wrong, im gonna ask a mod)

ill post some thousand year pics once u get the ok from the mods.

OP
DDRPIP

DDRPIP

The One and Only
...I don't want TtYD sprites; sorry datadayne but talk to dartdude about it; I don't want them [my pack is not gonna do that kind of retexture] thanks always though..

Allright female toads:
PAPERMARIO4BC6988520C0C2AA2A_ciByRG.png

PAPERMARIO4BC6988520C84B140D_ciByRG.png

tell me what you think

ill post some thousand year pics once u get the ok from the mods.

please don't post in my thread; start your own because i don't want the thread flooded with TtYD sprites and textures, k?

allright fixed the graphical error.. the mario texture was crashing the emulator... hmm
anyway I'll update the girl toads soon.

~Toad Girls~

Here's the green and pink (red..?) toad girls
scrrens aren't the best; so download the patch! :king:

Tell me what you think.

EDIT: added toad patch to the first post (guy and girl)
releasing a pack soon (mario, peach and bowser done first)