What's new

Rice Video 5.9.9 release as it, merry christmas and happy new year to emutalk members

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Oh oh, a bug was found, the greenery and carrot objects are messed up.
The bug don't exist with version 5.6.0.

Last edited:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Wow!!! The sun is now being rendered properly in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time!!!

But, I did notice another bug. When in Kokiri Forest, I noticed that some characters were missing. I can give you a screenshot of that problem.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Why don't you post a shot instead of saying you can? :plain:

Anyway, thanks for the release Rice. Great present. Merry (belated) Christmas to everyone. :)

Trotterwatch

For Conkers just change the frame update mode - experiment to find the best one for you.

Only prob I've noticed in Conkers is the lighting on the main character is a little whacked - lights on/off every second. Probably a setting though, so I'm not reporting it as a bug ;)

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
Well, I guess this is due to the still not completely implemented lightning in CBFD (no shadows, for example).

By the way: Is it just me? I still don't see any improvements with the clipping...

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
Ummm... could anyone pleeeze tell me his plugin settings, because the camera still spins totally weird in Conker's BFD (only when controlling him, not in cut-scenes).

Gelon.com

Que pasa neng!
WOW

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon looks great now

snag000044ab.jpg

snag000124uy.jpg

snag000217mr.jpg

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Trotterwatch said:
For Conkers just change the frame update mode - experiment to find the best one for you.

Only prob I've noticed in Conkers is the lighting on the main character is a little whacked - lights on/off every second. Probably a setting though, so I'm not reporting it as a bug ;)

Your tall grass patches look OK. For me, version 5.9.9 causes Conker's Bad Fur Day to have the tall grass patches surrounded with squares and the carrots to have vertical lines on them!!! It seems like 5.9.9 perhaps broke compatibility with GeForce 4 Tis with Detonator 44.03. Because I have to use 5.6.0 for the grass patches to be rendered properly and I don't want to use driver version 56.72 or later, because then my video card will start performing poorly.

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Nope - it wasn't fine at first, like I said in my post, experiment with changing the frame update mode; this fixes the problem.

AVFC2004

RICE this plugin is very good indeed and I know you must have worked very hard to get it into the state it is in now. However Rice is there any chance of you getting Donkey Kong 64 to perform properly. For me the game is extremely fast and that is after changing the counter factor from 4 to 1.
If there is the possibilty of you getting it to work smoothly then you will be a GOD as I love that game.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Only thing wrong with mystical ninja, check out the little box at the bottom's textures... they are half messed up. theres a shot up the page. This isn't the only time i've noticed things like this.. I saw it in Mickeys Speed Raceway whatever its called :p

edit: heres some shots

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

To fix all 3, just go into the current game options in Rices plugin, and enable:
Alternative texture size calculation :)

Mickeys Speedway has severe clipping issues for me though - probably fixable though with a bit of tinkering I guess.

Last edited:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
I just found out for myself that the same is true. I wasn't required to change anything with version 5.6.0 to get the ground object to be rendered properly.

I was going to give people the heads up about this.

cybz

Hey ppl this is my first post on the forum and i'm kinda new to n64 emulation too

I'm having some problem with the plugin and it can probably be fixed in settings or something.I have textures problems, they seems to be flashing on the screen. They are not missing, it's just weird

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
These glitches are caused by the software vertex clipper. It is too bad that I didn't not catch them myself.