Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
khanmeister said:
In response to the software clipper question:

I *believe* that a software clipper is like a z buffer culling thing, allowing distance and objects to appear better and or in the right order. Hopefully someone more knowldegable can clarify this better, and or tell me I'm ridiculously wrong.

Happy Valentine's, Cyber Geeks! :D
:inlove:

Not a bad explanation, but I guess I can give a better one.

Games graphics are rendered as triangles. Each triangle is determined by 3 vertexes. A triangle could be completely or partially out of screen as its vertexes go out of screen in X, Y and Z direction. The process of clipping is to chop the triangle along the boundary by converting the triangle to 1 or more in-bound triangles.

ryanraab

Rice are you looking for beta testers? Just wondering! Like do you need any beta testers when there is a huge release coming out.

Edit: Also for now I'm using Jaba's graphics plugin because of the pausing problem and battle tanks doesn't crash. Pausing problem happens in perfect dark and a couple more. Also Jaba is the closest to make starcraft 64 look better.

Your Opengl mode is better then directx mode for me but then there is the pausing from opengl mode. So it kinda sucks. Hope you get it fixed I like rices plugin better but there is just a few bugs guessing by these 2 new releases. I'm going to mess around with it see if I can get it working.

P.S If there wasn't for those few bugs you would be the best plugin ever. Awesome job!

Last edited:

khanmeister

Banned
ryanraab said:
I wasn't asking to be a beta tester if you notice how I worded it.

Screw beta testing, just keep releasing it and we will all tell you what we find.... There's no better group of beta testers than everyone anyway!

:D

Thanks for the more accurate description, I figured mine was less than precise

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
OK, now this is weird. Really weird. It worked two times, and now it is going super slow. The CPU core is taking up 99% processor time, and I'm only getting 4-8 vis/sec. No settings affect this. Worse, it is now happening with all versions of Rice's plugin!

This is only with Direct3D, OpenGL mode still works.

I've got a Radeon 9700 Pro and I'm using Catalyst 4.1. I'm going to try upgrading to Cat 4.2 in a few hours to see if that fixes it.

firestarter

Mahoukenshi Master!
Major problem with Paper Mario....apparently textures don't even look right, and the game starts to slow down in battle....This has just started to happen (Loaded from a save state):

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
This is answered before. You need to turn off the N64 frame buffer emulation for Paper Mario.

Last edited:

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
OK, I updated to Catalyst 4.2, and in the process, figured out my problem: turning on FSAA slows the plugin to an absolute crawl. Weird.

With FSAA off (set to "Application Preference" in the ATi D3D Control Panel), it works fine, except for Ocarina of Time. OoT still goes super-slow.

One more thing: is it possible to get the billboard in Mario Kart 64 working, and if so, how? I've tried most of the framebuffer settings, and nothing.

Trotterwatch

One more thing: is it possible to get the billboard in Mario Kart 64 working, and if so, how? I've tried most of the framebuffer settings, and nothing.

It'll be slow, but try setting the rom properties to FB R/W On and Rices plugin to 'With emulator'

h3h3

this pokemon snap thingy definitely is exciting
u can choose the pictures now
the only prob is that u cannot see the pictures
its all black
but that'd be huge if u worked on it rice...

pls ure doing great work so far :))))))))))))

Shin_Gouki

Frist I want to really thank you rice!
Its awesome how much work you put into this ,BIG THX !!! :)
Here are some shots from PD taken with gln64 and your 5.4.2 plugin
(i was using a GFX 5200)
the reflections look VERY good with your plugin!!
But the Logo isn´t shown proper IMO:
pd_logo_rice.png

gln64 shot:
pd_logo_gln64.png

here the transformation of the "N"
rice:
pd_l_change_rice.png
gln64:
pd_l_change_gln64.png
my rice settings:
DX
Pixelshader 32 bit, 800x600
Tex enhanc. : 2x
Enha C.: Smooth
Force texture filter: Force Linear Filter
General Options:
Enable : Fog, SSE, s t&l
Frame Buffer: None

is there a way to imrove the logo?
wbr Shin Gouki

Last edited:

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Trotterwatch said:
It'll be slow, but try setting the rom properties to FB R/W On and Rices plugin to 'With emulator'

I totally forgot about enabling Framebuffer R/W in the ROM Properties... anyway, when I do, I get this error no matter what FB setting I choose:

Last edited:

revl8er

That Damn Good
I was wondering if there was a way to get rid of the blue boxes in goldeneye. If anyone has figured it out could you post the settings.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Mystic Gohan said:
I was wondering if there was a way to get rid of the blue boxes in goldeneye. If anyone has figured it out could you post the settings.

Use Rice's Daedalus GFX plugin 5.4.2.

SubCog

hey, anyone know why bomerman64 just gives me a black screen now?

Oh rice, i'd love you forever if you could make ghosts in bomberman multiplayer sorta transparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.