What's new

Rice Daedalus 5.4.2, updated from 5.4.0 and 5.4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
In Perfect Dark, you don't require a save state, because the above Perfect Dark screenshot was taken at the first solo mission level, just before going down the stairs to the offices in the lower floors.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Confirmed, the half black star in Super Mario 64 is a GFX plugin bug, because I'm getting the same problem:

rcgamer

the old guy
sorry to post so much but i had to show you some screens i took of pokemon snap.
In the first and second you can see where you are getting instructions on how to take snap shots (I have never seen this in any other plugin)
In the third you can see that i was able to actually move the camera around(never happened with any other plugin)
the fourth was going to be how the picture flashes on the screen but i couldnt get it. however i was able to actually choose the pictures and give them to the professor(only able to do this with an earlier version of your plugin once)
also when you are going to choose the pics to show you can see the little pics up in the corner of the screen flash by.

Last edited:

Veracity

Emu Controller Freak
Some graphical problems here with winback, 5.4.2. Muzzle flashes are weird colors and there are no crosshairs. It also runs noticibly slow (waverace looks perfect but it runs slow too).

Gladiac0190

Software Clipper...

Hummm, Could someone describe me, what a Software Clipper is? This is an option in Rice Plug but I don't know, what it does... (It helps zelda getting the sky and the moon correctly drawn.)

rcgamer

the old guy
ok ive been doing some experimenting with the framebuffer and frame update and wow.check out the pokemon snaps If you could play the game at a decent rate at these settings the game would be very playable. It is now as long as you change the framebuffer and update settings once you get to the prof's house. I tried to keep going further but the emu froze up once i got to complete buffer.
basic and write back seemed to do the best job along with at the first ci change for update. there is no way i could play the courses at these settings i tried and it looked like the scene was melting away. lol still I cant think of any other plugin that has come anywhere near this.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
As Always Rice, I am dualy impressed, keep up the amazing work, the sheer fact i can play Dr. Mario 64 with the default settings alone makes me happy, awesome job.

NeoNight

For some reason the I can't click on any menu options or anything when I run the plugin. Rice is that a core issue? or is my comp acting funky again :plain:

Also is there anyway to emulate the rocket launcher in Conker BFD?

khanmeister

Banned
In response to the software clipper question:

I *believe* that a software clipper is like a z buffer culling thing, allowing distance and objects to appear better and or in the right order. Hopefully someone more knowldegable can clarify this better, and or tell me I'm ridiculously wrong.

Happy Valentine's, Cyber Geeks! :D
:inlove:

StAmAtIs

Hey Rice
Your the Man in the emulation scene at the moment!
Some more bugs i have come across:

Ready 2 Rumble Boxing Round 2: Same problem as part 1
International Superstar Soccer 64: Grass looks weird and there are black squares under every player. (screenshot below)
International Superstar Soccer 2000: Text in menu cant see and uniform during play look weird. (screenshot below)
International Superstar Soccer 98: Weird Uniform
Crusin USA: For me it wont go passed the yellow text at the start for some reason.
War Gods: Flickering problem during play.
Yoshi Story: Black background and very slow (screenshot below)

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
I've encounted a bit of a problem. Framebuffer effects aren't working for me at all. I'm in DirectX mode. I'm using version Rice Daedalus 5.4.2.

I was trying Banjo-Kazooie to see how slow framebuffer emulation would be and stepped up through all of the framebuffer options but got no slowdown or framebuffer emulation.

OpenGL mode is worse. Not only do the framebuffer effects not work (although I don't think they're supposed to in this mode) but the lighting seems screwed (making a lot of stuff darker than it should be) and it keep pausing. The pausing gets more frequent as the game goes on.

Edit: OK, this is weird. It seems the plugin randomly chooses which games that the framebuffer works on. Super Smash Brothers, Star Fox 64 and Turok displayed the characteristic slowdown. Banjo-Kazooie, Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64 didn't.

Oh yeah, and Mario Kart 64 refused to display ANYTHING.

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
well i was just playing this game for like the last half hour and it ran fine. after seeing your post i started it back up and went through the frame buffer options and it was fine until i got to complete and as expected my fps went to about 12 . it works. what exactly were you expecting the framebuffer to do? The game runs pretty much flawlessly except for the puzzle effect.

you will find some good settings for mario kart a few pages back. it runs terrific.

Last edited:

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
I was expecting the jigsaw piece transition effect to work. I know it's a framebuffer effect and it should display with full or near-full framebuffer effects on at the expense of speed. However, enabling framebuffer effects (even complete) didn't do ANYTHING. No effects, no slowdown, nothing.

Legend

Hey Rice,

With all these updates and bug fixes, I do hope you look into the Worms-Armagedon slowdowns/pauses because the game otherwise is perfect. It's further than any other plugin at the moment with the game and trust me it's worth it because it is one of the most FUN games on N64. Thanks.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Well, this seems to be working pretty well on my Radeon 9700 Pro. Cool!

I have one small request, though: could you please add 960x720 resolutions?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.