What's new

Reasons for saying no to Xbox just about down to zero.

Cyberman

Sorry.. I'm less than an MS fan, I don't support the company. I won't own an Xbox ever I'll give it away if I'm given one. Nothing personal I just detest the company and it's agenda. I don't expect everyone to agree with me, but I refuse to support a company whose sole purpose for using 'new' technology is to run out .. all competition. MS is about money.. and that's it. There are other companies that have a product and make money from it, with MS it's make money from a product. I can't support that type if attitude.

As for other consoles PS2 is nice but there is a REAL lack of good RPGs for it in the NA market.. However BOF5 will be released in the spring and StarOcean 3 will as well. Those look good. I don't buy a lot of games, I only buy what I like I read reviews but half the reviews I see are either I hate it or I don't. In fact there is a total lack of RPG's period. I hope Square Enix gets out of there disgusting RPG ruts. I am less than ticked with FFXI's concept and I don't want it. I don't waste money on something I will play once and never want to play again, and I don't want it to consume ALL my waking hours either.

As for opinions. Well unfortunately they come and go opinions are things that aren't necessarily based on fact.

Fact is there are very few RPG games that have come out recently.. let alone good ones.

Cyb

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
I can't see how you justify that reasoning. When it comes right down to it, EVERY company out there is ONLY after money, nothing else. They ALL have the same "agenda", and thats to maximize their income. Yes some may donate to charities and whatnot, but know what thats for? They get a warm fuzzy feeling among their customers so that they stick to their brand products, it does bring profit. Although not as great of a scale as Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony both are guilty of anticompetitive practices, in fact thats what the EU fined nintendo a hundred million dollars for.

Sure I am not a fan of MS either, but I am not going to not buy something of theirs just because I don't like the name.

Last edited:

Josep

eyerun4phun
AlphaWolf said:

Sure I am not a fan of MS either, but I am not going to not buy something of theirs just because I don't like the name.

exactly! and shenmue3 goddamit is going to exclusive to xbox, a must have game!!:)

OP
UltraThing

UltraThing

Cyberman ... why rant about how you won't support Microsoft "the evil empire" and then try to say Sony is ok with a straight face?? Sony aint just PS2 you know, and theyre no different than Microsoft. Microsoft was lucky and just happened to be there with their product at the right time and on the right channel, but their practices are textbook. Any corp is going to do their best to monopolize their market, and if successful, to reach their tentacles into new markets and try to dominate there as well. That's what they do.

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
yup just look at Sony crying and whinging about file sharing, they are perhaps even lower than microsoft at times.