What's new

Reasons for saying no to Xbox just about down to zero.

blizz

Re: Re: Re: Reasons for saying no to Xbox just about down to zero.

Harteex said:
That's just an opinion. Please stop stating your opinions, so they look like facts because they are not...
Other people may not think Pikmin, Eternal Darkness and Luigi's Mansion are must play games. Opinions.....

he pretty much always does that, sometimes I think he works for Nintendo UK

and nearly everyone does that on the net anyway

Josep

eyerun4phun
well, just made a little $64.50 purchase that'll make this baby a little more playable;) haha:D

OP
UltraThing

UltraThing

Stalkid,

I already own Pikmin, Eternal Darkness, and Luigis Mansion. And Super Mario Sunshine, Super Monkey Ball, and other GC exclusives. I'm not saying anything bad about Nintendo ... like I said the GC's still gonna be the no.1 console in my house.

But there's some great stuff on the Xbox, too, and since I can afford both I'm gonna play on both.

blizz

actually what about the PS2?

there's:

ICO, Rachet and Clank, GTA3, Vice City, FFX, Shinobi, Rygar, Gungrave, Devil May Cry, Onimusha, the Armoured Core series

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Re: Re: Re: Re: Reasons for saying no to Xbox just about down to zero.

blizz said:
he pretty much always does that, sometimes I think he works for Nintendo UK

and nearly everyone does that on the net anyway

Ah, right. So now we aren't allowed to have personal opinions based on facts now. Got it.

Trotterwatch

Ah, right. So now we aren't allowed to have personal opinions based on facts now. Got it.

Yes, but the thing is that is your opinion... those games you listed are not factually better, after all likes and dislikes are always based on opinion.

For example, I could say:

The Beatles are the best band ever fact, but at the end of the day it is just an opinion, albeit one shared by many. It doesn't make it fact though.

A fact is something such as:

The sun is hot
Bill Gates is rich
Smoking is bad for the lungs

etc

Y'see, all those things are fact - not opinion. There is a Slight but nevertheless present distinction.

blizz

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Reasons for saying no to Xbox just about down to zero.

Stalkid64 said:

no you're half right, in your special case you shouldn't say fuck all

RatTrap

GODLIKE
yah.. i'll agree on that maybe he should'nt be saying things and making them sound like facts.. but there is a but..

splinter cell.. have you guys played it?.. if you really liked Metal Gear.. then splinter cell is NOT! for you.. i repeat.. NOT!.. it's not at all in the same league.. not even the same style.. other than it's looks..

but when you look at a game.. you have to look past the look.. if a game looks like a military espionage game.. doesn't mean it is the best one out just coz it looks good.. imho.. splinter cell has some great eyecandy.. some of the best i've seen in some places.. and in other places it looks poorly worked on.. there are many diferences in that game that make the game inconsistant relativly to itself.. if you understand how i mean.. also.. if you are to really get picky and see what the game is.. really.. you will notice that if anything.. it's alot more like Tomb Raider.. then Metal Gear.. only that you have diferent weapons etc.. it's like a mix of both really.. but with kind of the looks of Metal gear and more detail.. but alot less excitement.. not sure if it's got a better story or if the guy you play and the villan is better thought out.. but as much as i've played and tested the game.. it did not seem to be a must have game eather..

starfox.. i'll agree completly with.. it's a new Zelda game.. you know why it also seems so much like zelda?.. because they used the same engine.. at least this is what i've heard.. the grafix looks pretty.. but if you look closelly you'll see gourand shaded trees that are cut in the same places the Zelda trees where.. the movements are very similiar.. and it's generally very much a new zelda game from the n64.. this is why they made the new zelda a cell shaded game.. if you took both games and compared.. they would be almost the same thing.. but.. it's not a bad game.. it's pretty much like playing the n64 zeldas.. and addicting.. at least the first time you play thru it..

i'll agree though on that if it get's cheap enugh.. i might buy one myself.. but Xbox Live is nothing i would have in my mind.. since i'm in sweden.. maybe if MS put up servers here too.. then maybe i would be interested in that.. but as it is now.. i could consider buying one as a thierd option.. but i am somehow doubting that.. since all the good games that machine will have and allready has are gonna come out for the PC.. aside from perhaps Rare games and some other company.. so if anything.. i would much rather buy parts for my PC for the same money i would buy an Xbox..

Josep

eyerun4phun
RatTrap said:
i would much rather buy parts for my PC for the same money i would buy an Xbox..

i actually read what ratTrap said;) BUT, i got my x-box for $149, i obviously plan to buy a few controllers, component cable, and a few other things, all in all, (here is me trying to justify my $149 i just spent;)) its a good system for gaming and many other things when using the right hardware....getting a kick ass computer is obviously a shit load more then say $300 that you would put in to the console, the controllers and av cables, and ext hardware, hell i spent $360 on my mobo and processor alone!!:)

RatTrap

GODLIKE
well.. all i'm saying is if it was up to me.. i would rather use that money for something else mainly because Xbox live is no good for me.. since i'm in sweden.. and the one game that might interest me costs almost the same as the machine.. actually more i think.. i'm not saying it's bad.. xbox i mean.. it's not a BAD machine.. and i don't hate MS.. but it's exclusive list is kind of mest up.. if you really like splinter cell for example.. you'll get the PC version.. you can argue that the controlls would'nt be as good as on the xbox.. but that's very relative too.. i'm not saying.. Don't buy an xbox.. but i'm saying.. think it thru well.. twice.. coz you might just be buying another funny green lighted dust collecting coffy table :p..

OP
UltraThing

UltraThing

Well, RatTrap, I appreciate the advice and hope others here do too. I think its valid advice for anyone making a somewhat large purchase of anything. But in my case I have been thinking it through for a while, hence the title of the thread. The XBox catalog isn't as deep in "must have's" as the Gamecube's is FOR ME (maybe the other way around for some others) -- but still when I realistically consider how many games I would likely be able to actually purchase, I see buying maybe 8-10 games on the GC and 4-5 games on the Xbox in '03. And that's being optimistic. So far in '02 I've bought 11 games. That's not including the 2 in the Xbox pack though.

Anyway, there are easily 4-5 exclusives on the Xbox that I can point to right now and say "gimme!" By the end of '03 there'll be more. Considering the console only really cost me $130 (w/ DVD) since it's got two games thrown in, I figure the investment was worth it.

Oh, and as for PC versions of games ... well, this is just me, but given a choice between a console or PC version of the same game, I'm probably going to choose the console version. Even though I have several good games on my PC, whenever I sit down at the desk I end up running some console emulator.

Last edited:

bjl667

C\C++
I've seen a xBox emu floating around the net for some time, what it does is replace the executable api from exc to exe using Windows API's basically a wrapper its not 100% working but soon it will be heh, just go buy the game find a DVD rom that'll read those cd's and play heh... [Thats a reason for me I don't got enough money to get one rofl, my PC can handle way detailed games then that.]

Josep

eyerun4phun
haha, ok, emus that RUN on x-box...;) i sure hope you mean that;)
voodoo2 emulator? anyone remember that one?:):happy:

ra5555

N64 Newbie
Xbox is a fatt asss.... the console is like a big truck its so big that its 4 times the size of Nitendo Gamecube. Damn Microsoft why did they make this damn thing....

The controller is almost as big as my nuts.
This has to be by far the shittiest controller packed with a home console ever. What were they thinking? Over 25% of the surface area on the controller is wasted by a giant green Xbox jewel--you know, in case you forget what system you're playing in between loading screens. You can seriously drop the controller onto a cat from 5 feet and break its back... so I've heard.

and to get a proper controller, you need to pay $30 dollars!!!

Josep

eyerun4phun
just return the fat fucking controller you get and buy the smaller versions and wireless controllers;) thats what i did;) i hate the original controllers>_<

Jaz

Ex-Mod
House of the Dead 3 is coming out soon, so there is one of the reasons I have an Xbox under my TV. Granted there aren't many reasons, but there are some. :)