?????????????????????????
LReyome27 said:
I dont see why UltraHLE has to die. Its the only one I can run on my system:

Intel Celleron 233 MHZ
Voodoo 3 2000
SoundBlaster Live!
256 Megs RAM

:ultraHLE:
Really, then it's time to get a new computer. Those specs won't do any good with any games nowadays.

Doomulation

cooliscool said:
*sigh* NOT EVERYONE HAS THE MONEY FOR COMPUTER HARDWARE LIKE YOURS! *sigh*, people will never learn.. :(
This is true, but life is hard. The developers really don't do games for such low specs :(
The only solution is to upgrade...
you'll just have to spare some money for it.
I worked hard for my specs.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
cooliscool said:
*sigh* NOT EVERYONE HAS THE MONEY FOR COMPUTER HARDWARE LIKE YOURS! *sigh*, people will never learn.. :(

sorry, but the difference between 250 and 1000Mhz is only two or three years... there's no excuse either way, unless your financial situation has altered radically in between... and that's hardly emu authors' fault is it. I do sympathise with not having a fast enough PC.. half the time i don't either... but i don't see how lowering requirements is anything other than a temporary measure... you're not seriously saying the 250Mhz PC is going to be the last you ever own are you?

Last edited:

yogaman

Banned
oh well ... I should upgrade my pc too ...but most games work with details put on medium or even low .... ;) - even GTA 3 works for me (ups, a bit off topic)

Doomulation

yogaman said:
oh well ... I should upgrade my pc too ...but most games work with details put on medium or even low .... ;) - even GTA 3 works for me (ups, a bit off topic)
Your computer is at least a little faster, which is good.
It can play some games yet.

LReyome27

Proud Nintendo FANBOY

sorry, but the difference between 250 and 1000Mhz is only two or three years... there's no excuse either way, unless your financial situation has altered radically in between... and that's hardly emu authors' fault is it. I do sympathise with not having a fast enough PC.. half the time i don't either... but i don't see how lowering requirements is anything other than a temporary measure... you're not seriously saying the 250Mhz PC is going to be the last you ever own are you?

Also I don't have the cash for a large speed processor right now. I also get my stuff from computer shows where its cheaper rather then big name stores. I just can't press F5 for 50,000 dollars

LReyome27

Proud Nintendo FANBOY
Smiff said:

I usually buy my stuff from computer shows where it is cheaper rather then go to some big name store. I don't have the cash to be freely dumping on P4 1.5G processors just to run emulators. I can use UltraHLE and Corn (if theres games that work on it) just fine. I am able to run a heavily textured game such as Zelda 64 pretty good on UltraHLE with full speed and almost (skips) full sound. So emulation, as someone said before, should not be exclusive to the P3s and P4s of this world

LReyome27

Proud Nintendo FANBOY
Disregard all this...the posts arent showing up on my end for some reason so its like they are not there

Doomulation

LReyome27 said:

Also I don't have the cash for a large speed processor right now. I also get my stuff from computer shows where its cheaper rather then big name stores. I just can't press F5 for 50,000 dollars
Ok, first off, athlon is better and cheaper.
And besides, they just cost around $100 for a cheap one.
And a new mobo for around $100 = $200
The gfx card will do with glide.

So you don't need 50.000 dollars. I hope you can at least save up to that ^_^

Smiff

Emutalk Member
i realise what i said before was swayed too far the other way.. of course good software should beform well. However, i think a problem is that people have been spoilt by Corn, uHLE and expect to be able to use everything... really these specs are not enough for a SNES emu, so hrm some perspective needed here.

LReyome27

Proud Nintendo FANBOY
Doomulation: the 50,000 thing I put in was from an old RCT Trainer and was meant to be a "figure of speech"

OP
Romboy

Romboy

http://www.stormfront.org
In n64 emulators at least you have to trade off either speed or compatabilitly... I am sorry but thats the way it is. I know corn has a extremely low compatabilitly but then again it has extremely high speed on the games that it does support.

Doomulation

LReyome27 said:
Doomulation: the 50,000 thing I put in was from an old RCT Trainer and was meant to be a "figure of speech"
I know what you meant. You meant that you don't have much money to upgrade with.

That's the absolutly minimum of which you can upgrade with.
It includes a new motherboard and a processor.

Your gfx-card will do in emulation at least.

OP
Romboy

Romboy

http://www.stormfront.org
It's time to get a job then, that what I did. Then you'll have the cash. :)

LReyome27

Proud Nintendo FANBOY
I have a job...Unfortunately when I have a job the shows don't come around and when I don't have a job they come around. Due to some problems mentally I cannot really keep a job, and I cannot be employed in what I really would like to be because I have a physical ailment.

Trotterwatch

This person would also presumably need a new power supply to power the Athlon - as I doubt his current one would be powerful enough. Then the HD would be probably holding the machine back, and then the GFX card etc

In short - don't feel pressurised to upgrade LReyome27, just realise that much of N64 emulation and gaming in general will sadly be off limits for you (for now). We've all been there though at one time or another, I'm sure.

ryukenden

Ninja RyuKenDen
Corn is fast due to using dynamic recompilation. It would be nice to see another dynamic recompiling nintendo 64 emulator. Interpreters are far to slow. Trying to run n64 software even on my machine should be a breeze, if it were recompiled for the cpu. It's a shame we don't see recompiling emus more often. They certainly are faster.