What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Perfect Perfect Dark - KMan Style

OP
KMan

KMan

The Wu Tang Master
Here's what I'm currently working with--
dump.jpg

This is just the carrington institute and parts of the intro scene.

Sirmatto

KMan said:
Here's what I'm currently working with--
This is just the carrington institute and parts of the intro scene.
Holy crapola! Curse that game for being so awesome and texture filled.

OP
KMan

KMan

The Wu Tang Master
That number is including at least half of them being the half sized versions which don't seem to be used in the game.

Im Bored

lol@censors
couldnt they just be being used on the low poly models of rooms viewed from a distance?

Doesnt matter either way. And this is looking very nice. Which im sure you knew.

Clements

Or possibly due to the way the game can be played in High-res or Low-res mode, which is of course much more noticable when playing on the real thing than emulators (most plugins bug out when hi-res is used in fact).

Weatherton

KMan said:
That number is including at least half of them being the half sized versions which don't seem to be used in the game.

KMan, are you sure those half sized versions aren't used when there is no expansion pack detected?

OP
KMan

KMan

The Wu Tang Master
Weatherton said:
KMan, are you sure those half sized versions aren't used when there is no expansion pack detected?

I'm pretty sure that I don't care what they are. I just weed through them and delete all of those that I come across. If someone wants to emulate not having the expansion pak in, then it's their own damn fault.

OP
KMan

KMan

The Wu Tang Master
While I'm at it, here are a couple shots that show some new things.

pd_newstart.jpg

pd_newpc.jpg

legend of zelda

Just another Zelda fan
damn this stuff is awesome! is it possible to retexture the text on the computer screen? how would you know what to put anyway since it's unreadable with the original textures? eh, who cares anyways?

hey kman, did they invite you to be a pj64 member yet? i know that mdtauk guy just got his membership.

OP
KMan

KMan

The Wu Tang Master
Haha! The computer text IS resized. If it could go any bigger I would, but I don't think people would really enjoy having a repeating irc chat on EVERY computer terminal.

And, no. They haven't. I'm probably just going to go ahead and donate. Seems faster, and it isn't that much.

OP
KMan

KMan

The Wu Tang Master
I think it's really just an issue with the tool importing texture coordinates properly. It seems to get confused when non square, or mirroring textures are being applied to a part of the model.

legend of zelda

Just another Zelda fan
KMan said:
Haha! The computer text IS resized. If it could go any bigger I would, but I don't think people would really enjoy having a repeating irc chat on EVERY computer terminal.

And, no. They haven't. I'm probably just going to go ahead and donate. Seems faster, and it isn't that much.

cool. yeah, it's only $20 anyways. i think you'll like jabo's new plugin better. one of the good things about it is the textures sizes you can use. i think it's unlimited to how big you can make the textures. that's nice for some textures that need to be bigger than 4x, like when they get stretched really big in the game.

Killerfox

Cool! this thread is still being worked on, it's nice to see someone is putting some positive effort on the Perfect Dark Franchize for a change, keep up the good work!

OP
KMan

KMan

The Wu Tang Master
I'll probably do the same thing here what I did for the Zelda pack. I'll put together a minipack of all that I've done for it so far, and put it out. That way theres something to play with till the new PJ64 is released as I'm moving over to that from now on.

Converter

Texture Noob
hey KMAN how did you make the 16 bit textures into 24 bit and make them work? Anytime I make the 16 bit textures into a 24 bit image it doesn't load