Look at the date:
3954.jpg

I want to believe...

Also, another ¿fake? video about ON has been released:
http://www.gamerah.com/media/e3/Rev-On-E3.wmv

Some people asure that Reggie presented it in closed doors :evil:

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Did anyone see Nintendo's pre-E3 conference? Man, I thought it was funny how Reggie-fils Aime was ripping on Sony's PSP and the Xbox 360. But the fact that gamers will have access to over twenty years of Nintendo games is
phenomenal. Boy, and to think I used to complain about companies not releasing old RPG compilations! Finally! I can get the games I've always wanted like Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, and Breath of Fire II...(excellent, Nintendo grants the wishes of a 19 year-old Nintendo fan!)

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
Ok, now I'm pretty sure that Nintendo will show another conference, and the people of GameSpot know it. In their page of E3 live, we can see that Microsoft's and Sony's conference streaming video file is named stream_microsoft_e305_pressconf.asx and stream_sonypress_e305.asx respectively. BUT, Nintendo's conference streaming video file is named stream_nintendo_e305_pressconf1.asx.

OMG, I'm really nervous. I hope I don't get dissapointed...

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
You're all missing something here, Iawata said 20 years of NINTENDO'S games, a lot of those classics, were made by thrid parties, and we all know how hard it is to get 3rd partys to sign off on old games, (which is why theres never been a port of CT, when its one of the most beloved SNES games of all time) It's also why in the conference they only show Nintendo made cases flying into the revolution. So I wouldn't hold your breath on games like Goldeneye or CT coming to the Revoultion right off the bat, because RARE is a MS owned product now, and good luck getting them to play nice with Ninty again.

Trotterwatch

Hexidecimal said:
You're all missing something here

Not me, that is one of the issues I have pointed out several times. If they get permission and can sort out the licences, brilliant. If not then it's a damn shame.

smegforbrain

I admit that I'm not big when it comes to specs - I just don't know or truly care enough for it to make a difference in my buying habits.

That said, I owned a PSX, I owe a PS2, I will get a PS3. The only other consoles I've owned since the PSX came out are my ol' SNES and Genesis.

However, regardless of the specs, all three systems will surely be impressive. The XBox seems to have their audience in action, PS2 in RPG, and Nintendo in... well, whatever they release. ;) These trends will continue though, I'm sure.

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
I've been wondering about a few things; one, since the Nintendo Revolution is going to have access to twenty years of Nintendo's games, will companies such as Square Enix allow their games to be downloaded as well? Two, why the heck are some people dissing the Revolution? And finally, how is it even feasible to download games to the system and play them? I'd assume that Nintendo is coding an emulator for their system; but Nintendo's actually willing to condone emulation for a change??

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Do you people even READ previous posts, this is what I just posted about, they said you will have access to 20 years of NINTENDO's games, no one elses, yet.

NeoNight

dragon_rider said:
Did anyone see Nintendo's pre-E3 conference? Man, I thought it was funny how Reggie-fils Aime was ripping on Sony's PSP and the Xbox 360. But the fact that gamers will have access to over twenty years of Nintendo games is
phenomenal. Boy, and to think I used to complain about companies not releasing old RPG compilations! Finally! I can get the games I've always wanted like Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, and Breath of Fire II...(excellent, Nintendo grants the wishes of a 19 year-old Nintendo fan!)

erm you could've always gotten those games..... come to think of it boy are emu authors gonna be in some hot water.... :term:

Rom Manic

*SYSTEM ERROR*
Hexidecimal said:
Do you people even READ previous posts, this is what I just posted about, they said you will have access to 20 years of NINTENDO's games, no one elses, yet.

I wonder if Square-Enix will sign over. That way we can all enjoy the great classic games such as Terranigma and the Soul Blazer trilogy, Super Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 3, and many more.

Trotterwatch

Hexidecimal said:

And I posted that before you :p So I'll level the accusation back eh, lol

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Even if companies, such as Square Enix don't sign over yet (for the 20-year game database), you've still got some freakin' awesome games. Including Mario 64, Mario Kart series, all The Legend of Zelda games, maybe Mario RPG (saying as Nintendo owns the rights to Mario), and Donkey Kong Country series (Rare doesn't officially own the rights to that series either, Shigeru Miyamoto does.) On another Nintendo Revolution topic, the specs still haven't been released. I know its a no-brainer, but it isn't as if it'll make much difference as to how the Revolution will do, the specifications are still nice to know nontheless.

Moose Jr.

Raging Moose
ShizZie said:
I'm putting my money on Metroid for being "the" revolution release title (even though Iwata suggested it to be SSB). Retro has been silent too long...

I would tend to agree. Ninty knows that their "kiddie" image hurt them last go-round, so a darker, more mature release title (that also happens to be a FPS) is prolly the ideal step towards putting them back on the level with Sony and MS.

Moose Jr.

Raging Moose
dragon_rider said:
I know its a no-brainer, but it isn't as if it'll make much difference as to how the Revolution will do, the specifications are still nice to know nontheless.

I think right now the lack of published specs is their best marketing tool Nintendo has, along with the controller design. The suspense will keep folks hanging on to Nintendo for news, rather than paying attention to Sony, whose system we pretty much know all about already - It's an upgraded PS2 :whistling . It could come right back at Nintendo, though, if they reveal their specs as just average.

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Yeah, it definitely is quite smart of Nintendo to not release the Revolution's hardware specs. But AFAIK, the CPU and GPU should be quite powerful, it the system is to compete in the hardware department. And if I know Nintendo as well as I do, their games will kick the crap outta the competitors'. Keep in mind that this information is purely biased. If I'm wrong, sue me. I'm just giving a friendly reminder to those who claim that Nintendo has a "kiddie" image (which also, in my humble opinion, is BS).

otomo

it`s highly doubtful that nintendo will gain a license to release third party games, maybe from the major players, and keep in mind that these would get a better deal making compilations on their own, konami greatest hits for ps3 or whatever, so the best bet is nintendo only games, on the bright side it would mean more or less a complete library, for the n64 only. And hopefully they aren`t hoping to charge for it...following the sony logic, ps3=ps2=ps1, without an extra charge, the smart move would be to offer it for free.

and why all of this fuss over a case? just wait until there is a production model, controllers and actual game screens, heh, this all reminds me of project reality...

*why the heck are some people dissing the Revolution?*

because there`s been better offerings than nintendo for some time now?

I just hope they don`t make the same propietary format fuck up again.