What's new

NRage Input Plugin V2.00 BETA (an overhaul)

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
this is indeed a problem.

can you post your system specs, versions of VC runtime installed, latest Dx bi monthly, ... shite what else could be relevant...

Topmonhit

If I knew what that meant, maybe! >_>

And where I might find it.

And if it has to do with PJ64 or the computer iteslf.

Topmonhit

All right.

...then what. >_>

Edit: All right, after realizing I... may not have... been putting it in the right folder thsi whole time, then apparently deleting something I needed, then going back and redownloading PJ64 and then I don't even really know anymore an error message keeps coming up saying it can't find this one file but that doesn't seem to be even mattering right now (it's like MSVCP70.dll) anyway the point is, poof it works.

Last edited:

????????

I hate to be the gravedigger of old problems though I am having the same problem that Topmonhit once had, sadly his last reply was vague and I need some help (again sorry for asking an old question).

Any help is greatly appreciatted.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Greetings humanoids, just like to announce that Nrage development has returned home.

Development pretty much stalled after Rabbiddiety vanished off the face of the earth (actually he is somewhere in east asia.... according to his blog).

There are some active regressions, due in part to the xinput patch, which i may just back out since its not properly implemented (for a 4 pad input plugin....)
One of which breaks the usage of most of the file browsers, as to most of the emulators do not support unicode.

Some goals for further development is to properly implement xinput so it can be toggled per pad, as well as XI rumble.
Fixing the File browsers, is almost as simple as just changing to building with ANSI/Multibyte Char set, unfortunately made not so simple by the fact the mempak string generates an access violation -_-
Implementing FEX or similar to unpack zipped/7zipped gb/gbc games in the transferpak loader.
Modifiers and Macro's have been reported to be crashy.... not good at all....

The Debug build is also heavily unstable... to the point its not a very good representation of development (you know you're screwed when the release build is more stable then the debug)

Anyhow, if you have experience with the input api's used, or just want to have a go at tackling some of the issues, the project page has not changed, its still at https://sourceforge.net/projects/nragev20/

chinagreenelvis

I would like to see updates made to this, certainly. I only now have a machine capable of running modern console emulators and have my computer set up to run with four wireless X-box controllers. The thing is, they're not always going to be on and since I'm using a frontend to control the whole shebang, I can't go in and check/uncheck whether or not each controller is connected every time I want to play. Right now the best input plugin I've seen is what Mupen64Plus has going on: when a controller is not connected, it doesn't show up in the emulator. Turn on the controller and restart the emu and wham - controller is in the game. If I'm using any other emulator with any working input plugin and the last three controllers aren't turned on, the emulator still thinks they're connected and player one has complete control over all of them. It's very silly.

chinagreenelvis

Well, whatever. Mupen's input plugin works like a damn charm with wireless Xbox 360 controllers. I've just about had it with DirectInput plugins which present crazy issues when an emulator is started with only one controller turned on. So far I've seen this happen in both Demul and PJ64 and I have yet to find a way around it.

Predator82

Hmmm ... don´t get it to work with project64 1.6, every start of the emu I got a "not-found"-message
Have the newest direct-x for xp and vc++ ´05, ´08 & ´10 installed
Any idea?