What's new

NRage Input Plugin V2.00 BETA (an overhaul)

Zell65

I don't know if this is a problem on my end, but mouse input isn't getting detected at all. As in, I can't specify an axis, button, etc for functions. Also, the config profile rabid gave in the first post (the one that is supposed to have good mouse settings for PD/Goldeneye) gives me an error: "Couldn't read profile". I can still save and load profiles normally, but that one isn't working for some reason. I've read through the help files etc, but I can't see what the problem is at all. Sorry if it's just me being daft :ermm:. I'm using PJ64 v1.6 with default video and audio plugins (on Win2k, if it matters). Any ideas would be appreciated, no matter how obvious they may be to you, lol.

EDIT: just opened the profile you provided in notepad, and compared it to mine. They both look completely different. Now I'm really confuzzled...

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Thats MSVC9 actually..... theres no VC7 runtime, you either download the dll files, or install .net 1.1 and .net 1.1 sp1.

VC++6 = MSVC6 (Runtime available on ms site)
VS.net = MSVC7 and MSVC7.1 (Install .net 1.1 sp1)
VS2005 = MSVC8 and MSVC8.1 (Install .net 2.0sp1 or VS2005 runtime)
VS2008 = MSVC9 and MSVC 9 (install.net 3.5 or VS2008 runtime)

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Wherefore art thou, rabiddeity? We miss you. lol
Did the SVN server switch ever happen?

EDIT: Ah, never mind, found it. It seems very empty. Gee, that's a shame...

Last edited:

rivetes

Somebody please help me im desperate with this =/ I can get my settings with plugin, that I can use mouse, but my MOUSE is working weirdly in the game, it doesn't follow my mouse up and down properly, when I pull up a bit, it goes all the way and then down and the same thing, so i can't aim anything =/ where can I find good settings, someone send me that Controller-profile (*cpf.) file with proper and stable aim with mouse + keyboard.

ps. the game I would love to play is Perfect Dark :bouncy:

OP
R

rabiddeity

Plugin Hacker
Make sure your mouse is set for "buffered" and not "absolute". That should fix the problem. If you don't see that option, make sure you've downloaded the latest version of the plugin and selected it properly. The CHM help file might have some inconsistencies but it's got good information on how to set things up to work the way you want.

kunzi

Glovepie lets you use an incompatible controller with most software (originally designed for a virtual reality glove.)
I use it to let wii remotes interface with the emulator and sometimes the mouse.

And if it doesn't compile for you on GCC, apply my patch, if it still doesn't, add the line

#ifndef _WIN32_IE
#define _WIN32_IE 0x0300
#endif

to commonIncludes.h, at line 26.

Have fun!

This source is THAT powerful?

I just discovered Glovepie and via google came across this thread. On page 66 there is a patch for this plugin so it can be used with glovepie. The above quote is from the patches author on the next page (67).

Has anyone else tried this or have a copy so I can try it out...I don't know anything about writing source codes or scripting...I just started to understand the glovepie scripts.

Any help or clarification is very welcome.

Thanks in advance!!!

PS. I also use my wiimote for a 64 controller and it is better than an analog stick for some games. I just would like to make it respond to rumble commands so I can play OoT with the rumble pak enabled.

edit. I PMed score_under and he helped me out...it is an amazing hack!!! thanks a bunch s_u!!!

Last edited:

Cuyff NL

First of all, thanks for the Plugin.
But I have a little problem:
I can't set my mouse settings to Buffered or Deadpan. In the devices submenu in I only have mouse sensitivity and an option to switch absolute X and absolute Y on or off.
I can't really play perfect dark now because my aim just flies everywhere (especially the Y-axis).

Hope anyone can help me out.

thebudman420

hi im on vista x64, and i cant seem to figure out what i need to get the required files to run this plugin, been driving me nuts lol, can someone please help me?

Before anyone ask why im running 64bit, its because i have 6 gb of memory and it would be pointless to run 32bit as 32bit can only use 3.5 gb of memory,

anyway a page back i think someone said u need .net 2.0 runtimes but i dont think that even works on vista? as vista comes with .netframework 3.0 and i have 3.5, but i think framework and .net is 2 different things? if anyone can help me find what i need to get this to work that would be great, Thanks

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Hey I hear ya.
Best thing I could figure out was this:
1. When an error pops up bitching about some missing .DLL file, Google the file. A good source (usually #1 on Google) is dllfiles.com.
2. Unzip the DLL into C:\Windows\System (not system32) and try using the plugin or program again.
3. Repeat for any other missing DLLs.

I had to do this with MSVCR71.dll on my Win7 install. Hope yours is actually a similar problem, this worked out for me.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
hi im on vista x64, and i cant seem to figure out what i need to get the required files to run this plugin, been driving me nuts lol, can someone please help me?

Before anyone ask why im running 64bit, its because i have 6 gb of memory and it would be pointless to run 32bit as 32bit can only use 3.5 gb of memory,

anyway a page back i think someone said u need .net 2.0 runtimes but i dont think that even works on vista? as vista comes with .netframework 3.0 and i have 3.5, but i think framework and .net is 2 different things? if anyone can help me find what i need to get this to work that would be great, Thanks

.net 2 and 3 are part of Vista.

.net 1.0 and 1.0sp3 are not, can contain some files necessary.

Other then that, GOOGLE THE FILE ITS MISSING

Topmonhit

Ack. I've been running around in circles. I can't take it anymore! I HAVE FURY!

All right so I downloaded it, put it in the plugin folder, blah, blah, everything works.

I go to configuration, though, go to the controller pack section, and there's no transfer pack option in the drop-down menu. There's None, Mem Pak, and Rumble Pak.

Now, in my annoying internet search for an answer, I've seen such a problem at least once, but it was like a million years ago which brings in a bunch of variables and didn't lead to anything so I'm just asking here if there are any anythings, any ideas as to why this is or how it can be fixed or what is going on here?