What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

New Mario 64 Djipi Mod 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
I would make sure no texture is flat colour. Make sure there is some subtle pattern like the walls on the bottom right of the image.

Also I would remove the outline around textures. Mario has no outline around him, and it looks bad having outlines being used randomly.

If you felt it was too bright, than use duller darker shades...

laughtrey

I really like this one. It has less of a hand-made feel to it than the Celda pack, which makes a lot better.

What other Mario game are you looking for inspiration from? Galaxy? Or, new Super Mario Brothers?

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Djipi I can help with the HUD, I have spent a couple of days working on a secret Mario related project. If you are interested get in touch on msn/wlm and we can talk more.

OP
D

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
Owing to mdtauk , i have decided to change my project to an other look ^^

The result is good i think ^^

Last edited:

Elite Knight

Nintedo Fan Mad
Letters are sorta like from super mario galaxy i know you made them your self but it still look like them and it's coming out awsome mabey add some thine lines of black but still looks awsome with out but try it with black lines.

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Wonderful Djipi, I told you you were capable of doing it! You should use, Mario's head for the lives, not the head from the title screen, but the one from the controllable mario. Same with the lakitu, and star. Also I would change the floor tiles, the black and white is too strong, and should be softer colour. very very light grey, and medium grey?

They sky should also have soft clouds, not cel-shaded...

Elite Knight

Nintedo Fan Mad
No offence Driscol you allways have somthing bad to say. Ok show us what you can realy do least i give packs a try hmmmm. But i have never seen you make one unless you can do better stop critasizing that some are bad i love the pack Djipi is a legend man. GREAT WORK DONT STOP

OP
D

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
Thanks Elite Knight , really . And it's right Driscol , you always have something bad to say . Everybody here do the best and totally free for them and other SO it's not professionnal work , i always listen critism ans ideas , but a MOD is very hard to do , try and you will see^^

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
perhaps you should try a totally new tree design, not balls.

tales-of-the-abyss-20050916062016394.jpg

Look at the trees behind the character...

mode7

Looks really nice - clean textures - good color choices.
the trees are much better now as the ones before - still the "spheres" could blend a little better, so it doesn't look like a bunch of circles.

Also think about mdtauks suggestion: i personally wouldn't redesign the original trees either, because they looked really bad.
on the other hand if you want to stay faithful to the original keep them!

WWLink

Hero of Winds
All the textures are amazing Djipi, good job. My only nitpick is that I think the sand in the front yard of Peach's Castle is a little dark.

MikiZora

'B' Button does to much
All the textures are amazing Djipi, good job. My only nitpick is that I think the sand in the front yard of Peach's Castle is a little dark.

To be fair some things in that game are pretty hard to notice unless your having a fiddle about but still its not like your always going to be hanging around in front of the castle I mean you will once or twice everyone does lol:happy:
and anyway I guess theres always time for improvements to whats already been done and from my point of view the mod is coming along suburb don't expect nothing than the best from Djipi lol

Thommo

I've just seen the new look and WOW. That is awesome stuff. Djipi I don't know how you get these textures to look so clean and good. I guess the chef never gives away his secret recipes lol. Well done though.

And thanks for your efforts most of all.

Status
Not open for further replies.