What's new

NEW - dolwin shots - Latest Beta (11/11/04)

Knuckles

Right what you think, org was really busy rewritting a huge part of the Dolwin code, this morning, just got the excellent new (when I woke up at 7h30 to go to school :p) that he sent a beta to the beta testers :D. after my 2 hours courses, I tried it, got some help from _chrono_ to get some games to work, also had time to get org to fix some stuff.Some Games were hard to get started, had to skip instructions in the debug to get pass where they were stuck. The new thing that helped at lot is that Ector ported his latest Dolphin video plugin to Dolwin (dolphin plugin version that I don't even have!). That thing got a lot of games to runs , and some others better + faster!

ok, enough with the talking, here comes the shots, 30 of them , gonna make a lot of posts.... note also that some shots got a lot of bugs, this is dfue to the port, there are a lot of textures bugs to fix in the plugin.

1st:Bust-A-Move 3000 (that one can't be avoided)
2nd:same
3rd:same
4th:same
5th:Crazy Taxi !
6th:same
7th:same
8th:same! :p

Last edited:
OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

damnit posty, I shouldn't tell you immediatly on MSN, gimme a break before I upload the 22 other shots :p

You will also notice some compatibility from dolphin :p

1st: Harvest Moon (maybe goes further, didn't waited enough :p)
2nd:Mario Kart Double Dash - Pal hangs after the select Hz
3rd:same
4th:same
5th:Nintendo Puzzle Collection - Works fine!
6th:same
7th:same
7th:guess again........same

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Yay! More shots! :p

So what if you told me about it? I allready submitted this to NGemu's news section, and said you were uploading more as we speak XD

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

3rd part:

1st:need For Speed : Underground - Hangs after showing that
2nd:pikmin JAP - as dolphin, only shows the logo
3rd:pikmin 2 US - same as dolphin, only those 2 parts
4th:as over :p
5th:Zelda Collector's Edition - hangs there

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

Damn you Posty! I was about to do it :p

Last part and the best one - Zelda Wind Waker!

it runs almost like on Dolphin - some textures errors, I don't know if the characters textures problem and the shadow bug are in it, the game hangs frequently, so I couldn't see, a lot of thing to mess with to play :p

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
They're awesome shots. But, how come they say December 31st, 1999 in the bottom right? XD

... Think a NTSC version of Zelda Collector's Edition would work if it just doesn't want to work without 60HZ mode?

Edit: If Pikmin 2 gets that far, how does Pikmin 1 work? >_>

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

Vile324:
-About the date, seems like a bug with the dolphin video plugin, the dolwin ones are working just fine (well, time it working but starting at midnight on the january 1st 2000 :p)

-Zelda Collector's edition is PAL, some TVs out there can do 50Hz and other 60Hz I bet..... damn europeans - confirmation - PAL50 and PAL60 :p

-For Pikmin 1, didn't get it to work yet, maybe sometime later.

Last edited:
OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

I just noticed that i forgot to mention, Pikmin 1 actually totally refuses to boot.....

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

I accidently got pikmin to boot ( I don't even know how I did that) but it doesn't work anymore :\.... I got it to work by skipping stuff but I think I skipped too much, 2d/3d/textures are a bit messed up... got an unhlandled opcode error after the last shot, thing that stopped the game.

Here are the shots:

Last edited:

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
Just wonderin, could you try the new video plugin in the dolphin beta that u've got, and there might be some differences.

OP
Knuckles

Knuckles

ector : or9 told me you did :p maybe a mis-read from me :p sry

Last edited: