What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Mollymutt's DK64 retexture wip

Kiggles

Aye. Much improved, Molly. You're making great progress. Try not too get too discouraged by folk's comments around here. I think a lot of people's expectations we are little exagerated with someone of the existing projects, but you're doing great with little experience. Keep up on this project and you'll keep getting better. I respect you're not letting a limited experience hold you back from even trying.

minkster

Now that is much better...keep it up. I myself suck at using photoshop, and I have to say for a beginner you have a lot of potential especially with that last rock texture. Good luck, I think you will get the hang of it. :D

Nin_10_Dough

Ah, that works much better as a texture. It tiles waaaaaaay better. It still might need some work though, not exactly appealing visually, but congrats on the huge improvement :bouncy:.

OP
M

Mollymutt

I just got a little sensitive, when you said it was a random texture. i got nailed when I was putting photos in, so when I tried to make my own I still got nailed, and I was thinking "What the hell do I have to do?".

V-King

Just a dude
'Xcuse me if I say so, but I don't think, that it does look good in any way.
To be honest it looks like crap. It absolutely doesn't fit in any way in DK64.
DK64 is a game full of jokes and stuff so the comic-like style is just perfect for it.

But I would really like to see a HiRes-Texture-Pak for DK64. Maybe another guy could do this? ;)

Nick_kidid0

Member since 2001
It's looking really good so far, keep up the good work. Perhaps show us a screenshot of the new ground you showed us earlier with this new rock wall texture to see how they contrast each other now before changing that.

[ROLO]

Your Boss
hey man, I think you got the idea now, and are making great stuff, keep it up, don't let anyone let you down, you accept great the critics cause you've improved a lot. Hope to see more WIP soon, don't let this die.

V-King

Just a dude
Mollymutt said:
I've got a great idea V-King. Why don't YOU do it. If you don't like it go somewhere else!
WTF? I've just being honest and not offensive in any way.
I just said, I don't like it. I wasn't rude or something.

Anyways, I'm busy with Banjo-Kazooie :p (at least in 2 weeks, when I got holidays)

OP
M

Mollymutt

V-King said:
'Xcuse me if I say so, but I don't think, that it does look good in any way.To be honest it looks like crap. It absolutely doesn't fit in any way in DK64. But I would really like to see a HiRes-Texture-Pak for DK64. Maybe another guy could do this? ;)

Not offensive in any way? Are you kidding me? Please tell me how this isn't offensive. I was on vacation last week, so I haven't done any new work on this. I'll give it another go, and see how it goes.

V-King

Just a dude
Mollymutt said:
Not offensive in any way? Are you kidding me? Please tell me how this isn't offensive. I was on vacation last week, so I haven't done any new work on this. I'll give it another go, and see how it goes.
At least, I didn't MEAN to be offensive with that post. Sorry but you might have misunderstood my post or at least a part of it.
As I said, I didn't mean to be offensive in any way.
And as I also said, it doesn't fit in the game since everything (the characters at least) are comic-styled and I think the textures should be, too.

OP
M

Mollymutt

Well, when you say they are crap, and you wished someone else would pick this project up, I don't know.... What's up with this board lately? When I try to go to the last page of a thread, it takes me to a random page of it, and I'm not able to add attachments right now.

Im Bored

lol@censors
yeah i got the same problem as you..they "upgraded" it aka, the urls are prettier, but the rest kind of doesnt work.

I definitely like your newest rock texture. The problem everyone seems to have is that its not a "comic style"; well, you do kind of need to wait until everything is contextualized, you cant expect just one graphic to carry over a different style, no matter how subtle the change in direction is. I would only say, perhaps try and match it to the original hue of the original texture...this way, if you do so for all textures too, then you will not have to worry about tonal value issues and harmonys, as the artists working on the game will have (read: should have) taken care of that.