What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

mdta - 3 OoT High Res Text and Menu Project

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
it needs a slight change in angle, and I suppose I can change the ground, its upto fed what he wants...

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
mdtauk said:
it needs a slight change in angle, and I suppose I can change the ground, its upto fed what he wants...
I think it looks great! Just, maybe, you should make lower the view point.

SALUDOS.

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
possibly, I am not very good as I am, so I will do what I can, and hope others help out...

The Dave

People keep on saying Twilight Princess Style but other than HUD, Menus and text "Twilight Princess Style" is just hi-res regular. The Twilight Princess is just, artisticly, upgraded Ocarina of Time. Both games were made with the idea of trying to be realistic, the only differences between the two is what had to be compensated for hardware limitations.

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
No, no, no, no, NO! The two are completely different in style. To be honest, I think that the style of Twilight Princess is closer to WW than OoT. However, it's more of a fusion of the two styles.
As to the new WIP - it's excellent! mdtauk, you're certainly one of the best around in high-res texturing. You just hit the nail on the head with the feel of what you do; keep it up!

The Dave

Googol said:
No, no, no, no, NO! The two are completely different in style. To be honest, I think that the style of Twilight Princess is closer to WW than OoT. However, it's more of a fusion of the two styles.
As to the new WIP - it's excellent! mdtauk, you're certainly one of the best around in high-res texturing. You just hit the nail on the head with the feel of what you do; keep it up!

You're high. Look at the pictures of TP, that's how OoT would have looked like if Nintendo had the hardware.

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
I'm not stupid. Certainly, there are similaritities; and when it was first unveiled at e3 last year I would agree with you. But more recent screens and trailers have shown a completely different, more artistic side to TP that changes that view.
Neither game is realistic, for that matter - both are fairly anime styled, although TP shows that a bit more than OoT.

Federelli

Beta Tester
Md, use the textures on my pack for the castle entrance, see what you can do with them. So far it's looking awesome, great, great work.

See if you can somehow retexture the castle entrance floor texture in the following way, simlpy try retexturing the castle floor entrance and i'll use that in my pack, but have it looking a bit more like the original one please :p.

Googol, TP is by far the most real looking zelda yet, nothing like WW.

Last edited:

El Kameleon

hey, mdtauk, i'm looking for windwaker fonts to use with my Majora's Mask retexture project, any chance i could get a little help?

El Kameleon

can someone at least tell me what the name of the font is that you would use on the action button? i can't find it anywhere

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Its a japanese font, I dont have it, I have had to piece words together letter by letter, based on some letter shapes I found. Djipi's pack contains my Wind Waker stuff, and at some point, once the Majora's Mask stuff is done and dusted, I may go back to the Twilight Princess inspired pack...

El Kameleon

well, i'm the one working on majoras mask right now, thats why i asked. if you could at least point me in the right direction, that would be appreciated, so i can at least piece the stuff together myself, i'd appreciate it

El Kameleon

i dont think thats right... i cant read japanese either, i browsed that site and couldnt figure anything out... is there a way you can just send me them fonts, through email or something?

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
I dont have fonts... You need to pay for them, I looked on the site, found the letters, drew them and I copy and pasted them to make words.